bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a new thread  (Read 6120 times)

lostANDfound

a new thread
« on: November 16, 2010, 11:02:46 AM »

i'm supposed to start a new thread for new thought, so here we go.  i've been feeling overwhelmed by the weight of the mysteries of the gospel lately.  and wondering how could it be possible for God to take take this proud self-serving carnal person and turn me into someone worthy to be called his daughter.  as much as i read and my eyes are opened and i see the fatal flaws in my thinking, i struggle with really internalizing the truths of God.  intellectually i know i can't take credit for a single "good" thing i do, yet the worldly claws of "be proud of yourself" have a way of snatching at me still. even though i can see how far i've come, when i look ahead there's just so much farther to go.

i read today in rays- how hard it getting saved?

God works in increments, He wipes out some of the trees and then He burns some of the grass… what is the trees and the grass?  These are all things in us. We have islands, and mountains, and trees, and grass. All of these are belief systems and ideas and doctrines and philosophies of life and all these things. And they are all going to be burned out and broken down and destroyed. All of those seven seals, seven trumpets, seven plagues, they are all things that must happen in our lives.

the increments part is the most encouraging to me.  i have hope that even though God has not burnt all the trees down yet, he's able.  i am his workmanship, not my own workmanship.

mharrell08

Re: a new thread
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:24:15 AM »

i'm supposed to start a new thread for new thought, so here we go.  i've been feeling overwhelmed by the weight of the mysteries of the gospel lately.  and wondering how could it be possible for God to take take this proud self-serving carnal person and turn me into someone worthy to be called his daughter.  as much as i read and my eyes are opened and i see the fatal flaws in my thinking, i struggle with really internalizing the truths of God.  intellectually i know i can't take credit for a single "good" thing i do, yet the worldly claws of "be proud of yourself" have a way of snatching at me still. even though i can see how far i've come, when i look ahead there's just so much farther to go.

i read today in rays- how hard it getting saved?

God works in increments, He wipes out some of the trees and then He burns some of the grass… what is the trees and the grass?  These are all things in us. We have islands, and mountains, and trees, and grass. All of these are belief systems and ideas and doctrines and philosophies of life and all these things. And they are all going to be burned out and broken down and destroyed. All of those seven seals, seven trumpets, seven plagues, they are all things that must happen in our lives.

the increments part is the most encouraging to me.  i have hope that even though God has not burnt all the trees down yet, he's able.  i am his workmanship, not my own workmanship.

That's sound thinking L&F. Obtaining salvation is so hard because it such a dramatic change...from carnal to righteous.

It's why God uses such powerful metaphors as DYING to self, MORTIFYING the deeds of the body, being judged by FIRE. When taken literally, these words are used in very extreme circumstances. And as so in our spiritual development, it is an extreme change that God is doing in us. I don't think any of us could take it all at once...it's why God works in increments.

Good topic L&F,

Marques

Samson

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:41:02 AM »

Hi Lost and Found,

In regards to "being overly proud," One thing that helped me is the comment Ray made that by the Grace of God we can be thankful that We are not a Murderer, Child Molester, Adolph Hitler, Mussolini or a Hypocritical Religious leader. Even in areas where we have a talent or ability, We should always ask ourselves the question: " What is the source of this ability or even a success ? Some might say it's the ideal environment, good genetics and support from Family and peers, but the real source is God who causes everything to be what it is. The CAUSES are set in motion that lead to the choices and the eventual realities that become Our lives, that includes an understanding of these Truths. I've discussed these Truths with interested ones from outside the Forum who respond that they like what there hearing and believe it all makes good sense, but are unable to whole heartedly embrace these Truths at this time due to a number of CAUSES. Apparently God isn't ready for them to do so. I can't speak for everyone, but I do know that every time I'm proud about something I did, usually shortly afterwards I receive a Humbling. "Let He or She who thinks that they are standing beware that they do not fall;" And "Pride is before a crash and a Haughty spirit is before a stumbling." These thoughts surface in my Mind prior to thinking I'm someone special in regards to My understanding or any ability for that matter.

Some excerpts of Ray's Repentance Guilty of All paper(It helps in maintaining Humility) Read Below

The only reason we haven’t literally molested little children and cut their head off, is because GOD PREVENTS IT! One scripture says God frames evil, you know what it is when you put a frame around something, you know frame it.  He frames evil, so it won’t go totally out of control.  What appears to be out of control today in the world, is actually framed.  God knows how far it’s going.  Nothing is out of control.

So don’t take credit for the fact that you didn’t molest children and kill them.  You weren’t lead down that evil alley, you weren’t born into the family that would cause you to go down that alley.  You weren’t always frustrated to the point where you were just hell bent on just doing some evil, foul thing like that.  God prevented it.

God makes vessels of honor and dishonor.  He makes vessels of dishonor and then has mercy on the other vessels.  Some He hardens and some He has mercy on.  He has had mercy on everybody in this room.  If you have never killed anybody or molested children or done any of these horrendous things.  He has great mercy on your life.  Now we need to be thankful for that and not assume we don’t have very much to repent of.  We have to repent of what?  "O man," that’s what we have to repent of.

Whatever "O man" is.  That’s what we are, because "O man" is Adam.  "O man" came out of Adam.  Where did you come from, some place else?  We’re all out of Adam.  And what does Adam do?  "Being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters" and on and on.  Wow, this is "O man" out of Adam.  This is what he does and only by the grace of God, some of us didn’t have to go that route.

Some of the above quotes have helped me with pride.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:56:05 AM »

Mal 4:1  For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Jer 50:32  And the most proud shall stumble and fall, and none shall raise him up: and I will kindle a fire in his cities, and it shall devour all round about him.

Isa 13:11  And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible

Pro 16:19  Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Pro 28:25  He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.

1Pe 5:5  Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Peace...Mark

Kat

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »

Hi LostANDfound,

Oh I can certainly relate to how you are thinking. I feel very unworthy, nothing to offer but carnal. But then I do realize that is how we need to feel. I reflect on this Scripture to gain perspective.

1Co 1:27  But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
v. 28  and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
v. 29  that no flesh should glory in His presence.

Oh okay that explains a lot to me. But yet this is just the starting point with the chosen, because He is transforming those into His image, in increments. Yes He is whittling away the chaff, little by little. We may not be able to imagine what we will become, but as you were saying, "i can see how far i've come..."

Most importantly is as you acknowledge "i am his workmanship, not my own workmanship."

John 3:30  He must increase, but I must decrease.

It is not up to me or you or anybody else to get ourselves right, no this is the work He is doing in us. How wonderful to have this hope, to know it is not up to us. Again more Scripture to ponder.

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
v. 29  For whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be the First-born among many brothers.

Rom 8:36  As it is written, "For Your sake we are killed all the day long. We are counted as sheep of slaughter."
v. 37  But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us.
v. 38  For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
v. 39  nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 02:44:55 PM »

Yep.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Joel

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 10:27:58 PM »

Matthew 26:41
Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you. For the spirit indeed is willing, but how weak the flesh is!"
Jesus took Peter, James, and John with him to pray that night in the garden, but they couldn't even stay awake one hour. We can't do anything without God, but we can do anything with Him, in the Spirit.
God showed us how weak they where, but I must also see what they did afterwards while being used of Him in the power of the Spirit of God.
Three pillars in the house of God!

Joel

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 05:29:02 AM »

Excellent observation of how God works Joel! 8)

Blessings brother
Arc

lostANDfound

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 10:54:18 PM »

thanks, very much.  so so thankful for the wisdom shared here.

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 02:27:47 AM »

Hey lostandfound,
Be thankful for verses like these too!

2Co 8:6  Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.

Rom 9:28  For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

Php 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

One of the best things I learned from Ray is that Jesus finishes what he starts!
Find peace in that!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

lostANDfound

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 10:15:49 AM »

thank-you thank-you thank-you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.