bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we HAVE TO go to Disney World?  (Read 3895 times)

deftarchangel

Do we HAVE TO go to Disney World?
« on: November 13, 2010, 11:47:41 AM »

I guess Disney World just ain't what it used to be.  Now it's Dick's house that is the place to go!   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-owoD-6Jdw    ???

Kids!

:)

Beloved

Re: Do we HAVE TO go to Disney World?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »

This is funny but sad, the boy was being honest. Today's kids are so bombarded with things and activities that they are a bit spoiled . When we were growing there were not that many choices and we were primed by the Mickey Mouse Club. Today kid may not see Disney as that exciting. It appears that the mother was more interestedin taking them there. In addition this house is being run as a democracy. The kids votes appear to constitute the majority. What they want they can get.

By the way I am not typical I did not go to Disney Land until I was 40. I went with friends and their little boy. I still cannot get that "its a small world after all" out of my brain.

I was not that impressed by it. Yes it was big an colorful but even by the high tech rides then did not phase me I am sure they have jazzed them up. However I was amazed by the Bronx Zoo and the live animal.

I think that kids consent to  most things to make their parents happy but are most impressed by things that stimulate their own deep talents and interest...... things they can particpate in themselves like baseball, motor biking dancing etc. All the rest are just distractions because for a lot of kids life becomes boring too easily. They whine about going to school etc but if you leave them alone with there stuff they soon become bored.  

Okay there is a point, today the internet may be a new element because now the distractions are limitless. Okay wait until the electricity goes off.

Okay now I am off for my own 4 minute distraction.
Come along .  What do you think?   Sorry to the dial up folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KajFEjCRWBc&feature=related  

beloved
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:35:37 PM by Beloved »

Beloved

Re: Do we HAVE TO go to Disney World?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 01:39:55 AM »

Instead of "it's a small world afterall' how about 'it's a great big wondrous creation after all

Exactly: And that is the just the physical...add to that the spiritual and it far more than the world can even begin to imagine.

beloved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.