bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sin of omission (Judas and Christ)  (Read 7165 times)

Dawidos

Sin of omission (Judas and Christ)
« on: November 02, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »

I realised how illogical and blasphemous Christian doctrines are. My statement is based on Judas Iscariot example. Probably many of you heard about the sin of omission present in Catholic teaching. If not, you can read about it at this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omission).

The Roman Catholic Church believes that

a) a man has free will
b) a man is responsible for his actions
c) a wicked man is send to Hell

In short, Judas was sent to Hell and is damned forever because by his own free will he has decided to betray Jesus Christ, so he has commited the worst kind of sin you could imagine.

In the Scriptures (a few translations are below) we read

New International Version
As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him. "What you are about to do, do quickly," Jesus told him.

New Living Translation
When Judas had eaten the bread, Satan entered into him. Then Jesus told him, "Hurry and do what you're going to do.

English Standard Version
Then after he had taken the morsel, Satan entered into him. Jesus said to him, “What you are going to do, do quickly.

New American Standard Bible
After the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Therefore Jesus said to him, "What you do, do quickly.

International Standard Version
After he had taken the piece of bread, Satan entered him. Then Jesus said to him, "Do quickly what you are going to do!

King James Bible
And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

English Revised Version
And after the sop, then entered Satan into him. Jesus therefore saith unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

If Catholic teaching is true, then sorry but our Lord Jesus Christ is a sinner! He is guilty of sin of omission. He should have behaved like a true saviour, tried to reason Judas, cast Satan out of him etc. He allowed this man to sin, to be damned forever, to lost chance of salvation. He should have done everything to stop him , because he could and ought to do it.

Thank God that we know it was God's will all along, that Judas was an important part of His plan and that Jesus knew his father meant all evil (including Judas betrayal) unto good - I love how LRS explained that by Joseph's story :) :)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:14:34 PM by Dawidos »

mharrell08

Re: Sin of omission (Judas and Christ)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 03:04:38 PM »

Every church doctrine contradicts the Scriptures, just like the example you use.

When shown these contradictions, they think it is an attack on their faith and that's why they become so defensive. What religion has done to our sanity....

grapehound

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 03:47:13 PM »

Amen Marques.

David, thank you for that.
A nugget of a contradiction.

Grape

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »

Great point, David. Yet another piece of evidence to add to the mountain of evidence already discovered here against the teachings of Babylon. Thanks for sharing.

Christopher  8)

jingle52

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 09:25:23 AM »

Yes, great point indeed Davidos, I always felt a bit uneasy when reading that passage, something just didn't feel right about it... and as you pointed out, God chose Judas to fulfill the Scriptures and Jesus did not rebuke him but only told him to hurry and do what he must - and he is just ostracised by the church....

God's Blessings

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:23:51 AM »

You have understood well and discerned the deception accurately Dawidos! :)

Blessings brother
Arc

onelovedread

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »

I thank God that He did not choose me for Judas's role! But I do recognize the importance of that role, as it was a big part in the process of man's redemption by the shed blood of Jesus, as you stated, Dawidos.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 10:04:45 PM »

Thank God that we know it was God's will all along, that Judas was an important part of His plan and that Jesus knew his father meant all evil (including Judas betrayal) unto good - I love how LRS explained that by Joseph's story :) :)

Hi David,

Nice summary and a good reminder of these marvelous truths. :)

René

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 03:21:53 AM »

Hi David, read something once a long time ago and thought you might find it interesting. True, the Catholic Church teaches separation from God in the afterlife due to a person's willfulness but they also leave room for God's doing.
Number 1058 in the new Catholic Catechism it states,
"The church prays that no one should be lost: "Lord, let me never be parted from you." If it is true that no one can save himself, it is also true that God "desires all men to be saved" (1 Tim 2:4) and that for Him "all things are possible" (mt 19:26)"
Wasn't that nice of them???  judy

Dawidos

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 11:05:54 AM »

Thank you all for responses. This contradiction just came up to my mind one day. I'd like to confess that there is no single day I don't think about God. I've become addicted to thinking over spiritual matters. Because of that I'm sometimes able to deduce something wise, even in my dumb head :D :D.

Judy, from my point of view, the catholic church (in Poland) doesn't speak often about Hell. They are talking more about the positives sides of Christianity. I remember that even John Paul II has written in one of his encyclicals that you can't deny God's ability to save all people, because with God and his mercy everything is possible.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 10:23:06 AM »

It always seemed to me that Jesus was speaking more to Satan, than Judas.

So much for free will..

daywalker

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 04:10:59 PM »

It always seemed to me that Jesus was speaking more to Satan, than Judas.

So much for free will..

I always thought the same thing...

waarheid77

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 06:32:06 AM »

David,
  I debated for 2 days about this as it gets off subject. Since following the link and going to an offsite one from there I found this because of you post so only fitting to let you know that it was your guidance that let me see this. So I thank you Brother.

David,
I want to thank you for this post. I do not know how to put into words how much I appreciate this. I am one of the ones that this was put here for. Today I clicked the unread post and it lead me on a tour. I reread the omission article and then went to the catholic encyclopedia. On the new advent website I found something that showed me something so amazing. An article entitled: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/a-dogma-turns-60-today/   
                                      A Dogma Turns 60 Today.                                                                                                  “By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and by our own authority, we pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.” — Pope Pius XII On November 1, 1950, crowds from the world over thronged St. Peter’s Square in Rome to hear Pope Pius XII give the Church its most recently proclaimed dogma: the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Also in the article: The Holy Year concludes with another huge event: the proclamation of the dogma of the Assumption. Today, it is still the most recent dogma proclaimed by the Church. There is something slightly troubling in this Marian devotion. Mediatrix of a God who is very far off, the Madonna seems like our last refuge before what is inevitable explodes, before some tragic secret assails humanity.                                                     The narration’s last paragraph is only correct, of course, in the sense of Revelation 12, in which the “great sign” which appears in the sky, “a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars,” suffers the wrath of the dragon’s persecution … and eventually is victorious when the huge dragon is thrown down to earth thanks to the intervention of God and Saint Michael.
Graham Greene gives us a sense of what those times were like and what the dogma meant to those who welcomed it, writing in Life magazine in 1950                                             An excerpt:                                                                                                               This would be no argument, of course, for proclaiming a novel belief, but a dogma is only a definition of an old belief. It restricts the area of truth at the expense of legend or heresy, and the greatest definitions of the Church, accepted alike by Protestants and Catholics — the nature of Christ, the doctrine of the Trinity — were definitions drawn up to exclude heresies within the Church itself.
Some comments are:
Posted by jayxxxx on Monday, Nov 1, 2010 5:29 PM (EDT):                                                 Wonderful, Mary is indeed the Queen of Heaven. It is noteworthy that in 1847 at the petition of the USCCB Pope Pius IX named Mary patroness of the United States under the title of the Immaculate Conception….Dogma’s are a wonderful thing and cannot be questioned if you are a CATHOLIC.                                                                                                     Posted by Barxxxx on Thursday, Nov 4, 2010 10:06 PM (EDT):You’re Jesus Christ, you love your mother. So what do you do - leave her in a grubby, nasty grave when you can bring her up to be with you in heaven? Seems like something a nice Jewish boy would do, don’t you think? It seems like one of the easiest dogmas to believe.
Posted by BOxxxx on Wednesday, Nov 10, 2010 8:47 PM (EDT):  Why is Revelation 12 so difficult?  Who but the Apostle John, to whose care Jesus entrusted Mary from the cross, is better qualified to give us this vision of Mary in heaven, crowned as the queen mother?

With Ray's teachings, I have learned the churches use-context, context, context-literal, literal, literal to explain and interpret scripture.  This is completely wrong and leads to misinterpretation and false beliefs and a mountain of confusion. Some of the physical aspects that they can see helps to further cloud the mind. Along with Mary and the trinity ranks church era dogma.
dogma n/ 1: a tenet or code of tenets 2: A doctrine or body of doctrines formally claimed by a church.
dogmatism n/ A positiveness in stating matters of opinion esp. when unwarranted or arrogant

In Joseph Campbell's Mythology series the queen of heaven, and the trinity go back to Babel and is simply re-interpreted to fit the church's modern paradigm.
The Catholic church knows it is the woman in Rev. 12, but think falsely that they will be victorious.
It is fascinating how the Catholic church from their literal and physical interpretations of the Bible can see things about themselves but cannot understand that their virgin is really the whore.
Look at where they came from and look at what God says and it proves that.
Isaiah 14:24 (NKJV)
24     The LORD of hosts has sworn, saying“Surely, as I have thought, so it shall come to pass,  And as I have purposed, so it shall ystand:
Ezekiel 12:25 (NKJV)
25 For I am the LORD. I speak, and xthe word which I speak will come to pass; it will no more be postponed; for in your days, O rebellious house, I will say the word and perform it,” says the Lord GOD.
Everything that is happening in the evolution of the churches is exactly what God intended it to be.
Thank you brother,
Ken

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 07:41:12 AM »

the Catholic church from their literal and physical interpretations of the Bible can see things about themselves but cannot understand that their virgin is really the whore.

Very well spotted Ken. God has a Plan and Purpose, for their blindness, as we know.

They can not help themselves....what an exquisite blessing we have from God that we can rest in His Mercy to know, that in the end, all will be included in the Harvest.

Blessings brother
Arc
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:44:00 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.