bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12 Truths to Understanding God's Word (Parts 4-6)  (Read 4370 times)

mharrell08

12 Truths to Understanding God's Word (Parts 4-6)
« on: November 08, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »

Continuing from Parts 1-3:

12 Truths to Understanding God's Word

#4 'Jesus Christ is the Fulfillment of the Holy Scriptures'

[A] "Inasmuch as ye [all you] have done it unto one of the least of these My BRETHREN, ye have done it unto ME… Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these [My brethren], ye did it not to ME" (Matt. 25:40b & 45b).

[ B ] "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the Scriptures the things concerning HIMSELF" (Luke 24:27).

[C] "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to FULFILL" (Matt. 5:17).

[D] "I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took Me not: but the Scriptures MUST BE FULFILLED" (mark 14:49).

[E] "After this, Jesus knowing that ALL THINGS were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be FULFILLED, said, I thirst" (John 19:28).

[F] "Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into DEATH: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so WE also should walk in newness of life… I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ LIVES IN ME: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Rom. 6:4 & Gal. 2:20).

[G] "Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted Me, they will persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also… Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He [Jesus] IS, SO ARE WE IN THE WORLD…" (John 15:20 & I John 4:17).

Excerpts from Ray in this section: "When the Scriptures speak of Israel they speak of Jesus, and when they speak of Jesus they speak of us, for "…as Jesus is, so are we in the world" (I John 4:17).

We are all in Adam. We do all that Adam did. We believe in the Spirit what Israel lived in the flesh. All Israel was baptized in the Red Sea. We are all baptized into Christ’s death. And now the last Adam (Christ) lives His life in us (Gal. 2:20), but not until we repent of the first Adam of the flesh living his life in us."

This goes back to the Scriptures being a parable. Jesus Christ is the spiritual fulfillment of everything the Scriptures teach us. Everything the nation of Israel strived to be and accomplish is found in Jesus Christ. We are to be like Christ, by spiritually fulfilling what Israel sought in the flesh.

#5 'The Words of our Lord are Spirit'

[A] "It is the spirit that quickens [gives life]; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are life" (John 6:63).

[ B ] "But this spoke He of the SPIRIT…" (John 7:39).

[C] "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the SPIRIT which IS the word of God" ( Eph. 6:17).

Excerpt from Ray in this section: "Everything from Genesis to Revelation pertains to a higher SPIRITUAL meaning than the physical examples, parables, metaphors, allegories, stories and symbols in which they are written. "Let us make man in Our Image" (Gen. 1:26) are words of SPIRIT: "…Surely I come quickly…" (Rev. 22:20) are words of SPIRIT. God does not look like a six-foot man or a five-foot woman. Jesus comes quickly to us, not to the world."

As Ray teaches, the spiritual meaning or teaching is of vast more importance that the actual parable, metaphor, symbolism, etc. used. The Book of Revelation teaches the 'Unveiling of Jesus Christ' through much symbolism and/or metaphors. While religious hobbyists will debate these symbols until the end of time, the true meaning is not in doubt: Christ in You, the hope of glory [Col 1:27].

#6 'In the mouths of Two or Three Witnesses, every word is established'

[A] "…that in the mouth of TWO OR THREE WITNESSES every word may be established" (Matt. 18:16).

[ B ] "…In the mouth of TWO OR THREE WITNESSES shall every word be established" (II Cor. 13:1).

[C] "And I will give power unto my TWO WITNESSES…" (Rev. 11:3).

Excerpt from Ray in this section: "This particular law of Scripture is constantly violated. We are to have at least a second witness to establish a Scriptural truth or doctrine."

As Ray teaches, the more and more you look into a subject that is true, the more you will find evidence to support it. The same applies to Scriptural doctrine. When true, there will be ample scriptural witnesses to further testify of the fact.

Marques

Samson

Re: 12 Truths to Understanding God's Word (Parts 4-6)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 10:27:59 PM »

Thanks Marques,

Some points appreciated from Your Thread found below and applicable in this Lifetime to God's Chosen Elect.

[F] "Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into DEATH: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so WE also should walk in newness of life… I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ LIVES IN ME: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Rom. 6:4 & Gal. 2:20).

[G] "Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted Me, they will persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also… Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He [Jesus] IS, SO ARE WE IN THE WORLD…" (John 15:20 & I John 4:17).

We are all in Adam. We do all that Adam did. We believe in the Spirit what Israel lived in the flesh. All Israel was baptized in the Red Sea. We are all baptized into Christ’s death. And now the last Adam (Christ) lives His life in us (Gal. 2:20), but not until we repent of the first Adam of the flesh living his life in us."

Also, Your concluding paragraph from Ray regarding the more one searches into a subject, the more evidence one will find.

As Ray teaches, the more and more you look into a subject that is true, the more you will find evidence to support it. The same applies to Scriptural doctrine. When true, there will be ample scriptural witnesses to further testify of the fact.

Thanks for the review, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.