bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Malachi 4:3  (Read 4345 times)

gallenwalsh

Malachi 4:3
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:13:48 PM »

I believe this is referring to the future events of the reign with Christ. But I wonder if this is better rendered that wickedness shall be under our feet rather that wicked people? Would anyone agree ? Looking for comments.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Malachi 4:3
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »

Mal 4:3  And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Hi Gallenwalsh

I agree. The Scripture is speaking in terms of Spirit and Truth.  I also, cannot see the righteous physically standing on anyone, even if they are wicked! I believe that the wicked might feel like they are as ashes, underfoot of the righteous one day, when they have to give an account for themselves to God.

Blessings
Arc

mharrell08

Re: Malachi 4:3
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »

I believe this is referring to the future events of the reign with Christ. But I wonder if this is better rendered that wickedness shall be under our feet rather that wicked people? Would anyone agree ? Looking for comments.

I think it's fine the way it is. It's not to be taken literally.

No scripture of prophecy interprets itself...we have other scriptures to help us understand who/what is 'the wicked':

Matt 15:18-20  ...those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man...

Eph 6:12  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

2 Cor 10:4-6  For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

The Lord uses such drastic words (such as 'treading down') because it is such a drastic change from carnal-minded to spiritually-minded. When you have a moment, take a look at Ray's LOF series part 16-D4, under the header 'Too Many Notes'. This section is good for helping understand why the Lord uses the words that He does to describe the kind of change He is doing in us.

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.