bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heavenly Jerusalem  (Read 5347 times)

gallenwalsh

Heavenly Jerusalem
« on: November 27, 2010, 06:10:08 AM »

Just wanted to ask opinions regarding the symbolism of "Heavenly Jerusalem".Does anyone think this is a literal place, or is this symbolic of the spirit of our God making his home with men/ Him in us,  we in Him? I am coming to realize some of the deeper symbolism such as tithing being symbolic of the circumcision of the heart, " if the first part is holy, will the rest not follow". I also wonder about the mercy seat being the heart of  our lord and savior as well, and the tabernacle , holy of hollies, etc. simply being the heart and mind of our most loving GOD.Is this whole matter  simply a picture of union with god ?God finally making us worthy of worship, and able to have a living loving relationship with him ?

AK4

Re: Heavenly Jerusalem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »

I believe my eyes have been opened a little here on this because i once was pondering on this too not to long ago.  Think on this, heavenly Jerusalem descends out from heaven, Jesus says He will come back the same way.  Could Heavenly Jerusalem be symbolic of Jesus?  I see the connection.  Think of all the scriptures where Jesus says He is coming back.  I personally dont see it as a literal place because it just doesnt fit so many scriptures if it was literal.  The angel measured this city and even though the numbers may be symbolic and not literal, it seems to puts a limit on God as if He could be measured, but heres the the twist to that, God did put a "measure" on Himself and that is in Jesus yet who can "measure" on Jesus. 

Revelation says the mystery of God is revealed and other scriptures say that all things hidden will be revealed.  I believe what Ray said that the scriptures are multi-layered so the mystery of God being revealed seems to me that we will all know all about all there is to know about Jesus in the eons to come or maybe further.  I guess what i am saying is the mystery of God has been revealed to us yet there is still more for us to know [i think the mystery has at least two layers for us we know the Father created Jesus and put all that He is in Jesus so now for us to know all about the Father we have to know all about Jesus---for them they have yet to understand that freewill is a myth and what it says and does about God and they have yet to know God the Father and that Jesus has a God], but for those who really dont know God [the Father] when they see "heavenly Jerusalem/Jesus" for the first time come out from heaven there revealing of the mystery of God is just beginning but for us its getting another boost in our understanding and unveiling of Him.

I just can see heavenly Jerusalem as being literal in anyway,  it just doesnt fit to me.

Just my opinion

In Jesus

Anthony

gallenwalsh

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 06:14:58 PM »

Thank you ak4, that makes more sense to me than what I was thinking.It also holds true to the fact that all is about Christ and or a type figure or shadow of him.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »

Hi gallenwalsh,

No, "heavenly Jerusalem" is not a literal place. It is a spiritual state of being. Christ tells us He will make us "a pillar in the temple of My God." This is a spiritual temple - heavenly Jerusalem - New Jerusalem where God has His abode and where the Elect will join Him and become pillars (a strong upright support) in the temple, to rule the earth with Christ.

Rev 3:12  He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Here is a couple of excerpts where Ray speaks on these things.

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html ---------------------

The one True Church of the Living God has a "Father" and a "Mediator—Jesus Christ." But does God’s Church have a "Mother?" Ah, Yes, it surely does:

"For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory [a representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters] for these are the TWO COVENANTS; the one from the mount Sinai, which genders to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar IS [now a metaphor—‘is like, in certain ways’] mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to JERUSALEM which NOW IS [at the time Paul wrote this and continues to this day] and is in BONDAGE with her children. But Jerusalem which is ABOVE ["The HEAVENLY JERUSALEM" Heb. 12:22] is free, which is THE MOTHER OF US ALL" (Gal. 4:22-26).

What amazing Scriptures these are. The New Covenant Church of the Living God has a MOTHER—HEAVENLY JERUSALEM ABOVE. And the giant Old Covenant Whore Church also has a mother—EARTHLY JERUSALEM BELOW. The New is FREE, whereas the Old is in BONDAGE.
v

Let’s be sure that we are perfectly clear on these Scriptural facts:

Paul said that there ARE RIGHT NOW, TWO Jerusalem's in existence.

One answers to the New Covenant, which is HEAVENLY JERUSALEM ABOVE.

One answers to the Old Covenant, which is EARTHLY JERUSALEM IN ISRAEL.

If you think that you can spiritually keep the physical laws of Moses, then your mother is the Old Covenant which answers to "Jerusalem which now is—IN BONDAGE."

But if you are keeping God’s spiritual laws through the spirit of God, then your mother is "Heavenly Jerusalem ABOVE which is—FREE."
v

Remember that there are two administrations of God’s purging fire: The first is on the House of God consisting of those whom God is calling to be overcomers and sons of God. The second will be at the second resurrection and white throne judgment in the lake of God’s divine purging fire. All the children of the bondwoman, the Old Covenant, the Mother Whore with her harlot daughters, will one day be the children of Heavenly Jerusalem Above, which is the MOTHER OF US ALL!

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html -------------------

We are not asked by God to "leave His Church," but rather to move from the carnal Jerusalem church under bondage to the spiritual Jerusalem church which is free. We certainly make every effort to fellowship with believers of like mind, but let us never forget where our true fellowship is.

"That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ" (I John 1:3).

And we fellowship with God by assembling ourselves in the HIGHEST assembly, in a spiritual, heavenly assembly:

"But we are come unto [heavenly] mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and CHURCH OF THE FIRSTBORN, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect and to Jesus the mediator of the NEW COVENANT, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel" (Heb. 12:22-24).
v

A TALE OF TWO JERUSALEM'S

"Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is NEW JERUSALEM…" (Rev. 3:12).

What is this "New Jerusalem?" It is a "Mother." Mothers are women who have given birth to children. We have all been birthed by a physical woman—a mother. In order to be "born again," we must be birthed by a spiritual mother. And just who is that spiritual mother?

"For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage [through the DEPTHS of Satan] with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is THE MOTHER OF US ALL" (Gal. 4:25-26).

Our spiritual mother is Jerusalem above.
---------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 08:09:54 PM »

I think that this heavenly Jerusalem is the corporate Body of Christ

(Heb 11:9)  In faith he sojourned in the land of the promise as a stranger, in tents having dwelt, with Isaac and Jacob of the joint-heirs of the promise of the same;

(Heb 11:10)  was waiting for that the foundations having city, of which a designer and architect the God;

(Heb 11:13)  In faith died these all, not having received the promises, but far distant them having seen and having saluted, and having confessed, that strangers and sojourners they are on the earth.

(Heb 11:16)  now but a better they long after, this is, heavenly. Therefore not is ashamed of them the God, a God to be called of them; he prepared for for them a city.

There is also the connection to Jerusalem with verses like

(Eph 2:21)  on which all the building being fitly compacted together grows up into the temple holy in Lord;

(1Co 6:19)  Or not know you, that the body of you a temple of the in you holy spirit is, which you have from God, and not you are of yourselves?

beloved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.