bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pagan christmas  (Read 4398 times)

lostANDfound

pagan christmas
« on: December 02, 2010, 06:31:42 PM »

any ideas on how to handle christmas?  i've been trying to side-step the consumerism part of it for years and it's caused no small amount of anxiety for family who want to spoil my kids.  but as for the supposed "real" meaning of it, in years past i've made a birthday cake for Jesus and talked to my kids about how christmas is supposed to be about Jesus birthday but it's not really his birthday.  how do you guys handle the craziness?  i was thinking of just eliminating any biblical emphasis and looking at it as a cultural event, since that's pretty much what it's become anyways, but i'm not sure that's any better.  thoughts?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: pagan christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 06:37:04 PM »

i was thinking of just eliminating any biblical emphasis and looking at it as a cultural event

Good idea.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: pagan christmas
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »

Please not this again :)   Just do a forum search on christmas for some answers.  Everytime this comes up feathers get ruffled.

Locking

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.