bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parallel from Genesis  (Read 4103 times)

grapehound

Parallel from Genesis
« on: November 02, 2010, 07:15:41 PM »

I just finished listening to Ray's teaching from February 2008 for the umpteenth time on the Creation verses of Genesis.
It hadn't occurred to me before, but y'know when something just hits you?

Forgive me if you've heard this before.

Ray is talking about God creating the Earth and then, by command, the Earth producing the grass, (the 'green').  
Then the "sprouting" of the trees and then, by command, the trees producing the fruit.

It just struck me as awesome, that as early, in the text's of scripture, as Genesis, that God is revealing the future condition of man.

That He created man, then by command, man produces his fruit. First children (the physical), then, at the other end of History, the spiritual man, the fruits of the Spirit (the spiritual)

Not all trees bear fruit; as we understand 'fruit'.
So not all men bear fruit; either children or Fruits of the Spirit.

But ALL is subject to His command!

It's like, although God creates each 'thing'; By His following command some things bear very little or nothing, while some bear an abundance of or, (by man's measure), too much!
But all of this production of 'fruit', physical or spiritual, is by command!

I know this sound's childishly simplistic, but I overlooked this facet of these verses so many times!  ::)

I just find it amazing that this parallel is alluded to as early as Genesis 1 !!
God certainly doesn't waste time!

I remember Ray's teaching on the whole of scripture being a parable in one form or another; and it's entirely about God's choice.!

It makes it easier for me to accept my weaknesses and deficits, at this moment in my life, as commanded of God!  And if He has commanded that at some other part of my life, that there will be an increase or even a decrease, that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it!

I now appreciate more the, "fear and trembling" that we work with; but paradoxically,
what incredible serenity there is in understanding that we do not have 'free will'. !!!

"But who would believe our report?"

http://bible-truths.com/audio/BibleStudy11-02-08Pt01.mp3

Grape

jingle52

Re: Parallel from Genesis
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:19:57 AM »

Grape, thanks for this comparison, and as for the parables….. … :-\  I never also knew what types were too until coming to BT.
For me, it’s a continuous growing and learning  process and it always astounds me how God works in brothers and sisters in this forum! 8)

I'm still trying to curb my anger when certain situations arise in my household, and I pray daily for this deficit in the fruits of the Spirit that I am to embrace and show to others. The road is long and hard....

God's Blessings

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:28:33 AM »

Dearest sister jingle52

I can profoundly empathize with your struggle.

Blessings and love to you Beloved sister. x

Grape,

Yes,  something can be heard for umpteen times,  and yet still  not be understood or grasped no matter how many times it is heard!  How many times have the Parables of Jesus been read over the last two thousand years within the Monoliths of Christendom? Your beautiful shared observation is Bulls eye!

It is like God sending electricity. If there is no response the body is insulated into a paralyzed, deaf and dumb coma. It is better, kinder and less barbaric to say asleep still! God wakes us all up in remarkable ways! We all have first to sleep. The most soundly asleep, also has to wake up. The soundness of sleep may appear as a sound mind that cannot grasp the ramifications of the Spirit of God making a noise to wake up!

As I read your proclamation God has shared with you, it reveals truly that the future condition of man is within the EARLY texts of His Word. The wake up call is expressed in one singularly Masterful stroke that The God of Genesis speaks His command, “ man produces his fruit!”

So as not to fall back as they do in Babylon, the expounding meaning is as heralded.

First children (the physical), then, at the other end of History, the spiritual man, the fruits of the Spirit (the spiritual)

What shines out for me is that because fruit is by God's command...the production of fruit is then through obedience.  Worship is produced when the fruit is in accord to what God loves. There are indeed many kinds of fruit bearing plants that bear both sweet edible fruit and those others that bear nasty prickly thistles.

Yes,  God doesn't waste time! What a thirst quenching and refreshing belief OF Faith!

That we do not have free will, is a awesome surprise gift out of God's Banquet Celebration of Spirit and Truth saturated in Blessing awash in thirst quenching Joy!

Blessings
Arc

Kat

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 12:35:30 PM »

Thanks for sharing Grape. It's always good to see those bits of insight that God gives one when studying these truths. He reveals these hidden truths to each of us, it seems when we least expect it, out of the blue the light shines on something we had not noticed before. This place is a great blessing to those of us here to have each other to study with. Great to see God working to teach us this truth.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.