bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeremiah chapter 2  (Read 3847 times)

orion77

Jeremiah chapter 2
« on: July 05, 2006, 08:20:36 PM »

Read the whole of the second chapter of Jeremiah.  Something we have all been guilty of and what the many are guilty of now. 

(Jer 2:12)  Be amazed at this, O heavens, and be horrified; be completely desolated, declares Jehovah.

(Jer 2:13)  For My people have done two evils: they have forsaken Me, the Fountain of living waters, to hew out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.

We are all guilty of going the way of self, this chapter really puts it into perspective.   8)

(Jer 2:19)  Your own wickedness shall correct you, and your apostasies shall reprove you. Know, then, and see that your forsaking Jehovah your God is evil and bitter; and My fear is not in you, declares the Lord Jehovah of Hosts.

(Jer 2:20)  For long ago you broke your yoke and tore up your bonds. And you said, I will not transgress, when on every high hill and under every green tree you lay down like a harlot.

(Jer 2:28)  But where are your gods that you have made for yourselves? Let them arise, if they can save you in the time of your evil; for according to the number of your cities are your gods, O Judah.

There is just a few of the verses, truly an interesting read.

God bless,

Gary

hillsbororiver

Re: Jeremiah chapter 2
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 03:27:49 PM »

Gary,

This weaves seemlessly into your "beast" topic on the "Lake of Fire" board, as a matter of fact I am going to add the Jer. 2:28 verse to that thread.

Thank you Brother,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.