bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hurting parents  (Read 7458 times)

bmeansdfw

Hurting parents
« on: November 15, 2010, 05:00:23 PM »

Hello everyone,

I know many of you by your screen names.  I have been reading the forum and Ray's teachings for several years now, but I am not much of a poster--mostly a listener.

In spite of my not having direct dialogues with any of you, I feel like I know a great number of you by reading all the many comments, questions and observations over time, and I know and appreciate the heart of truth and love you all have.

I am asking for your prayers as I deal with a severe heroin addiction my 19-year-old son is facing.  My wife and I are becoming literally sick with worry over this problem and feel like our child is standing on the edge of the abyss right now.

I know in my head that God is in control of the situation.  It is my heart that hurts so much it can hardly stand it and wants know why this is happening and what I can do. Our son has such a good heart...he cares more about others than he does about himself. He knows he needs help, but he cannot stop putting himself in situations that turn out badly.

If any of you has a minute and can say a quick prayer for my lost son and his hurting parents, I would appreciate it.  I have gotten so much out of Ray's writings that I hesitate to ask for anything more, but right now this is all I know what to do.

In Him,

B

judith collier

Re: Hurting parents
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »

Dear B, whatever anguish, whatever despair, take it all to God!! Don't just take it with your mind but with all your heart and soul, with your tears, frustrations and seemingly hopelessness. "The heartfelt prayer of a rightious man avails much"
It helps me to visually pray. I picture an enormous X over the culprit whether a person or substance. This helps my faith. Then pray and see all the good you want from God with all humility and truth coming to your son. Focus on the goodness and mercy of God. Do not allow yourself to doubt. Many times God has honored my petitions 
as He will yours. How is another story though.
I would pray for you in this manner but as of now i am fairly sick but I will pray a simple prayer of faith for God to remember you and your son and His Word. "Put Me in remembrance of My Word" says the Lord. I remind God of the great love He put in my heart for Him and my lifelong response to that love. I am no favorite of God as He has none. Love, Judy

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »

I will definitely be praying for you and your son and your wife, as well....my heart goes out to all of you.
Kathy :'(

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »

B, your son is not lost. I don't doubt the suffering, fear and uncertainty. These things with God are not sufficient to thwart either His Plan or His Purpose that is for good and beneficial result that we do not see through the flesh of our human limitations.

Those who are not suffering and who are in self assumed right standing with God....they are lost, dear brother.

I see your son as a special connection to the Mercy of God. God's knowledge and Purpose of where you are in your pain and suffering is not lost on God either for you or your son.

Judy, your prayer and remembrance of the Word of God is beautiful, inspired and of God.

Blessings
Arc

GaryK

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »

Hello everyone,

If any of you has a minute and can say a quick prayer for my lost son and his hurting parents, I would appreciate it.  In Him,

B

Done.

gk

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 08:52:40 PM »

Will certainly pray for him.  Remember the prodigal.  The good news is that every prodigal will find his way home in the fullness of time.  I know you realize that but it certainly doesn't make it any easier during the time being.  About the only carnal advice I can offer is try not to figure out why this is happening to him, it will drive you nuts and there are no answers other than that for some reason this is God's plan for him.  May God be with your family during this time and give to you the peace that passes all understanding.

bmeansdfw

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 09:24:43 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their kind and uplifting words.  I understand that all this is happening for a reason and that His will will ultimately be done.  I have experienced so many times in my life things that didn't make sense until years later, and it then became so obvious that God had his hand on the situation.  I trust that this will be the case with this trial as well.

lauriellen

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 09:54:12 PM »

i will be praying for you and your family. i have gone thru similar circumstances and lost a son. it is very hard as a parent to accept that God is in control of all circumstances & working out His plan for our childrens life even tho it is not what we want for them. . . God has graciously let me keep 2 sons up to this time. i know the hours of worry & heartache & crying out to God for mercy & understanding
in the early morning hours. we never know what Gods plan is for our children, but it does help to know that no matter what happens, they are in Gods hands & His will be done. If they are not a chosen vessel in this life, we have Gods promise that they will be saved thru judgement. this has given me much comfort. one of my favorite verses says it all:

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

i pray that God will be merciful to you and your family & turn your sons heart to do what is right. if that is not His plan, i pray for you the strength to endure.

lauriellen

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 11:49:03 PM »

Hi B,

You and your family are in my prayers as well. 

René

Nan

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 09:55:06 AM »

Dear Yearning,
I will pray for you and your son and family.

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »

B:  my thoughts and prayers are also with you and your family;  isn't it wonderful that even though we can't be with you physically that there are so many with you spiritually with all those hugs of love

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 09:31:55 PM »

Dear B:

Thank you for the opportunity to pray for you and your son. God Bless.

Dean

Joel

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »

I am praying that God will deliver your son from that heroin addiction bondage, and give him peace.

Joel

bmeansdfw

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 10:30:57 PM »

I just wanted to let you all know that my son and I went to get him started in a intensive outpatient addiction recovery program today.  His issue is not that he does not want to quit, but that he continues to put himself in situations and around people that drag him down and he has some medical issues with pain that cause him to feel that drug use is the only way to overcome his discomfort.

Pray that his will remains strong, he follows through on the group sessions, and that he truly believes that he can do it.  He is not very "religious" so he doesn't have his faith to draw on, but we all know that God can speak to him at any time He wishes.

Many thanks again. I have already gotten some of that "peace that passeth understanding" in the last 24 hours.  I thank God for his presence in this situation.

B

iris

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 12:04:26 AM »

My prayers go out for you and your family.

Iris

Linny

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 01:14:25 AM »

Dear B, I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. We love our children so very much. I will pray for his complete recovery and for you and your wife's peace during this time.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 01:33:18 AM »

Many thanks again. I have already gotten some of that "peace that passeth understanding" in the last 24 hours.  I thank God for his presence in this situation.

B

Praise God my friend.  It will be ok, really it will.  As much as you love your son consider how much God loves him!!  I sure don't claim to know why God leads us down some of the paths we find ourselves in but we know that the Father chooses what is ultimately best for us even if in the meantime we have to travel down the valleys of sorrow and tribulation.  Your son is in the palm of God's hand and really is there any better place to be??

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 05:25:07 AM »

Thank you for that good news B. 8)

Arc

PS ~ You are right, God doesn't need religion to be present to us. :)

jingle52

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »

B,
I pray that God will give your son the determination to finish this program and that he'll find other friends that will help him to fight any new temptation in the future. You seem to be a wonderful father!

Judy, I sincerly hope you are feeling a bit better!

Lauriellen, sorry to hear about your son!

God's Blessings

onelovedread

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 05:11:33 PM »

You have my prayers. May God give you strength and comfort as you endure this test.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.