bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cool Parable about the babylonian system.  (Read 3354 times)

santikos

Cool Parable about the babylonian system.
« on: December 02, 2010, 01:10:23 PM »

A king once excelled in greatness, not only in a war and affairs of state, but also in musice and song. so great was his desire for musical expression that he made himself a harp. if you had seen the harp and heard him play, you would have said that the harp itself was alive. As it was, no one ever heard the harp, except the head servant. For on the day that the harp was finished the king was suddenly called off to war. The head servant was given charge of all the affairs of the state, the people, and the harp until the king returned. " Take care of my harp," said the king, " for i intend to use it to bring great joy to my people." But this head servant was a wicked servant, and he said to himself, " i will take the harp, and i will bring joy to the people, and i will make myself king." So he took the harp and begant o strum. And as he strummed he broke it - string by string! ( for you see, he had not truly learned the ways of the king's harp.) Filled with anger, he made himself another harp which looked very much like the real harp but did not sound at all the same. Where the king's harp played joy and laughter, his harp played flippancy and riot. Where the king's harp played love, his played passion. Where the king's harp played peace, his played something much like peace, but it always left you dissatisfied. Neverthe less, the phony harp was an instant success among the people. for, you see, they never heard the music of the real harp! And not having ever heard the real, they applauded the counterfeit. The wicked servant was made king within a month. Bigger and better copies of the phony harp were made and spread throughout the land sot hat everyone in the country had a phony harp. Even now, if you come to that country you can hear the sickening chords of gloom and staleness and niceness and lust.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.