bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whence the dark matter?  (Read 4289 times)

GaryK

Whence the dark matter?
« on: October 27, 2010, 07:13:29 PM »

Has Dark Matter Finally Been Seen? Time Will Tell

“In a new finding that could have game-changing effects if borne out, two astrophysicists think they've finally tracked down the elusive signature of dark matter.

This invisible substance is thought to make up much of the universe — but scientists have little idea what it is. They can only infer the existence of dark matter by measuring its gravitational tug on the normal matter that they can see.

Not everyone is ready to accept that dark matter has been found.”

"This result is very intriguing but doesn't yet rise to the Sagan standard — extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence," Turner said. Other explanations would have to be eliminated, he said. "Nature knows many ways to make gamma rays."

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/dark-matter-annihilation-fermi-101027.html

-------

L. Ray Smith;
Topic: WHO AND WHAT IS JESUS? & WHO IS HIS FATHER? Nashville Conference 2007

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

THE UNIVERSE!

“The whole thing is as bizarre as it can be.
Think about space, if you took God away, what is left?
Is there anything out there left?
Is there space?
Is it dark?
Is it light?
What is it then?

“So I say the whole thing is bizarre.  And I say that in love and hopefully with a little wisdom.  This whole creation is bizarre.  God is doing like He said in Isaiah 28:21 “a strange work.”

I want to be honest with what I know and what I learn.  But I don’t know where to find it.  I read all these books and all this stuff and most of it is garbage, if you want to find answers.  Now you can learn knowledge, but you won’t get any answers.

The religious people hate the scientist and the scientist despise religion.  Yet a creation demands a creator and it demands a beginning.  But how can you have a beginning, if there is not a starting point?  Yet the scientist are forced to believe that it had a creation.

The earth is so finitely balanced with a thousand other things, if you move any one of them, we’re all dead! 

[comment: Just like God made it.]  Just like God made it.”

-------

L. Ray Smith; 
THE LAKE OF FIRE, Installment XV - Part D, The Myth of Free-Will Exposed, EVERYTHING HAS A PRECISE APPOINTED TIME
http://bible-truths.com/lake15-D.html

HOW INTELLECTUALLY AND SPIRITUALLY HONEST ARE YOU?

“Dear reader, "To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under the heaven" is a law of GOD! "Whatsoever God does... nothing can be put to it, nor anything taken from it: and God does it" is a law of GOD.

The circumstances are already set in motion which will bring about God’s desired intentions. Individually, however, each one will have perfectly reasonable and rational reasons for his or her decision.
Those who accept this Truth will have rational reasons to voluntarily do so. Likewise those who reject it will have equally reasonable objects (to them they will be reasonable) for not accepting what they are reading. Amazing, isn’t it?”

Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Heb 11:3  Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Don’t you love it when a plan comes together?   ;D

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Whence the dark matter?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:23:12 PM »

Gary it is absolutely amazing what God has made and how He works! 8)

Mat 16:16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17  And Jesus answered and said unto him,
Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Yes! It is GRAND when a plan comes together!...beyond Grand!... 8) ;D For the Scientists to admit that they have "little idea"….well…that’s a Plan in progress! ;D 8) 8) :D :)... :)

Blessings brother
Arc

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:10:14 AM »

Interesting.

I love that Ray has teached with a balance between 'Science' & 'Religion' (as it should be) - there aren't many teachers who do that.

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 02:00:38 PM »

Interesting.

I love that Ray has teached with a balance between 'Science' & 'Religion' (as it should be) - there aren't many teachers who do that.

Amen! Thank God for his "sound teaching".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.