bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sirtake  (Read 5110 times)

Beloved

sirtake
« on: November 14, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »

I had a friend from BT forum visit me and I asked him if he wanted  to go see the Parthenon while he was here in Nashville. he declined.

We have a replica of it that was rebulit after the the Worlds Fair. They then decided to receconstruct the statue of Athena to scale as she was.

http://www.nashville.gov/Parthenon/Athena/index.asp

She one huge statue no wonder it impresssed the people who saw her at that time. The Greeks were pretty sophisticated lot and even the Romans envied styles and copied them to some extent.

Anyway the reason I though about this is that I am having outpatient knee surgery on Thursay and all I am thinking about is the Sirtake. It is so much fun.

Now today the Greek are still "out there dazzling folks" One example is their traditional army dress which are white outfits with puffy sleeves and little skirts and big Pom Poms on their shoes. Never the less they are one tough army when they fight.

Here is a you tube on a good rendition of the Sertaki. Very masculine and coordinated.

The famous movie line is where a guy in a white suit is aking a pretty crazy local   "Teach Me to Dance"  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlNtTMJAQpg&feature=related

I hope you enjoy it and can see the knee connection. All I can say now is owie !!!

beloved

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:47:40 PM by Beloved »

grapehound

Re: sirtake
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 06:41:49 AM »

Thanks for that excellent link Beloved.
Thoroughly enjoyable.

Grape

Kat

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 12:29:58 PM »

Hi Carol,

Loved the link and yes got the connection. I'll pray everything goes well with your surgery.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 03:11:57 PM »

Carol...I will be praying for that knee surgery..when your knees hurt you just can't function up to par!! So here's to a successful surgery!!
Love you!
Kathy ;)

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 03:18:52 PM »

P.S.
Carol...Owie on the knee connection! Dance on, girl!! Soon you will!!!  ;D  They make it look so easy! Ha!!
Kathy ;)

judith collier

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 01:17:52 AM »

Beloved, how I enjoyed that statue in Nashville and then seeing the Greeks dance the sertaki. One of my favorite movies is "Zorba, the Greek" His free spirit and the ability to laugh in the face of destruction will always stay with me.
I named my 2nd daughter, Stephanie (Greek name) because of a childhood friend who was Greek. Would you believe she married a boy from Greece! My son-in-law looks like a Greek god who dances the Sertaki like a lightfooted angel!!!
How God remembers everything we loved and sometimes brings it to us again in life.
I do pray for your successful surgery and swift recovery but most of all His will which i happen to believe is in our very best interests.
Love, judy

jingle52

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 06:33:17 AM »

Beloved I too enjoyed this lovely and graceful Greek dance!  I sincerly hope that your knee surgery goes well as Janine pointed out, hers went off well without any problems. I wish you a swift recovery!! ;D

Judy, Zorba the Greek was one of my favourite movies too, I used to live next to a Cypriot Greek couple and we sometimes invited each other over and exchanged receipes. Mmmm your daughter is very lucky indeed!!! 8)

God's Blessings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.