bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's in Control  (Read 5675 times)

Samson

God's in Control
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:32:51 PM »

Hello Forum,

I want to share an interesting experience I had yesterday while playing Tennis. This experience combines Humor and a serious side, hence "God's in Control." I was playing Tennis with the Guy that I've been playing Tennis with since 1989 and after two sets, we were tied at one set a piece. Prior to the match, He bragged that I wouldn't get a game. After two Sets, He won the first 6-2 and I won the second 6-2. He stated that I wouldn't get a game in the third set. I responded by saying: "God decides and causes how the third set will turn out and not Us. He declares the beginning and ending of every matter. He responded by stating: " God isn't interested in this Tennis match and I decide who will win, not God, I am in control of this Match, not God." I didn't say anything further ! Well, guess what, I won the third set 6-4. No, I didn't rub it in, but His comment did remind me of someone who ate grass for seven years, a long time ago, ;D ;). Lesson, never add any limitations as to what God can and cannot do or what God will or will not do.

Kind Regards, Samson.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: God's in Control
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 06:45:16 PM »

w00t! You go samson! Thats awsome!!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

grapehound

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 07:59:40 PM »

Excellent Samson!   ;D
Thanks for sharing and reminding us.
Sometimes we forget!

Thanks again Brother.

Grape

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 04:18:36 AM »

I'm pleased that you won Samson, but isn't that a little unfair, taking advantage of your God given ability to see the path of the tennis ball as if it was in slow motion.   :o   ;D
You know that we will have many great powers in the resurrection and we need to learn to use them with humility.

Just saying, friend Bob

judith collier

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 04:35:34 AM »

Indianbob, I hear you but doggon' it sometimes the arrogance of some people is enough to twist your skivies in a knot! I would have done a dance afterwards and carried on poking fun but then I probably won't be around to teach others either I guess.
judy

Samson

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 06:11:29 AM »

I think it is funny. I wonder if he changed his freewill mind?
I have often wondered about God's humour.

Warchild,

He never mentioned anything about Free Will, although We've discussed the Salvation of All. He's an EX-JW, like me. As a matter of fact, He's the Guy who originally introduced me to some of the JW teachings back in 1978, basically that the Soul is Mortal, God is not a Trinity and that God doesn't punish us with Endless Torture in some Physical Hell Hole. He likes to listen to the "Feel Good" preachers like Joel Osteen.

Whether or not He believes in "Free Will," There's a good possibility He will still be arrogant and boastful in the days to come, at least until after the Resurrection and Isaiah. 26:9 is fulfilled.  ;)

Carry On, Samson.

Samson

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 06:18:42 AM »

I'm pleased that you won Samson, but isn't that a little unfair, taking advantage of your God given ability to see the path of the tennis ball as if it was in slow motion.   :o   ;D
You know that we will have many great powers in the resurrection and we need to learn to use them with humility.

Just saying, friend Bob

No special powers yet Bob, just sore joints from playing Tennis, raking leaves and trimming this pain in the neck Magnolia Tree, boy this Tree has many leaves. I'm supposed to lift weights Today. My weight lifting sessions are very brief(20 minutes), but intense, sets taken to muscular failure, but reps are fairly high.

Pam and I are leaving for Lynchburg, Va on Wednesday(Vacation), but I just remembered, I can access the Forum from my Cell Phone, like I do at work.

Take Care, Samson.

Samson

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 06:51:49 AM »

Excellent Samson!   ;D
Thanks for sharing and reminding us.
Sometimes we forget!

Thanks again Brother.

Grape

Hey Grapehound,

Actually, I learned more from this experience than He did. In the Spiritual, just a reminder that God is Total Sovereign and in control, the first cause and the influence behind all outcomes. In he Physical I learned: Just play sports for fun and don't worry about winning, when you do that, you usually play better anyway. This Guy plays like it's Wimbleton, ie- playing hurt, practically diving for balls, trying to develop strategies to beat me, deliberately forgetting the score to see if I remembered. Actually, He's quite good and at 68 years old, still fast. He moves very well, side to side, but running forward was always His weakness. He loves to change the pace of the ball to upset my timing, He hits drop shots, backhand slices and has five different serves. Timing and anticipation is everything in Tennis. We were in the same Tennis league together from 1989-1996. Tennis is a great game, but I don't particularly care for "Doubles." Doubles are for older guys that can't run,  ;). When I have to resort to Doubles, it's close to the Grave and Hades for me,  ;D.

Take Care Brother, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.