bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Need prayer  (Read 19058 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Need prayer
« on: October 26, 2010, 05:53:10 AM »

Hey, I was hoping I could get some prayer from anyone who doesn't feel burdened remembering me anytime at all. I'm dealing with great struggles against the flesh, and I mean those struggles a man deals with... when his hormones rage like their is no tomorrow. I can't stand it, I know its not who I want to be, I know its not me, but I am absolutely powerless and even thats an understatement. I've tried time and time again, i'm constantly overcome. I've prayed for hours upon end, for months and months, years now. I feel like I've been thrown into a spiritual prison by the Lord. I want out.

Absolutely tired and tired of this, tired of wanting it one moment, then hating myself for having wanted it or done it the next. I feel like i'm absolutely bent and twisted upside down inside, the only thing that makes sense are pauls words... That which I want, I do not do and that which I do , I do not want... Ugh.. what a contradictive mess of desires I am!

I can't stand it, in my heart of hearts I want the Lord to reign over this temple and destroy this beast yet I find myself embracing the flesh at every temptation of it...

Prayers please.... Thank you.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Need prayer
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 06:27:21 AM »

Hey lilitalienboi16

I see this is your first post in the BT Forum! 8)

No one here has the keys of that prison you are in but most of us have been there or are in there with you! :'( It is a very painful place! :-[ It is great that you don't like it, where you are! I'd be concerned if you were not being caused to feel the dismay, weakness, frailty and your carnal liability to temptation. That is something we all have to endure but God doesn't give it to many to feel the pain and agony because many are taking the broad way to perdition and are simply accepting and accommodating the condition of subjection to sin. It is wonderful that you are not making this time in prison feel like it is okay with your soul. You are being caused to despise the condition as Jesus Himself despised the shame....You are to do the same.  :) :'( :)

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I know you want out. That is only natural ~ yet ~ only the Lord has the keys....Non of us can fight or want to fight with Him to set you free. Why? Because our Lord does everything for a very good outcome. There is a purpose too, for the fact that you are experiencing your difficulties. You have to go through the pain  :( :'(

Act 14:22  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Don't give up or give in to the struggle and the dismay towards your spiritual condition. I would feel comforted if the Lord causes you to continue your turning in appeal and surrender to the Lord's Plan for you. I believe He is building up in you, His Faith that you trust in Him. Just think...one day...when it pleases the Lord to let you go free....you shall have the wisdom, empathy and understanding of the humility, feelings of guilt and despair that others have to endure and perhaps you'll be able to encourage, assure and bring some form of empathy purged of condemnation that might help someone else. Until then, it is good that you are suffering...and I, for one, rejoice.... :)

2Co 7:9  Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
2Co 7:10  For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

I know that a few people when they are in prison, are caused to take a new and otherwise different occupation to take the opportunity to learn or study. Have you started to read the LOF Series here. I hope our Lord gives you the privilege to do something constructive and peacefully beneficial for your soul.... :)

Take comfort that our Lord has not grouped you together with those who look to defy Him.

Rom 1:32  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.  

Take comfort and strength, as the Lord teaches you Patience and Humility as you realise that the law of sin is a law that God has written for a worthy purpose and keeping assurance and gratitude that God has not put you together with those under God's strong delusion!  That's the good news! 8) :)

~ Welcome to the Forum.  :)

Blessings

Arc
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:48:06 AM by Arcturus »

G. Driggs

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 07:46:59 AM »

Hi Alex, and welcome back! I've often thought of you and prayed for you since you left. I will most definitely continue to pray for you. It's good to have you here again.

I can relate to your struggles, as I think most men can. Realize and understand you were made this way, and it's gonna take a lot to unmake you this way. Because Jesus overcame, He has enabled you to overcome also, just be patient. It's gonna take judgment to make you righteous, but better now than later.

Here are some words from Ray which I sincerely hope will encourage and strengthen you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm

And so Jesus, Who knew the temptations of the flesh (the "temptations," not the "lusts"). Jesus was tempted, but never lusted. Once you "lust," you have already "SINNED." Jesus went right to the heart of the problem of spiritual morality and spiritual conversion:

"You have heard that it was said by them of old time, you shall not commit adultery..."

And there are many men who have been obedient to this part of the commandment.

"But I say unto you, that whosoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart" (Matt. 5:27-28).

So what is a man to do? No viral man has the ability to NOT LUST after pretty women (and as Billy Crystal would have us know, sometimes not so pretty women). It is as natural as a knee-jerk, and if you women hear a different story from your husbands, know that they are lying through their teeth. All men lust after women. But it's a sin. Why is it a sin? Because Jesus said so. (And other reasons I don't have time to go into now). It's a sin and men are powerless to overcome it. What are we to do? Not even marriage will totally solve the spiritual aspect of this problem. But there is a way to conquer this and all sins.

Jesus never sinned. Why not? Why didn't Jesus sin? I have said before: Because His Father wouldn't let Him sin, and because His Father inspired Jesus through His Holy Spirit to turn from the temptation every time. Jesus' motivation to not sin was much greater than His temptation to sin, and the stronger motivator (the love of God's Spirit in Him) always won out. This is how Jesus "overcame the world." Now then, is this powerful motivator available to us? Yes, thank God, it is:

"But you shall receive power after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you..." (Acts 1:8).

And so, when a man who is tempted to spend more time looking at a woman than he should, looking at her to lust after her, the Spirit of God will give him power to turn away. God won't make you or force you to turn away, but He will give you the power to turn away, and then you have to do the turning. And should you fail to turn away before you actually lust after her, then you must "pluck out your eye. No not your literal, physical, organ of the body, but the lustful eye of your heart.

No man's physical eyes has ever lusted after anything. All lust comes from the heart, the carnal mind, and that part of the carnal mind must be "plucked out," or "cut off." But you must be the one who does the plucking and cutting or God will intervene and "cast your whole body into Gehenna fire" in a later Judgment where this spiritual fire is called "The Lake of Fire."

We can either volunteer to stop sinning now, in this life, or God will volunteer us to stop sinning later, in the resurrection to Judgment. Yes, of course, it will be God in us regardless of which Judgment we find ourselves.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bible-truths.com/lake13.html

THE SPIRITUAL SYMBOL OF THE SAND

I have already stated a dozen times or so in this paper that we must all "follow Christ." Peter puts it this way:

"For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an EXAMPLE, that we should FOLLOW HIS STEPS: Who did NO SIN, neither was guile found in His mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judges righteously: Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto RIGHTEOUSNESS: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now RETURNED unto the Shepherd and Bishop [overseer] of your souls"

Notice that we are all to follow His steps. But Jesus "did NO SIN," and we ALL sin. There is the giant difference. We have to KEEP WALKING in His steps until we STOP SINNING. But the point to be made here is, that we must and WILL "follow His steps."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G.Driggs

grapehound

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:53:18 AM »

Welcome to the Forum Bro,
That's quite an opening post! It truly shows just how desperate you are feeling.
The blessing is that God has given you the courage to despise your condition in a Forum!
He doesn't give that gift to many.

As one man to another, I think that's the most common thing facing us when we are first dragged here. I certainly identify with where you are, but I didn't have your courage to be as open. I struggled for decades;without any human counsel. Only Him.
That's how it was for me. Just Him and lil' me. It was a very lonely place. It seemed the more I struggled, the worse it got. It destroyed two marriages. Neither of my ex wives were to blame.

Then I was "drawn out to a place from which I could not return".  He caused life to conspire against my desires. He cornered me in a little one bedroomed home, hidden amongst the sprawl of a drug ridden, gun toting, council estate in the suburbs.
He gave me my dog Molly as my only companion. He provided my food and drink: and surprisingly, my internet connection!  
Despite a loving family, I lived like a recluse for 2 years. They stopped visiting because of my downward spiral. I had always prided myself on my appearance. I became a dishevelled bum.
I would only wash when I started to itch. Hair and a beard like ZZ Top. Social Services had to come in and clean me up. Then the psychiatrists got hold of me. It was a nightmare; and I didn't care.

Before repentance and my 20 years in Babylon, I was a handsome 6'2" ex-model and entertainer, a womaniser, a snappy dresser with a constant wit. I was 'the dude'. I was the kiss of death to any woman, married or not, I didn't care. I was restrained from that kind of living for 20 years! But the draw of the internet kept me a secret prisoner to my lusts.

When God finally cornered me here, where I live now, He allowed me to sicken myself with my appetites. He really turned me over to the darkness. Then, I started the self loathing.

I struggled and struggled. A few weeks would go by and just when I thought I was out of it, it would return. I lost count of the 'foothills'. Then one day, I just understood that struggling was pointless. I would continue in my filth and just cry out, with tears. I would self injure to make me feel I was being punished. I was totally sickened by myself.

Then,

HE STEPPED IN.

It was miraculous. The feeling just got up and vanished.
I was hungry for prayer and fellowship with Him.
He just sovereignly changed it.
I was awestruck.

HE JUST SAID "NOW"   His appointed time! Not mine.

My advice to you Brother? Stop struggling. Keep praying; constantly, all day long. Make it a habit. Make it an obsession. Talk with Him, talk, talk,talk. Let it be the reason you're even awake.

Maybe He's getting you sick of yourself.

Where would any of us be without "greasy Grace"?

Arcturus gave you His fine wisdom. I thought her words were excellent.
I almost clicked off the post, but God prevented me.
As I took hold of the mouse, saying "Good one Arc", He caused me to feel THAT pain. Now YOUR pain. I just had to tell ya.

Hope this has helped Bro, you're not alone. Ever.
His loving hand is most certainly upon you.
Stop struggling. Take your hand's off his wall and watch a Master Builder at work.
It will make you cry; tears of Joy and Gratitude.

PM me if you want to talk. I know where you're hanging brother. I think I can see how you're pinned.

Muchest Luv in His Grace and Mercy.

Grape
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:00:27 AM by grapehound »

grapehound

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 07:57:33 AM »

Just read your reply George, bless you Brother.
Great counsel.

Grape

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 08:32:27 AM »

Hey ALEX :o :D....it's YOU!!  :o 8)OHHHH.....nudge nudge by G.Driggs nuzzle of the shot gun :D ;D...... :D ;D....

Welcome back dear brother.... :)

Blessings

Arc

G. Driggs

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 08:55:42 AM »

You described me to a T grape, except for the model part. :P It really seems it takes a lot (I mean a lot!) of self loathing and judgment before He begins to change us doesn't it? Talk about torment! I'm not saying I'm "there" yet, but I say this with much fear and trembling knowing He could put me back where He found me. Thanks grape for your testimony.

Quote from: Arcturus
nudge nudge by G.Driggs nuzzle of the shot gun Cheesy Grin...... Cheesy Grin....

Ha ha Arc, I got your back. ;)

Hang in there dear Alex, your in good company. Remember, " I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me". (Php 4:13 ) He is pulling for you, or else you would not have come back. One day at a time, one second at a time is all we have bro, we repent in increments.

Peace

G.Driggs

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:58:54 AM »

WOW! Grape :o

You know what the sun being turned into darkness and the moon into blood means! :o 8) :)

Blessings

Arc

santikos

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »

I wish i had some more wisdom to add than what was already said. all i can say is that i will do what you have asked and will pray for your brother. what you struggle with is what we, as men, will always in one way or another struggle with. Only God will destroy that fleshly beast and free us from that prison.

Samson

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 10:33:18 AM »

Hey, I was hoping I could get some prayer from anyone who doesn't feel burdened remembering me anytime at all. I'm dealing with great struggles against the flesh, and I mean those struggles a man deals with... when his hormones rage like their is no tomorrow. I can't stand it, I know its not who I want to be, I know its not me, but I am absolutely powerless and even that's an understatement. I've tried time and time again, I'm constantly overcome. I've prayed for hours upon end, for months and months, years now. I feel like I've been thrown into a spiritual prison by the Lord. I want out.

Absolutely tired and tired of this, tired of wanting it one moment, then hating myself for having wanted it or done it the next. I feel like I'm absolutely bent and twisted upside down inside, the only thing that makes sense are Paul's words... That which I want, I do not do and that which I do , I do not want... Ugh.. what a contradicting mess of desires I am!

I can't stand it, in my heart of hearts I want the Lord to reign over this temple and destroy this beast yet I find myself embracing the flesh at every temptation of it...

Dear Alex,

Firstly, I'm glad you've rejoined the Forum. Being with like minded individuals will certainly help. Remember, Ray has stated that God created Testosterone, this Biological fact is of the Carnal, not just the fleshly thinking, but Hormonal too. I don't envy your position in this respect. Only God's spirit can CAUSE anyone to desist from the "works of the flesh;" Galatians. 5:19-21. Of course, I'll pray for you, that's a given. You've been doing allot of praying yourself, this is good. The fact that you "can't stand it," is a step in the right direction. I remember my extremely strong desire in this area at 16-28 of age. What Paul stated that You allude to in your above Post is reality, because there is a war going on inside Your members. I present no Judgement against You, but continue to fight the fine fight, as Paul did.

What I'm about to say is not meant to coerce you in any particular direction, but only meant as a possible consideration. Is Marriage an option ? No, I'm not suggesting that you impulsively Marry anyone. It's just meant as a consideration. You were a member for quite some time prior to Your rejoining, so I won't barrage you with many Scriptures, You already know them. I'll list the Scriptural references only: 1Cor. 7:1,2; 8,9 &28. Verses 9(better to Marry than to be inflamed with passion) & 28(If you did Marry, you would commit no sin). Verses 9 & 28 in particular.

If Marriage is not a viable choice in Your personal circumstances, Is there anything you can refrain from in regards to stimulating these desires. Are you viewing or partaking of anything that might increase Your desires in this area(Rhetorical question) ? I know, even with an active avoidance of any type of Stimuli on Your part, the Hormones are a kicking in. I'm only 1/2 Italian, to be full blooded, whew. Just providing a little levity, no offense intended. We can try to assist and help you with good intentions, but ultimately it's between You and God, He's(God) in control and responsible, Your(includes all of us) are accountable for Our choices. If you need to PM me, feel free, If not, that's okay too. One important thing, You've already taken some steps in the right direction, Recognition and reaching for help.

Kind Regards, Samson.

mharrell08

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 11:27:03 AM »

Hey, I was hoping I could get some prayer from anyone who doesn't feel burdened remembering me anytime at all. I'm dealing with great struggles against the flesh, and I mean those struggles a man deals with... when his hormones rage like their is no tomorrow. I can't stand it, I know its not who I want to be, I know its not me, but I am absolutely powerless and even thats an understatement. I've tried time and time again, i'm constantly overcome. I've prayed for hours upon end, for months and months, years now. I feel like I've been thrown into a spiritual prison by the Lord. I want out.

Absolutely tired and tired of this, tired of wanting it one moment, then hating myself for having wanted it or done it the next. I feel like i'm absolutely bent and twisted upside down inside, the only thing that makes sense are pauls words... That which I want, I do not do and that which I do , I do not want... Ugh.. what a contradictive mess of desires I am!

Hey Alex, welcome back to the forum.

Lusting after women is a daily urge of the flesh. It doesn't go away when you get married, if you isolate yourself from society, or attempt to obey the Lord. Like you said, it is like a prison that men are in, and it is an almost lifetime sentence. But this judgment has a just Judge: Jesus Christ who will see you through.

Luke 4:18-19  The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me [Jesus], because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

You mentioned Paul, who said he had a 'war in his members/body warring against his mind' [Rom 7:23]. It's all about what we think on. 'As a man thinks, so he is'.

Eph 6:12  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Phil 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things

1 Tim 4:12-13, 15-16 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine...Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.

One of the biggest problems with dealing with sin is: We don't think about WHY it is wrong. The church simply teaches 'it's wrong because God said so'. But WHY did He say so. Fornication or lustful thoughts, just like any other sin, if you can't understand WHY God says not to do it, it will always feel utterly impossible to overcome.

1 Cor 6:15-20 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? (even in thought: As a man thinks, so HE IS) For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

It's about giving God glory, IN YOUR BODY and IN YOUR SPIRIT. Your thoughts and actions. If we continue to say to ourselves "I don't want to think this, I don't want to think this", we will always fail because our carnality DOES want to think those thoughts. We must have the greater desire to 'glorify God in our bodies and spirit'. The desire to serve and obey the Lord has to grow and become bigger than our carnal thoughts...that's what overcoming is all about. And our Lord knows all about overcoming, in and through us:

John 16:33  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation [warring in our members and mind]; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 01:07:11 PM »

Hi Alex,

So glad to have you back at the forum, I've missed you  :)

You are a young man and I can understand how it would be hard not to revel in your youth. Maybe you should evaluate things in your life and see where you might need to make changes. Right now you need to make little baby steps, just try to start to make positive changes. Think about the places you go, if you hang out in places that lead to sinnful behavior, well... If all of your friends are living their lives in the way that you have come to despise, maybe you need to seriously reconsider who you hang around with. Even if you don't stick to a change you have made, don't give up! You know the saying; if at first you don't succeed try, try again? This is so true, NEVER give up! Bad habits are never easy to break, maybe it's God way to make us so glad to get rid of it we will never go back. If you do try and make changes, find some positive habits/hobbies to replace the bad ones with. Don't just stop doing things and sit around and feel sorry for yourself, find something else to do. This is just my attempt to be helpful, but it's only my opinion, not knowing the many details of your life.

I would also say that Grape's advice to, "Keep praying; constantly, all day long. Make it a habit. Make it an obsession. Talk with Him, talk, talk,talk. Let it be the reason you're even awake." I think this is the best advice of all, as it is God who will give you the strength you need to overcome and make the changes.

Hang in there Alex, you are a work in progress, as we all are. I know from your past posts that you know and believe this truth, this is a very high calling, we all have "to count the cost' and give up our very lives in order to follow Chirst.

Luke 14:25  Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them,
v. 26  "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
v. 27  And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

Yes we have to give it all up, but let's not forget why.

1Co 2:6  However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
v. 7  But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
v. 8  which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
v. 9  But as it is written:
       "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
       Nor have entered into the heart of man
       The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

Yes the reward is only for a very few, it is so great it can not be compared to anything in this life... just think about it.

Rev 15:2  And I saw something like a sea of glass mingled with fire, and those who have the victory over the beast, over his image and over his mark and over the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:25:09 PM by Kat »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 02:15:08 PM »

Welcome back to the forum, Alex.

I can only imagine the trial you are suffering, but I am encouraged that you have returned here for prayer and guidance.  I just want you to remember that you are powerless to change your heart or desires, however, God can and will enable you to overcome if that is His will in your life at this time.

I will be praying for you.

René

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »

Women have no idea what many young men go through. None.

Mat 26:41  Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Gal 5:17  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

We are spirit and we are animals. We are subject to the instincts and drives of animals.

In some of the animal world the males fight to the death for the right to reproduce. This is a powerful force. You are not going to overcome this with your will. Not going to happen.

Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Here is your answer:

Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:30:52 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 03:53:45 PM »

He makes women attractive to us, then He tells us not to lust after them

Exactly!

We are here to learn that we cannot control our own bodies, let alone run this planet. As Rene' pointed out, we have no control or power over anything.

We are also victims of chemistry.

When I was 58 I didn't think I would live to be my current age of 67. I knew I would be dead by now.

Then I discovered "Super Miraforte" (sold at http://lef.org) which turns free estrogen (bad for men) into testosterone. And in a few days I had my life back.

But I also had all my lusts back.

So I can overcome my lust by not taking my vitamins and supplements and die soon, or I can feel a lot better and live with my lusts. I decided on the latter.

grapehound

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »

As a contrast to Dennis' last post. I remember a howler from a Brit comic

" Adolescence is the most cruel age for men. One day you're a boy, the next day you're covered in acne and noticing girls. It makes you horny and unattractive at the same time!"  ;D ;D

Sorry Alex, this might not be helping much.

BUMP
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:12:48 PM by grapehound »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 06:33:56 PM »

Hey Alex.  It's really good to see you.  I think it's OK if we preach to the horny, too...so here goes.

You are one of just a few who have half a clue how all this *waves arms widly* ends.  What a blessed position to be in!  When you know how it ends, you can face everything without fear.

I don't think it's for no reason that the Jews elevated boys to men at 13.  That's a pretty common age for males to come to know by experience both the pleasures and tyranny of the flesh.  And I don't think it's for nothing that sexual sin takes such a prominent place in describing the war we find ourselves in.  You'll learn more about sin, religion, faith, grace, self, and everything else dealing with this--well and/or poorly--than with anything else.

So, yeah, I'll pray for you that the Lord will use this to create a child of God.  I'd encourage you to keep your eyes on the finish line.     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

grapehound

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »

Dave in Tenn.
Just love the *waves arms wildly* line!  ;D ;D

"That was Grapehound on his new album 'Waves Arms Wildly' "
" Don't move that dial. Cummin up we got Doc Hagee with 'Burn Baby Burn'"

ROFL!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;

gmik

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 08:59:58 PM »

alex, my little alien boy!!

TIME is one of the greatest gifts God has given us.  Increment by increment (I like that)

Spend time re reading Rays papers.  Spend time here on forum.  Seek ways to spend your time that doesn't put you in so much temptation.

TRUST God to work this out for you...after all HE made you the way you are- Italian genes and all!!

love ya,
gena

(1 Pet 1-4 is very good-I just read it today-may help ya)

EKnight

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 09:45:28 PM »

Ha, I think being on the forum or keeping your head down in your bible is the only way to avoid temptation.  God knows you can't go to the movies or so much as turn on the TV before a pretty woman is practically sitting in your lap seducing you.  Even commercials are a temptation to men.  So being a man in this day and age trying to avoid lust is, well, a challenge only the Lord can accomplish.

I'm praying for you Alex and every man out there.

Eileen
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.