bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Hebrew concept of time and "aionios" and "aion"  (Read 5044 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
The Hebrew concept of time and "aionios" and "aion"
« on: December 07, 2010, 07:48:09 PM »

Hello Ray,

I wanted to show you something that rubbed me the wrong way. As I already know, you will not agree with it, and neither do I. But I wanted to get your take on this piece.

http://www.ovrlnd.com/Universalism/aionios.html

Sincerely,
Phillip

Dear Phillip:   In this man's opening comments, he makes these statements:

"Universalists have raised six objections to understanding aionios and aion properly rendered to convey the meaning of the words in English. The first of these is that only the scholarly can understand it. This is fallacious thinking. There is no need to be a scholar to understand the Hebrew concept of time, but having no knowledge precludes any information about special revelation. It is written in the Book of Hosea, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." (Hesea 4:6). As a Christian in the pursuit of maturity, your profession is to gain more knowledge of the Lord and to freely share that knowledge with others. Secondly, if you need to be  A SCHOLAR   to properly understand this, then you are not placing your trust in God, but in people who are most agreeable to your theology."

He next says one should go to a RABBI SCHOLAR to learn the truth of the Old Testament concept of the aions.  Unbelievable, ignorant nonsense. He says that when

"ages of the ages" is speaking of future time, it should always be translated "for ever and ever."  Oh really?  Says WHO?  All of his arguments are false and unsubstantiated.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.