bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: answer a fool according to a fool?  (Read 4273 times)

gallenwalsh

answer a fool according to a fool?
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:38:45 AM »

Hello all, I came across some subject titles of Ray's in the past. This is one of them. It was given to me, with a bunch of other links. I have lost it. Can anyone help ?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: answer a fool according to a fool?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 02:47:06 PM »

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

Re: answer a fool according to a fool?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »

Hi gallenwalsh,

I think I found it.

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm -----------------------

ANSWERING A FOOL ACCORDING TO A FOOL

The proverb tells us to "Answer a fool according to a fool." And Jesus was a Master at doing this. The Chief Priest and Elders of the temple asked Jesus by what authority He did the things He did. Here then is my favorite New Testament sarcasm by Jesus:

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, I also will ask you one thing, which IF you tell me, I in like wise will tell you by what authority I do these things. The baptism of John, whence was it? From heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; He will say unto us, Why did you not then believe him? But if we shall say, Of men; we fear the people; for all hold John as a prophet. And they answered Jesus, and said, we cannot tell.

And He [Jesus] said unto them, NEITHER TELL I YOU by what authority I do these things" (Matt. 21:24-27)!

Sarcasm? Maybe. But SHEER GENIUS! Yet millions and millions of Christians read these verses in Scripture and they don’t get it. They don’t see any sarcasm whatsoever. Well it’s there, and it’s everywhere in Christ’s ministry.
----------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.