bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Appreciation of Old Time Members  (Read 10387 times)

cherokee

Re: Appreciation of Old Time Members
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 08:52:52 AM »

According to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, the first listing for Bibletruths was April 5, 2001. The first time a link for a discussion forum appeared was March 21, 2004 but it was founded Feb. 10, 2004 and had 118 members.

Sorry, but I could not access who they were.
Maybe someone who was a member back then could.

Blessings,
Suzie

Beloved

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 06:23:58 PM »

I cannot remember but I know I once had another moniker but cannot remember what it was before I chose "beloved"

I also remember the forum closing and re=signing in a couple times. There was a short time where google was considered but then you had to deal with advertisers. Yuk.

Then came the great "Simple Machine" see top of your page...then life was good.

Regarding members wher abouts. Remember we are not pew warmers. This is a journey and not a destination. We are told that we are to go on to maturity. In spirit we are all one.

(Eph 4:1)  I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
(Eph 4:2)  With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
(Eph 4:3)  Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
(Eph 4:4)  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
(Eph 4:5)  One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
(Eph 4:6)  One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(Eph 4:7)  But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Thanks Samson for the refreshening and rememberance  ;)

At any rate, Dennis can give the exact history sequence since he is the man behind the scenes

Beloved

gmik

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 09:43:23 PM »

Judy....wooohooooo..... ;)

GaryK

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »

Regarding members wher abouts. Remember we are not pew warmers. This is a journey and not a destination. We are told that we are to go on to maturity. In spirit we are all one.
Beloved

That's good, and appreciated.

gk

Marky Mark

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 01:04:51 PM »

This is a journey and not a destination. We are told that we are to go on to maturity.

1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

1Pe 2:2  As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Gal 4:1  Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
Gal 4:2  But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
Gal 4:3  Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Heb 5:12  For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Heb 5:13  For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Heb 5:14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Heb 6:1  Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2  Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Heb 6:3  And this will we do, if God permit.

Peace...Mark

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:56 AM »

Also, let us not give the current members a false sense in thinking that those who are no longer with us are spiritually mature nor the ones who are still among us.
Mat 7:16  Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Many leave for many reasons.
Many stay for many reasons.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Marky Mark

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 01:20:13 PM »

Also, let us not give the current members a false sense in thinking that those who are no longer with us are spiritually mature nor the ones who are still among us.

Antaiwan
All so very true Antaiwan. If any one of us is to reach Spiritual maturity,it will only be because of Gods will,it is not of something that we ourselves can bring about.

Peace...Mark

ez2u

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 10:35:35 PM »

okay  what happen to me  i still  here   peggy

gmik

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 12:14:06 AM »

:) :)  Hey Peggy!!!  Good to "see" ya!! You are an ole timer too!!

dogcombat

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 08:46:53 AM »

Thanks Samson

God Be With You
Ches

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »

Antaiwan
All so very true Antaiwan. If any one of us is to reach Spiritual maturity,it will only be because of Gods will,it is not of something that we ourselves can bring about.

Peace...Mark

So True Mark!

I do miss Joe. It would have been nice to stay in contact with him

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.