bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God is like a TV Station !!??  (Read 6485 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
God is like a TV Station !!??
« on: July 05, 2006, 10:03:45 PM »

Hi everyone,

"For it is GOD which works in you both TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

Don :  God is like a TV Station, constantly sending out a signal. We are like TV sets, capable, when working properly, of reproducing the image of Goodness and Truth that God projects. We can't improve on the image, but we can stuff it up in two ways: 1.We have our limitations, so our Image is never a perfect reproduction.   and 2. We can block the signal if we choose to turn our back on Goodness and Truth, and instead promote our own selfish interests. 
If we respond, by ridding ourselves of faults and defects, we can allow God's Image to shine through.  All we can do by ourselves is to stuff it up.  Any Goodness or Truth in us is from God.

What is wrong with Don's understanding ??
Thanks guys
God Bless you ALL !
John

prarrydog

Re: God is like a TV Station !!??
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 10:14:11 PM »

Don does not believe that God is sovereign.  He believes that we call the shots.  He believes that we decide when, if, and how we are going to follow Christ.  Ask him to read Ray's articles on free will and then have a conversation with him.

with love

orion77

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 10:50:34 PM »

(Jer 10:18)  For so says Jehovah, Behold, I will sling out those living in the land at this time, and I will distress them so that they may find Me.

(Jer 10:23)  O Jehovah, I know that his way does not belong to man; it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.

(Rom 9:15)  For He said to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will pity whomever I will pity." Ex. 33:19

(Rom 9:16)  So, then, it is not of the one willing, nor of the one running, but of the One showing mercy, of God.

(Rom 9:17)  For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very thing I raised you up, so that I might display My power in you, and so that My name might be publicized in all the earth." Ex. 9:16

(Rom 9:18)  So, then, to whom He desires, He shows mercy. And to whom He desires, He hardens.

God know His creation, better than the creation.  Notice how He brings distress upon us, so that we may find Him.  Interesting.

God bless,

Gary

prarrydog

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 11:17:29 PM »

Gary,

How do you do it?  You always come up with the perfect scriptures.  Love your posts brother.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 08:56:31 AM »

What channel did Paul have his set on when he was on the road to Damascas? He didn't seem to be able to change it or turn the signal off.

Good stuff Gary & Scott!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 09:00:03 AM »

John,

Apparently neither you or Don have read many of the articles on Bible Truths, there is a wealth of detailed information and scriptural references, try reading them and if there are problems with what you or Don read please show us the scriptures that make your point.

Thanks,

Joe

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »

Thanks guys for all your input and recommendations, I am reading Ray's and Mikes sites, It's going to take a little while for it all to sink in and register.....and I will have to read it a few times and a few times more. Thanks be to God that I am here.

God bless you all !!

Cheers....John

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 11:57:18 AM »

John,

We are happy to have you here, there is a wealth of information available and plenty of Brothers and Sisters to help us all in understanding.

His Peace to you,

Joe

SandyFla

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 04:14:24 PM »

What channel did Paul have his set on when he was on the road to Damascas? He didn't seem to be able to change it or turn the signal off.

Good stuff Gary & Scott!

Yep!

Jonah didn't have an on/off switch either. God forced him to go to Nineveh.

Isn't it amazing how God can go against our free will sometimes but not others? It must get really confusing for Him ... NOT!  :D

God: "Let's see ... who is in control today, Sandy or me? Oh, she was yesterday, so today it's MY turn!" LOL

jenny06

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 02:29:34 AM »

I listened to a guy at church comment on a book his wife had read, one on predestination. I don't know if it was fear or just not the right time, but I did not mention this site to him. I am sure that I will at some point in time. I am not partial to denominational churches, though my kids seem to really like this churches youth group. Being accepted by even churched kids is hard to come by sometimes, so I encourage the few friendships with like spirits that flourish. Anyhow, I do know that he is questioning whether or not we are all in the driver's seat with free will of our own. His one question was the hell he was taught by church doctrine, as you might well imagine. I have to say that I am surprised that no one in our circle noticed my jaw drop when he brought this up. So many people seek information and never find it. Others are driven with a drive not their own to seek the information out. It surely cannot be chance; it has to be His design.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.