bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Timothy 6:16  (Read 4336 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
I Timothy 6:16
« on: December 08, 2010, 11:46:11 PM »

I would have flown right past this verse if it wasn't for the teachings here, but starting in the middle of verse 15 it reads, "which God will bring about in his own time- God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, (16) who ALONE is IMMORTAL and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. CLT says "making His home in light inaccessible, Whom not one of mankind perceived nor can be perceiving... "  So in this little verse we have a teaching that only God is Immortal, (not even Jesus is immortal because he died, correct?) and as Ray teaches, there is only one RULER, not three in one and also no one has seen God. It's wonderful to me how these gems are all over the Bible and I'm so grateful not to be totally oblivious to them anymore. IT's interesting that NIV says "no one has seen", but that could not be correct since Jesus has seen Him and I thought even Satan had seen him as recorded in Job (but perhaps I'm missing something there), but CLT says "not one of mankind perceived..."
 I've had a difficult day struggling with issues at home and  the only place I could run to is prayer, the Word, and fellow Christians to pray with me. I was reading Ray's lesson on God creating Evil and how he uses it for His purpose. This actually makes me feel better; it means that even in sin my children are not out of the control of God and  He uses their sin (my sin) to teach and bring us to Him.
 God bless us as we let go of our worries and fears, and place our faith in a the King of kings.

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: I Timothy 6:16
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 02:16:55 AM »

Yes, and now that I know better I am astounded I ever thought differently. It never ever sat easy with me and I always hoped there was something we were missing but I could not understand what scripture was talking about when it says words like 'perish' and 'destroy'. Now I know about the refiners fire, now I know that the elect of God is different than all others and now I have an understanding of judgement. I liked what you said, "how can you not return the love to the Father who gives such love?". Exactly.

mharrell08

Re: I Timothy 6:16
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 08:23:34 AM »

I would have flown right past this verse if it wasn't for the teachings here, but starting in the middle of verse 15 it reads, "which God will bring about in his own time- God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, (16) who ALONE is IMMORTAL and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. CLT says "making His home in light inaccessible, Whom not one of mankind perceived nor can be perceiving... "  So in this little verse we have a teaching that only God is Immortal, (not even Jesus is immortal because he died, correct?) and as Ray teaches, there is only one RULER, not three in one and also no one has seen God. It's wonderful to me how these gems are all over the Bible and I'm so grateful not to be totally oblivious to them anymore. IT's interesting that NIV says "no one has seen", but that could not be correct since Jesus has seen Him and I thought even Satan had seen him as recorded in Job (but perhaps I'm missing something there), but CLT says "not one of mankind perceived..."
 I've had a difficult day struggling with issues at home and  the only place I could run to is prayer, the Word, and fellow Christians to pray with me. I was reading Ray's lesson on God creating Evil and how he uses it for His purpose. This actually makes me feel better; it means that even in sin my children are not out of the control of God and  He uses their sin (my sin) to teach and bring us to Him.
 God bless us as we let go of our worries and fears, and place our faith in a the King of kings.

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5630.msg45399.html#msg45399):

Dear Gary:  A few years ago I realized that even I carelessly assumed that "Who only has immortality..." was speaking of Jesus. This apparently is not the case in these verses. Yes, Jesus NOW possesses immortality as we all will one day, but in this case the reference is to God His Father:

"I give you charge in the sight of GOD..." (I Tim. 6:13).

"Which in HIS [God's] times HE [God] shall show..."  (Verse 15).

"Who [God, not Jesus] has [inherently, not from another source] immortality dwelling in the LIGHT [God is 'the Father of lights' James 1:17] which no man can approach unto; Whom [God not Jesus] no has seen, nor can see [God the Father has no man ever seen, not Jesus, John 1:18; 5:37, etc.)..." (Verse 16).

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.