bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The great sperm race!  (Read 5680 times)

jingle52

The great sperm race!
« on: November 05, 2010, 09:52:02 AM »

I was just reading Alex’s and Grape’s testimony (Thank you both for sharing) and all the other testimonies brought forth on this forum over the years and got to thinking:
Of our life’s journey, starting from the very minuscule sperm we started out as, to know instinctively to swim towards a goal (the egg) and having to endure all the traps and hardships along the way and seeing many hundreds of fellow sperm brothers and sisters die along the way, or giving in to exhaustion…. To finally be the one to reach the egg safely and then our physical LIFE begins..

I thought that this is a type of our very existence here on earth
– to be chosen to live (as the sperm was chose)
– life’s traps (drinking, drugs) etc.
- hardships (diseases, economical insecurities, family problems) etc.
- then finally, reaching the truths of God’s love and plan and eventually spiritual LIFE with Christ (as the elect or as the fall harvest – but nevertheless – Life in righteousness with our new Spiritual bodies) 

I hope this doesn’t sound silly, but I am humbled by this very thought! See link below (I wonder if anybody saw this on National Geographic?) I saw it a few months ago and it was downright riveting!!

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2010/03/great-sperm-race-most-extreme-race-on.html

God's Blessings

Deborah-Leigh

Re: The great sperm race!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »

Hi Jingle52

An amazing phenomenon  appeared in the sky over Johannesburg South Africa on Monday! It was such an overwhelming sight.  A school teacher was quoted on the front page of our National Newspaper “ Seeing that, how can a person not believe in God? He is the greatest artist of all time.” A huge and very distinct rainbow Halo appeared around the sun. It was so eerie and strange one person was reported as saying, “When I got out of my car and I saw it, I was like is this the end of the world? This was something I had never seen before.”  The photo that appeared the next day in the Newspapers is in the link provided. I think it fits right in with your Thread, symbolic of God being Eternal, His Son (sun) and man with the mind of Christ....

http://www.beeld.com/printArticle.aspx?iframe&aid=7b11cc44-8458-43f3-92dd-366ccdd55651&cid=1928

Blessings
Arc
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:15:04 PM by Arcturus »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:41:52 PM »

I did see it Janine. My adorable husband called me yelling “Run outside, run outside NOW and look up!”

The urgency in his voice was unmistakable. I ran out and did as he said. I was totally inspired by what God had done in our sky. The inside of the circle around the sun was a somber shimmering movement of dark cloud. The rainbow for me symbolic the Eternal God with His Son (sun) at His  Heart Centre.   To see it, and be totally embraced in the sight of such an amazing rare phenomenon, was awesome.

Thanks for asking.

Blessing dear sister
Deb

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 08:57:03 PM »

Arc and jingle, both of those were superb.
Judy

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »

In biology and the spirit

It is the EGG that draws the sperm

Men wrote science and so they tend to think that everything is a bullet rocket or spear....
 ::)

Beloved

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 04:12:07 AM »

Great post Carol!  :)

Arc

jingle52

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 11:35:51 AM »

Hi Janine, yes, you're so right, we are truly special in His sight. "For God thus loved the world"....

Hi Arc, lovely picture -  my neice was also awe-struck and posted a picture on FB and it was really awsome!!!! Thanks for the link (my Afrikaans is rusty to say the least) hehehehe

Arc, I've often wondered what it would be like to see Jesus coming on His cloud of Glory! Now that would indeed be an awsome sight to behold!!!

http//www.allthesky.com/atmospherics - also has some great pictures and explantions on ice chrystal phenomena...

Hi Judy, glad you liked the link, I also thought it was extremely well done!

Hi Beloved, that anomaly is spot on! "No man can come to me unless he is drawn by the Father"

God's Blessings.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 01:33:45 PM »

Arc, I've often wondered what it would be like to see Jesus coming on His cloud of Glory! Now that would indeed be an awsome sight to behold!!!

That's a GREAT thought jingle52!

My thoughts have been on what it is going to be like after WE die and are resurrected.  Jesus Christ appeared to HIS friends and give them assurance. Will we do the same, is a question that has been in my mind lately.

Blessings
Arc

grapehound

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 06:19:52 AM »

Hey Jingle

I hope that sperm analogy isn't too on the money, as only one sperm makes it, the rest die!  ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 08:13:09 AM »

Hey Grape

Only ONE did make it  ;D ~ Jesus Christ ~ The First Fruit.... ;D Us folks are assimilated into the womb of God's making us into the parts of that body being formed aren't we? :-\

Hey where's Dr Carol? She's the Gynaecologist....what's the story Doc? :-\

Remember that womb wobble Carol :) We spoke about it right here in the Forum.. we recognised that the dark of the womb would be broken by the light upon the face of the baby entering out of the dark into the light of another life!!!  Well of course the water had to break unless the birth is performed by Cesarian section!!!!  Hah...in a twinkling of an eye kind of birth without the narrow way crushing skull restricting pressure on the poor child!!!  :)...haven't we all been children! ;D....and still are! ;D

Arc

jingle52

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 06:34:09 AM »

Hey Grape, what a race indeed! Sometimes twins or more are born and then the Potter makes us as he pleases – some to honour and some to dishonour.  :(
I was just amazed at the perilous journey the sperm has to go through before he makes it to that egg! We too have to go through a lot of trials and tribulations…. While we are living our lives we think that it just stretches on and on and the problems never end, when we reach our mature years, we then say, oh my gosh, what happened to my youth, how did the years fly by sooooo quickly???? ???
Our only hope is in our Creator and we on this forum thank Him daily for the gift of Faith through Grace. For leading us here and for His Graciousness in giving Ray His Spirit of discernment… :)

Hi Arc, you know, that has also been on my mind, and the thought is just sooooo grand, that it just makes my knees wobble with fear and awe -  to think of us standing there, and the Lord God judging us righteously - knowing that we deserve all the purging and purifying of our sins. Those to Gehenna Fire and others yet to the Lake of Fire! Purged and purified, that’s what we’ll All be.  ;D

God’s Blessings.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 07:03:06 AM »

Right jingle52.... :)

I think Grape absolutely nailed it!  ;D

One made it and the rest...that's us...have to die! ...That's the good news!  8) Can you imagine living for ever, in the sorry condition we are all in now?  :o :D :) That would be tragic.  ;D ;)

Blessings

Arc

grapehound

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 01:26:50 PM »

Amen sisters!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.