bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Journey Here pt1  (Read 3683 times)

waarheid77

Journey Here pt1
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:50:19 AM »

This is the start of my journey 1970-1980

When I was 15 I decided to leave home(not) so on June 15, 1970 I put a few things in a bag and left.     A short time later they realized I was gone and called the police. The police found out I had bought a bus ticket at Greyhound. The bus I got on had a two hr. delay in Atlanta. They called the Atlanta police and they went to the Greyhound station. They reported back that I had never arrived there as no one had seen me. Hidden by God, will explain later. When I got to the Greyhound station in Spartanburg I called my aunt. She told me she would be there in 10 min.
  She picked me up and then headed for home. Toward the end of summer one morning she told me that next Saturday we are going to Ga., my heart sank. Then said you have 2 hrs to get what you want and get in the truck because we are coming home. You would have no idea of the joy I had at hearing this.
  A lot of things had gone on that I was not aware of. My aunt and uncle had gone to a lawyer and had him draw up papers to give them guardianship of me. They were sent to Ga. , and told them to sign them. They had my school records transferred. And so I was no longer under the cruelty that I had received as a result of their church that was lead by a man claiming to be an apostle and the end-time Elijah. (We all know who that is, no explanation needed).
  I would see them every once in a while when they visited my aunt and uncle. My youngest brother was1-1/2 yrs old when I left. There were 7 boys and 1 girl. I was #2 one being older. I was shown contempt by all but one. he was the only brother I had. He died in 2004 so as far as I am concerned I have no brothers or sisters now. He was shown contempt also.
  Now to make one thing clear it was not my dad that was the problem it was the woman in Ga. I do not call her my mother and have not for a good while. When they came to visit I would talk to him. We would walk around outside and I talked to him. It hurt him that i left, but I know he understood.
The last time I saw him was in February 1980 he died May 1980. I talked to him for 2 hrs before he realized who I was. I am going to cut this off here and will resume it in part2. Starting 1980.
I almost forgot hidden by God.
Left Marietta on the Greyhound the driver told me he did not want me to be in that station for 2 hrs. as it was dangerous. He said when we get to Atlanta stand by the bus and I will turn in my paperwork and take you to Trailways and trade your ticket in with them. We walked to Trailways and  he walked up to the driver and talked to him and gave him my ticket. He told me to sit behind the driver. No one saw us and no one but the two drivers know it was a GH ticket. So we went up the road on his peddle run and at the stops he and I set off the packages and put on the ones to take. When we got to Spartanburg he went to the Greyhound station pulled around back and let me off. He pulled out and i walked around the building and went inside to the payphone. Called my aunt.
Ken
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:57:06 AM by waarheid77 »

Kat

Re: Journey Here pt1
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 11:13:08 AM »

Well Ken, you did arouse some intrigue with the first part of your story. It does sound like you had a hard time of it before you got to your aunt's. Yes God has directed each of our path's, as you were to reach them for safety and those police were not meant to find you. Am interested to here the rest of the story.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 01:10:12 PM »

Hello Ken  :)

You have a beautiful testimony!

To leave the mother who represents Harlot Babylon. The pain to recognize you have to leave and the young courage to do so is God given!

The way God hid you is exquisite! The guardianship that was all the while, being arranged over you, is enthralling.

I particularly love how you relate that you have no sisters and brothers among them who despised you and your dearest younger brother,  could symbolize our Beloved Lord Jesus Christ.

That your school records were transferred as you were removed from the cruelty you had suffered and that you talked to your father for two hours before he realized who you were is so riveting and sorely movingly real.

Thank you for sharing this intimate experience of your life with us.

Your sister in Christ
Deborah

jingle52

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 08:31:10 AM »

Thanks for sharing this painful experience with us Ken,
I personally find it incomprehensible and unnecessary to be cruel and spiteful to children, firm when needful, but cruel no! I think you had to grow up pretty quickly and become and adult before the time due to your situation. I know (know) that it is All of God...

God's Blessings.

santikos

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »

cannot wait to read part 2,
Dont "freddy kruger and jason" us by having 15 parts, (is that how many parts they are up to now?) ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.