bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i need an explanation  (Read 4558 times)

dre91

i need an explanation
« on: November 07, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »

can anyone explain to me rev 7:1-4,9,10,14

Deborah-Leigh

Re: i need an explanation
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 03:42:22 PM »

Hi dre91

Thank you for your question. That you ask it, shows that God is stirring you up to seek His Truth and to understand His Spirit. 8)

The Scriptures you present are:

Rev 7:1  And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
Rev 7:2  And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3  Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Rev 7:4  And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 7:9  After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10  And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Rev 7:14  And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

You ask for an explanation.

The basis for such an explanation has to come from the application of a principle of understanding  that the Word of God is SYMBOLIC.

So  wind, trees, earth, do NOT mean wind, trees, earth. These words of God have a SPRITUAL meaning and significance. To find the meaning, you have to compare Gods word with His Word as it appears elsewhere in the Scriptures.

Do you have e-sword?

Blessings
Arc

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:33:55 PM »

Questions like these are really open ended especially when you don't give us anything to respond to.
I mean, is there something specific that you don't understand about this section of scriptures?

Also Ray hasn't extended his study of all the symbols in scripture including all of Revelations.
My best advice is to reread all the material on the site and to make sure you have a good grasp of the principles of God's word.
Remember:
Lake of Fire Part1 - http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html
Twelves Truth Paper - http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

Dre,
I know it can be frustrating at times but questions like these can lead to all kinds of opinions, interpretations, and speculations.
Which can be fine if the person doing the speculating didn't think his/her ideas were the end all be all.
Otherwise be more specific, it will help us help you!

Hope this helps
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

dre91

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 07:08:32 PM »

there is nothing 4 me to specify. i just need an explanation.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 06:47:18 AM »

Hi Dre91

There IS AN EXPLAINATION for the verses you have presented! 

No one here can give it to you. It would break the rules!  :D ;D 

The BEST for now, is to confirm that the verses you are needing to be explained, are part of the complete and TOTAL Revelation of Christ.

This might sound simple and obvious yet there is a mystery that Ray points out, “When the Scriptures speak of Israel they speak of Jesus and when they speak of Jesus the speak OF US......."for as Jesus is, so are we, in the world. 1 John 4: 17 Excerpt from Truth number 4 – TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD.

Ray lists the symbols. Here is a sample from that list.

candlesticks           horses          locusts            beasts           birds
animals                 dragons         heads             horns             teeth
tails                      eyes            mouths            wings             hair
feet                      hands          foreheads         odours            books
gold                      seals           crowns             names            cities
nations                  kings           tongues           Nicolaitans       Antipas
Armageddon           Balaam         Balak              Abaddon          Apollyon

And even heaven and earth are used as symbols in this great book of symbols.
Ref : LOF 1

Symbols make up OUR Spiritual Anatomy.    8) ;D 

Ray expounds that : “We are to have at least a second witness to establish a Scriptural truth or doctrine.” Truth number 6 from TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD.

The purpose for comparing spiritual with spiritual is to FIND a spiritual match. There is A SPIRITUAL MATCH FOR EVERY SYMBOL IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION. This is a powerful truth that will OPEN THE WHOLE BIBLE to us.
(Caps mine for emphasis)

It behooves us all to know what we're made of!  8)

Your question dre91, gives direction and is not without merit.

No question is stupid or useless....Every question has an answer. :)

Blessings
Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.