bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hands and Feet  (Read 6649 times)

Felix

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Hands and Feet
« on: November 17, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »

Hello Everyone

I have heard this in a couple of temporary christian songs. Within the song they will sing "we are Gods
hands and feet". I have never seen this in the bible. Am I missing something? I don't think that God
needs us for anything, particularly our hands and feet.

Also, I was watching TV last night and someone was quoating Charles Spurgeon as saying something
like this: If need be, I will even die for the Lord. Well, why would God need anyone to die for Him? He
died for us, right? How is it that such a famous bible educated preacher would think that God could
possibly need him for anything?

I believe that many christians think that their wittnessing plus God is what saves someone. But, I
don't think that God needs anyone. Am I on the right track?

Felix

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Hands and Feet
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 06:58:09 PM »

Hi Felix.  Scripture does describe 'us' as the body of Christ, and as various 'parts' like hands and feet knit together with Christ as the Head.  So there is some truth to that statement.

It's really not worth debating whether or not a sovereign God could use some other means to do 'work' in this world.  Of course He could.  But we know from scripture that He uses things like the 'foolishness of preaching', and:

Rom 10:13-16  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?  And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!  But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

He also uses ministers of satan (who have not obeyed the gospel) like Dr. Spurgeon to blind the church so that it can be said "who hath believed our report?"

It's not the messenger, that's for sure.  It's the message.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:18:25 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 03:47:17 AM »

Hi Felix

Yes, I think you are on the right path to understanding God.

God desires children.

That word NEED is like the word ALLOW. God doesn’t allow, God CAUSES. God doesn’t NEED, God desires!

Blessings
Arc

Felix

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 02:17:37 PM »

Hi Dave
Thank you for your reply and advise. I had not thought of Christ being the head and we are the body.
Yes, we are the body and the body includes hands and feet. But, when I hear these songs it sounds
like God can't do some things without us. I know that all power and ability come from God.
On another subject, you were the first one to tell me to get out of Babylon. I have and it's wonderful.

Hi Arc
Thank you for the encouragement. I like what you said, that the word should be desire instead of
need. God desires to have children who obey, serve, and love Him. God will accomplish all of His
desires.

Felix

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 02:37:22 PM »

Felix,

I appreciate all that has been said by others in this thread.
God certainly wants and God desires to have children who obey, serve, and love Him.

But even more thrilling is the idea that The Creator God who has made everything and who
has all power and authority in the heaven and in the earth wants to share all that He has made with others.
He has devised a plan to carry out His desire to share ALL of His own attributes with us His little ones.
That is the description of a perfect Father that I try to focus upon.
Our inheritance is to share a responsible part of the operation of the Universe and in the lives of all of our brethren.
One family sharing creativity, love and joy forever.
Bob

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 05:16:49 PM »

No doubt it sounds that way...because that's almost certainly what they mean.   :D 

Poor, pitiful, needy god.  Thwarted by satan and the powerful will of man at every turn, but will eke out a slim moral victory in the end.  Who demands our freely given unadulterated love or he'll torture us forever.  Because he loves us.  And he needs our money.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 07:56:48 PM »

Hi Arc
Thank you for the encouragement. I like what you said, that the word should be desire instead of
need. God desires to have children who obey, serve, and love Him. God will accomplish all of His
desires.

Felix

I rejoice that our Lord reminds our hearts that He WILL accomplish ALL of His desires! I appreciate seeing that again, and being reminded! 8)

Blessings brother

Arc

Ricky

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »

Hi, i have a short question, is it possible to do these things, serve, obey, and even love God without believing the truth ? about Him.
               Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 05:16:05 AM »

Ricky, sure can but leaves weird responses when they are questioned!!!!

Kat

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 11:17:15 AM »

Hi Ricky,

is it possible to do these things, serve, obey, and even love God without believing the truth ? about Him.

We are all carnal through and through until we receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to obey and serve God and bare the fruit of the Spirit. I believe that the Truth is the foundation that all believers must stand on.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-B.html ----------

"And we are His witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to them that OBEY Him" (Acts 5:32).

And so Romans 8:7 teaches us that we can’t obey God without His Spirit, and Acts 5:32 teaches us that God only gives His Spirit to those who do obey Him.
v

Man’s will is not free. Man has a will, but it is not free from the causes that make it do what it does.
v

Remember in Part A I showed you that it all starts in the HEART and mind, not in the will. Just start adding up all the Scriptural truths that we have learned and this whole thing of human will becomes very simple to understand.

"For from within, out of the HEART of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man" (Mark 7:21-23).

The HEART is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked [Hebrew: ‘exceeding weak’] who can know it" (Jer. 17:9).

"Because the carnal mind is enmity [hatred] against God: for it is NOT subject to the law of God, neither indeed CAN BE [neither is it ABLE]" (Rom. 8:7).

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? Then may ye also do good, that are accustomed [carnal-minded from our birth, as the nation of Israel was] to do evil" (Jer. 13:23).

"For it is God which works in you both TO WILL and TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

"In Whom also we have OBTAINED an inheritance, being PREDESTINATED according to the PURPOSE of Him Who works ALL THINGS after the counsel of HIS OWN WILL" (Eph. 1:11).

There are FIVE "causes" listed in just this one sentence.

"For we are HIS WORKMANSHIP, [this is the cause an force behind our Christian walk. We are ‘His workmanship’ in action, not some presumed freedom of the will in action] created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has BEFORE ORDAINED that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:10).

Etc., etc.
--------------------------------------------------------

Mat 11:27  All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Until the Holy Spirit comes in we do not even know God, much less love Him.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 12:03:43 PM »

Hi Ricky

Jesus tells us, that hypocrites, "draw nigh" to Him. :o

Mat 15:7  Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8  This people
(the hypocrites) draweth nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honoureth Me with their lips; but THEIR HEART is far from Me.
Mat 15:9  But IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Thank you for your question.

Blessings
Arc

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 06:21:12 PM »

Hi, i have a short question, is it possible to do these things, serve, obey, and even love God without believing the truth ? about Him.
               Ricky

Just read this.....
from 2009 Nashville Conference
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11521.0.html

John 4:21  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe Me, the hour cometh, when you shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
v. 22  You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
v. 23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship Him.
v. 24  God is a (‘a’ is not in the Greek) Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

Not that you can, but you “MUST worship Him in spirit and in truth.” Not that you can or can’t, you “must.” We must worship “in spirit and in truth.”  There’s the answer as to how, when and where we are to WORSHIP God.

When Israel was condemned for idolatry, they didn’t worship “in truth.” Those statures and stuff that they bow down to, that’s not truth and it’s not spiritual, but very physical. You can bust the nose off of those gods.

REAL TRUE AND SPIRITUAL WORSHIP IS OBEDIENCE

So ‘true’ worship is obedience to the truth! All of the truth, all of God’s word. To know what that is you have got to pay attention to all the words. I’m going to show you a couple of examples of how I do that and why I can take any truth of God and just keep going with it, there is no end.

Matt 4:10  Then said Jesus unto him, Get you hence, Satan: for it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve.

Luke 6:46  And why call ye Me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

That’s worship!

Mat 22:37  Jesus said unto him, you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

That’s worship!

John 14:21  He that hath My commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves Me:

That’s worship!

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 01:55:31 PM »

Yes we MUST worship God, and we MUST obey God, and God says, we SHALL. 8)

Gods Spirit causes what Must be, to be. We have no power of free will. Like understanding comes only from The Spirit, so to does obedience.

Blessings
Arc

ref: Understanding comes only from the Spirit LOF 7

judith collier

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 04:45:28 AM »

I should have said people THINK they are serving and loving God but like it was said here unless the holy Spirit is in control they only think it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.