bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Surprised, but not entirely sure I should be...  (Read 13770 times)

moxicarose

Surprised, but not entirely sure I should be...
« on: December 04, 2010, 03:44:15 AM »

I have read several of Ray's papers, and email Q&A's, multiple times. I'm actually in the process of reading through the LOF again, because it's so long, and I feel like I missed a lot the first time through just for the sheer fact that I began 'gobbling' it up after the first two papers... :P At first, I was rather cautious, and looking for any reason to call "non scriptural" on anything Ray writes..but as the past couple of weeks have gone by, I have yet to read anything that I can't go and CONFIRM by reading the verses or entire chapters he references. I am sensing God's holy spirit as I read, and my heart is filled with joy. Something that seems to be confirming to me even more that I'm headed in the right direction, is the resistance I am already facing...

I had the opportunity to talk with my mom, which doesn't really happen too often. I told her that God is turning me upside down and really working on me in a big way. She was curious to know more, and by the end of the conversation, we had discussed the doctrines of Eternal Torment and the Trinity. I had Ray's words and scripture references there in front of me, so I wasn't completely shooting blind, but it still was pretty rough, because she's my mom. She reinforced everything that the churches we attended, and basically taught me all I knew before. Ultimately, it ended alright, in that we didn't hang up angry..but I was really surprised by the bite in some of her retorts to the little bit of Ray's teaching I shared. She actually told me that Ray must be writing his own Bible, because she said that God revealed the Trinity as truth to her without any teaching from a church. She mentioned Abraham and the three strangers in the desert, and said that she knows one of them was Jesus. Well, I have yet to look up the account of that in the OT, but I don't expect it to sway me from my now belief that the Trinity is false. On the doctrine of Eternal Torment, she said that she doesn't like the idea either, but God can not have evil in His presence and so He is going to do away with it. She said we can't argue with the scriptures, and that it is blasphemous to question God's methods of punishment. She also said that it is absolutely ridiculous to believe that God will actually save the entire human race, because then Jesus death was for nothing, and believers have no reward! I think what surprised me about that, is that I had actually already told her that I agree with Ray that the elect are the few chosen who overcome now and reap the reward of being in God's Kingdom. Anyway, her responses, coupled with some major heavy questioning my husband is having with all of this change in me, is proving to be a bit of a weight on my blossoming hope. I have asked God to give me His strength to face these things, knowing that this is nothing compared to what I may face in the future as I grow in these truths! I am wondering, though...How do you deal with it? I do not intend, or want to go around attempting to derail everyone else's comfy system of beliefs, but the ones closest to me are already getting a bee in their bonnet over just being aware that I am changing my mind..:P

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Surprised, but not entirely sure I should be...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 10:14:05 AM »

In case you haven't seen this yet:

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm

How do I handle it?  Poorly, when I've tried.   

There's no member of my family or reasonably close friend who isn't at least marginally aware of my change of thinking.  If anybody cares or is concerned or curious, they haven't thought to talk to me about it.  I can say the same thing about myself--I wasn't searching for anything but a few minutes of entertainment and diversion when I stumbled onto B-T and the Cornerstone.  It's a supernatural thing to have the scales fall away.  As John said, it's God's work.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 10:51:47 AM »

FYI: We have a FAQ board that touches on this subject:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11572.0.html

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 11:16:56 AM »

Hi Jessi,

The thing is that most Christians have been learning what they believe since childhood in the church. They have built their false beliefs brick upon brick into a huge building of fallacy. Now when you come along and point out that some of this is wrong, there is no way for them to take out that which you say is wrong without the whole thing collapsing and that is the last thing most of them want. You see they can not be given a bit of truth and expected to understand it, it simply does not fit together with all the rest of what they have come to believe. They are comfortable in their false beliefs, besides everybody else they know (except you) believe the same as they do.

You know that when you came to this truth it was absolutely necessary for your false house built on sand to fall and a great fall it was (Matt 7). It is a process to come to know this truth, tearing down the old and building a brand new building on the Rock. We know that this is impossible for a person to do on their own, for this to happen God must call them out of their delusion. It takes an absolute miracle from God for blind eyes to be opened and see this truth and for most of the world it is not yet their time.

John 6:44  No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him...

You have already given them something to think about, now wait for them to come to you with a question. Realize they do not have all the information that you now have to understand what you are trying to say to them. God has opened this great and wonderful truth to YOU, so continue to study...

2Tim 2:15  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And when someone comes to you with a question...

1Peter 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Another thing is you will actually be sharing this truth with them all the time, in the way you live.

Mat 5:14  "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
v.15  Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.
v. 16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:26:31 AM by Kat »

Samson

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 11:31:56 AM »

Hi Moxicarose,

I Posted two Emails and Answers from Ray regarding the telling and sharing with others about the Truths taught here at Bible-Truths below in blue color. Certainly, I understand Your desire to acquaint others(Family Members, Friends, Work Associates, etc.) I have that desire to tell others the marvelous truths found here and having that desire is okay, as long as the motive doesn't include a personal self importance or to elevate oneself through some perceived superiority that We feel we have. I had a recent phone conversation with Kat(Forum Moderator) & John Popovich(Forum Member) mentioning my desire to share these truths with others, expressing that my motive was because: " I enjoy and love to share these wonderful truths." With that said, If an opportunity arises, keeping 1Peter. 3:15 at the forefront, I will make the effort. With everyone else(99% plus), the best Sermon is how you conduct yourself and treat others. Be the best Daughter that you can be towards your Mother. You can only plant a seed, only God can make it grow. I'm afraid to tell you, but what Dave from Tenn, John from Kentucky have stated in their Posts, ARE THE FACTS AND THE REALITY. It's especially hard for me, coming from a Denomination that excels in preaching, Historically speaking, to zip the lip and bite the bullet, so as to refrain from pushing the Truth. Anyway, Read Rays Emails below in color blue.

Beast Within
« on: May 26, 2008, 05:44:50 PM »

I just got done with your beast within article.  and at the end it asked me if i was getting the picture yet.  well i am emailing you to tell you yes.  i am getting the picture.  ive been getting the picture for a while now.  it started a while back for me when i formulated the idea that Gods plan was involving all of mankind.  those verses that said things like every knee shall bow, and christ is the savior of all men, especially those who beleive.  i also was starting to understand that God was responsible for everything that happend.  i remember reading that god is the potter and we are the clay,  he molds people into vessels of wrath, and vessels of mercy.

i was beggining to become very excited about my new revelation of these scriptures and i tried to share them with other people, but they told me i needed to read my bible and pray more.  they told me that i was wrong.  and they told me to stop spreading my ideas.

i am very glad that i have found your web site.  ive been reading for a couple weeks now and everything that you say is completely logical and scripturally sound.  i would like to thank you for all of the research and studying that you have done.  everything is becomming extremely clear to me.  your web site has been an amazing resource.

i feel like ive finally found something that is very profound and true.  i feel like ive been set free by the truth.  im very happy that God has chosen to reveal these things to me.

ryan

Dear Ryan:  I'm afraid we have all learned the hard what the most people have no interest in the Truths of God WHATSOEVER.  They love religion, but not the Truths of God. There has to have been a good reason for Peter to admonish:

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man THAT ASKS Y-O-U  a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

There's the key: only give an answer to those who ask YOU, or are definitely interested.

God be with you,

Ray

Witnessing?
« on: July 05, 2007, 06:37:01 PM »

Dear Ray,

I've been studying your web site and would like to ask you a question.

I am a 45 yr old Hispanic woman whose husband is mentally ill. We've been married for 25 years and raised 2 well adjusted children {they now in serve in the military -Iraq-but as civilians they are a pharmacist and aeronautics engineer}, the trials of mentally illness has over time tried to take it's toll but we've always let God steer the direction we take and as long a we've been married it's always been that way. We're still growing strong and if it weren't for God's direction and protection, outside forces would have taken us and our marriage out along time ago.

Over the last 20 years of our marriage a lot of sacrifices were made, my professional career for one. I stay home to take care of my husband, but during this time I try to serve God any way he sees fit. I am an advocate for the mentally ill, physically handicapped and the elderly. I work from home and all of my services are free. I advocate in situations were federally funded agencies fail in provided services, and since 2003, my services quadrupled. Many of these individuals find it amazing that I do what I do for free and wonder how in the world we survive on what my husband's income provides. I simply answer that out heavenly Father takes care of our needs, and he does, with out a doubt. So here is my shame:

I study God's word and make do with what wisdom he allows me, so when I reply that Father takes care of us, there is always this overcoming feeling that I'm not saying enough. Like enough credit isn't being given of my Heavenly Father. I take every opportunity to share his precious gift, but that feeling, it's always there.

Over the years, I have witnessed to many people, especially the down trodden of the mentally ill. Of those, they try in earnest to learn more, I give what I have in the knowledge that was given to me and am always careful to back it up, I just never know if it is enough. I'm not looking for kudos, just the knowing that I gave what they needed to hear. I don't know why I was chosen to do this but it never fails, people come to us when it's the worst time of their lives, and witnessing always comes up. We don't pursue witnessing but it never fails, these people want to hear.

I can never tell if this is what they need in their spiritual life. I can't find any concrete verses in His Word to know this. Where can I look?

Engratis,

Esther

Dear Esther:  In 1Peter 3:15 we are told,  "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

This is really the basis for the best way to answer anyone. You cannot be persuasive unless what you tell someone is something that you yourself are living and experiencing.  You need to tell them about the "hope that IS IN YOU."  The them how you feel about God and about how you live your life for God, and there can be no better witness than this. If your faith is solid and your life is an example of godly living, then it will have an effect on those you comfort.
        God be with you,
        Ray

Hope this Helps, Samson.

onelovedread

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 06:22:14 PM »

I love this post. It has blessed me a lot.Thank you MoxicaRose and Samson.
John

moxicarose

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 05:59:16 AM »

Thanks so much to you all for the loving guidance
 and encouraging words!

~ moxicarose

daywalker

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 02:35:41 PM »

but God can not have evil in His presence and so He is going to do away with it.

Well, she's correct there. God really is going to DO AWAY with Evil; not just merely 'lock it up' in an underground dungeon.

She also said that it is absolutely ridiculous to believe that God will actually save the entire human race, because then Jesus death was for nothing...

Wow! On the contrary, IF God doesn't save the world, then Christ died for nothing:

"For I came... to SAVE the World" John 12:47
"I ...will draw ALL mankind unto Me" John 12:32
"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world." I John 4:14

etc.....

She said we can't argue with the scriptures, and that it is blasphemous to question God's methods of punishment.

She's absolutely right! You should warn her to stop doing it...  :D ;)

Daywalker

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »

I've tried witnessing to family, friends, co-workers, etc.. even a couple of pastors that I am close with.

Absolutely none of them want to listen. In fact, they usually shake their heads and wave their hands to end a conversation before I can really get a few basic thoughts out.

What the others have stated is exactly true.. However, I think part of our learning is having to at least try to witness our newfound truths. It's part of the process WE go through in learning that God is in complete control, and that everything will be done in His time.

Personally, I just wish *I* wasn't such a slow learner.. Feels like I've been banging my head against a brick wall for awhile now :D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:09:08 PM by Hudson »

GaryK

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 04:41:28 PM »

I've tried witnessing to family, friends, co-workers, etc.. even a couple of pastors that I am close with.

Absolutely none of them want to listen. In fact, they usually shake their heads and wave their hands to end a conversation before I can really get a few basic thoughts out.

What the others have stated is exactly true.. However, I think part of our learning is having to at least try to witness our newfound truths. It's part of the process WE go through in learning that God is in complete control, and that everything will be done in His time.

Personally, I just wish *I* wasn't such a slow learner.. Feels like I've been banging my head against a brick wall for awhile now :D

You do?

I don't. 

Not any more anyway.

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm

Where I work a few years back a woman and her husband, both small town baptist christians and proud of it, started a conversation about how good god is, loving and all that stuff.   I was 'new' to BT at the time and had just enough 'new' knowledge to be dangerous, ridiculous, and somewhat proud.    Hell came up.   They said 'if someone has to go up, someone has to go down'.   I asked them which 'god' they worshipped?   You'd thought I told them their grandmother had BO. 

If someone wants to talk about godly things I'll go along a bit with the common stuff, but rarely now do I speak on deeper things I've learned from BT.  It just isn't worth the blank stares anymore.

Not everyone feels the same but the point is I don't think it's up to me to educate anyone on anything.  Especially when I'm not educated enough myself.

No personal offensiveness to you, just making a comment is all.

Besides, God hasn't seen it yet that I'm in control and he's not.    ;)

gk

Marky Mark

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 05:57:21 PM »

You do?

I don't.

Mat 10:18  And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19  But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mat 10:20  For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Rev 19:10  And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
1Co 14:3  But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

Joh 20:21  Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Mat 10:8  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10897.0.html

Dear Vicki:  There are numerous people who use a plethora of methods to introduce others to our Bible-Truths site.  I don't discourage anyone from showing others the Truths of God by whatever  method they feel comfortable in using.  You might receive some persecution, but hey, that's one of the blessings that come along with defending and obeying our Lord.  There is no better defense of the Gospel than one's own OBEDIENCE and KNOWLEDGE.  Peter said we are to be ready always to have the proper answers and information regarding what we believe and why we believe it.
May God be with you always,

Ray

Peace...Mark

markn902

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 06:13:34 PM »

Hi Moxica
          I feel like chiming in today because I struggled with this early on. Being somewhat  ;) of a argumentative person I really had to think and pray on this subject. Because honesty I couldn't tell where my desire to share love and my desire to simply point out other peoples mistakes started and ended. I don't know if you can relate or not but I have a tendency to "hotly debate" topics with people. I guess thats a nice way of saying that  :D anyway after some time decided it would be best since I can't trust my own ego (at that time) that I would tell anyone everything I know anytime someone asked me. 

NO ONE EVER ASKS ME! lol seriously though no one ever does and I have since come to a nice peace about the subject so that I hardly ever think about it at all. The one time it did come up it was with my mom as well and she did not like hearing what i had to say. But something better has happened my wife and I have simple bible studies at home together with the Teacher being Christ. It is a wonderful thing and I am blessed to have that. So I hear ya Moxica! and peace be to you

Mark

GaryK

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 06:57:36 PM »

You do?

I don't.

Mat 10:18  And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19  But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mat 10:20  For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Rev 19:10  And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
1Co 14:3  But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

Joh 20:21  Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Mat 10:8  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10897.0.html

Dear Vicki:  There are numerous people who use a plethora of methods to introduce others to our Bible-Truths site.  I don't discourage anyone from showing others the Truths of God by whatever  method they feel comfortable in using.  You might receive some persecution, but hey, that's one of the blessings that come along with defending and obeying our Lord.  There is no better defense of the Gospel than one's own OBEDIENCE and KNOWLEDGE.  Peter said we are to be ready always to have the proper answers and information regarding what we believe and why we believe it.
May God be with you always,

Ray

Peace...Mark

Thanks Mark, but, the OP feels it is part of our 'learning' process to 'try' and witness.   

I don't see it that way.     

I'd rather keep silent with the little I know and wait for the event to be given than to speak loudly as if I know more than I do and sound and challenged like a fool to just any who may show a featherweight interest, or perhaps be also 'educated' in their own manner.    And I'm pretty good at coming off as a fool.  Alas, and perhaps, this may be one of those times.   ;)

To me 'witnessing' and 'defending' are two entirely different matters.

But I do agree with your post, in that, when the time comes the words, and the event, will be given to speak as they should be spoken.

And peace to you also.

gk

mharrell08

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »

Absolutely Gary. We should be seen and not heard in terms of being a witness of Christ in us. The way we live our lives will speak volumes.

'Defending' the faith should simply be a response to a genuine interest. It takes spiritual discernment to tell the difference between genuine interest and a religious hobbyist looking for a debate.

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »

Hi Moxicarose,
Notice the Scriptures say God, Is Working, so we need to observe and learn How God Works. The End result is that we will be conformed to the image of His Son, then we will do the same works (all together for good). Currently we are still dividing everything into good bad, like dislike, love hate and other opposites, Rest and Christ Spirit will Teach you all there is to know.

Rom 8: 28-29 (CLV)
28 Now we are aware that God is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are called according to the purpose" 29 that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren."

george. ;D

Marky Mark

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 09:07:53 PM »

I'd rather keep silent with the little I know and wait for the event to be given

Hello Gary. I agree also. Foolish you ain't.

I do not seek people out to witness to by any stretch of the imagination,seeing as I have a habit of tripping over my own tongue at times.What I certainly do advocate is to be ready to give an answer to whoever should ask of what my thoughts are,on what the Word has revealed to me,concerning the Truths of the Spirit. Of course the best way to be prepared to answer is knowing what the Word says,that is,by constant prayer and study and the revelation of Christ Himself,within my heart and mind  :)

Peace...Mark

Samson

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 11:23:31 PM »

Absolutely Gary. We should be seen and not heard in terms of being a witness of Christ in us. The way we live our lives will speak volumes.

'Defending' the faith should simply be a response to a genuine interest. It takes spiritual discernment to tell the difference between genuine interest and a religious hobbyist looking for a debate.

Marques made an excellent point regarding differentiating between: A GENUINE INTEREST VERSUS A RELIGIOUS HOBBYIST LOOKING FOR A DEBATE(Caps mine for emphasis). This is so true and takes much experience and discernment to detect the difference. Also, to add to Marques point, Also, there are those who will listen to everything you say without contest, but don't have any interest either way. They don't reject what you explain to them, but they don't ask questions or bring up this type of conversation. At best, they are sounding boards. This is something that I recently experienced with a very nice and pleasant Workmate. No more information for Him, just awaiting a Question, been waiting an awful long time,  ;)

Thanks, Samson.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 11:30:38 PM »

hum. So many responses and compression on these whole post... !

The thing is that most Christians have been learning what they believe since childhood in the church. They have built their false beliefs brick upon brick into a huge building of fallacy. Now when you come along and point out that some of this is wrong, there is no way for them to take out that which you say is wrong without the whole thing collapsing and that is the last thing most of them want. You see they can not be given a bit of truth and expected to understand it, it simply does not fit together with all the rest of what they have come to believe. They are comfortable in their false beliefs, besides everybody else they know (except you) believe the same as they do.

You know that when you came to this truth it was absolutely necessary for your false house built on sand to fall and a great fall it was (Matt 7). It is a process to come to know this truth, tearing down the old and building a brand new building on the Rock. We know that this is impossible for a person to do on their own, for this to happen God must call them out of their delusion.
Kat
For me this was very nice and clearly explained.  

I might will predict that while you keep assimilating more what you are learning you will become a more reserved person for a while.

We don't have time to try to knock off others peoples houses while we have to focus on build a new one for our selves,

• First, our whole surrounding context will start to change, you can't adapt anymore on your environment as before, we start to see the whole thing from the top or as a whole. Also the majority around you can't really adapt to you (the big difference is that you can understand them while they can't understand you)
  • Second, You no longer share (and this will increase) the current structures, norms, attitudes and the same history of the place that surround you. (So you will need to be careful on every opinion and subject you get into, if you don't want to offend people all the time. maybe look for safer subjects to talk about)
  • Also we need to work with what we have, be aware of our limitations. We are busy trying to build a brand new building.
    Maybe once this  is bigger and stable, There we will have a stage to answer properly when somebody honestly ask. It is also hard to be taken serious when our life's are being sponsored by a contradictory belief system.
  • For last. Any change to one aspect of the setting where you live will obviously have consequences for many other aspects, so you will need to anticipate and be prepared for drastic consequences.

As we keep walking, and building, there is less fear and more freedom. Also there can be high possibilities for us to become more lonely (spiritually). This is why we must come together online, and also why the first believers used to be encouraged to stay together. Still, Wherever we are and whatever we do; we must focus on keep on building, carefully.

And here is the dilemma again:

- Naively trying to change individuals on their own environment that they are so used too. [They may agree with you for one chat, but if their house is not about to be knocked down.. they will not have the straight, the enough knowledge or courage for change]

- Or wait until God (whenever He wants, and however he wants) must call them out of their delusion.

Words from people that we tent to think that know us the most are way more persuasive and strong, no matter if what they are saying make much sense or not, so they are the ones that we must be aware the must.

We are getting far! We are getting far from everything on religion that we used to think to be right!

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:53:27 PM by Moises »

Linny

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 11:43:49 PM »

I was born to argue. It makes me happy to debate.  ;) That is why God taught me how to keep my mouth shut  :-X BEFORE He brought me to BT.
It isn't witnessing if they hate what you are saying and decide you are a wacko for saying it.  :-\
Yes, I am ready with an answer but I wait for the question. God must not think I am ready as I don't get too many questions!
So I am content to argue silently in my head when I hear crapola that I disagree with. I used to be blind too.  8)

moxicarose

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 01:17:11 AM »

Wow...so many posts on the thread I started here!  8) I have been blessed to read everyone's thoughts and advice on this subject. I'm eager to grow in the truth, and though I would love it if I could just shout it from the rooftops, well, I know that is not helpful. I am terrible at debate, actually... however, I'm very passionate about what I believe, and so I know God will use my passion when and how He sees fit.

Interestingly, my Mom called me this past weekend. She asked me some questions about my newfound beliefs. I at first wondered if I would be "ready to give an answer", since I only just grasped these truths a little while ago. I am confident that God gave me the right words at the right times...in the end she told me that she feels defeated, like she worked so hard to raise me in God's truths, and here I am leaving 90% of it behind. In the end, I just lent her my ear. You see, she is in a very dark place right now, and she knows it. In this one conversation, I heard more cynicism, doubt, and bitterness than I have ever heard from my mother. She doesn't understand why she used to feel so close to the Lord, and now she doesn't at all...she tells God that she misses Him. :( I continue to pray for her, knowing all along that God has not left her...

moxicarose

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.