bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flood?  (Read 5602 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Flood?
« on: November 11, 2010, 07:17:38 AM »

Hi Ray,
My name is Basil and I love your work. The Ark rested at 17,000 feet on the mountains of Ararat according
to your Flood Series. Why wouldn't the water be 17,000 feet deep in Egypt? Wouldn't gravity equalize the
depth all over the globe?

Answer ONLY if you can,
Basil

Dear Basil:  I believe that I gave sufficient evidence that the flood could not possibly have covered the
highest mountains of the earth.  Surely they did not cover  Mt. Everest  at 29,000+ feet.  That would
have put the pressure at the surface of the earth at 800 tons per square inch versus 17 pounds of
pressure now witnessed.  The result of such a quantity of water would mean that all life (even including
trees and grass) would totally perish.  Furthermore, it does not specifically say that Mt. Ararat  was
completely covered with water.  Neither does it say that the ark rested on the top of a mountain called
'Ararat."  The phrase:  "the MOUNTAINS were covered" in Gen. 7:20 is translated from the exact
same words translated, "all the HIGH HILLS" in verse 19.  And so it could just as logically be translated
"upon the HILL COUNTRY of Ararat."

And so there doesn't appear to be anything in these chapters of Genesis that require the water to be
17,000 feet deep even at distant Egypt.  Again, it strains credulity to believe that 17,000 feet of moving
water over the great pyramids would not disturb or dismantle the stones. As I have stated:  There are
thousands of proofs that the Flood of Noah's day was regional rather than global.  Hope this helps.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.