bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing, you should be ashamed  (Read 5357 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing, you should be ashamed
« on: December 09, 2010, 06:24:56 PM »

Your post Quoted only  part of mathew 23:23 concerning tithing our disablity checks. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise.
You have once again taken a part of a verse and made it to say what you desire. As for your claim. The rest of the verse say's, and I quote'  and have omitted the
weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy and faith. THESE OUGHT YE TO HAVE DONE, AND NOT LEAVE THE OTHER UNDONE.
You should be ashamed. The last part of this verse excuses none of what you claim.. It actually assures us that we need to be sure and do ALL that is required.

Dear Nameless:
No, it is you, Nameless, that should be ashamed.  You are about the tenth Christian now who have leveled this same false nonsense again me regarding my tithing paper.
You say that my post "Quoted only part of mathew [Matthew] 23:23 concerning tithing our disablity [disability] checks."  First of all, I say nothing concerning "disability checks "with reference to Matt. 23:23 in my paper. Second, I did not quote ANY of Matt. 23:23 ANYWHERE in my tithing paper.  I quoted from Luke 11:42 which is the same event described in Matt. 23:23.  And Third, I did not "take part of a verse to make it say what I desire."  I quoted the ENTIRE verse, and here it is reproduced right out of my tithing paper (the section of which is reproduced in full below). Here is the part you said I did not quote:  "THESE OUGHT YE TO HAVE DONE, AND NOT TO LEAVE THE OTHER UNDONE" (Luke 11:42).  Read this whole section again from my tithing paper (maybe for the first time), and be a little more careful in the future about
being so willing to criticize and condemn others for you own shamefulness and ignorance!
God be with you,
Ray

CHRIST’S ONLY TWO EXAMPLES OF TITHERS

Paul was inspired by God's Holy Spirit to declare that "God loves a cheerful giver" (II Cor.9:7). Why was not Paul inspired by God’s Holy Spirit to declare that, "God loves a cheerful tithe-payer?" In fact, why does not Paul mention the words tithe, tithes, or tithing in any of His thirteen epistles—not once? (Paul did not write the book of Hebrews, II Thes. 3:17). Why does not Peter, James, John, or Jude mention tithing in any of their epistles? Why didn’t the early Christian Fathers mention tithing as a doctrine of the New Testament Church? Therefore, why are innumerable thousands of evangelists, theologians, teachers, preachers, and clergymen teaching the world that if they don’t tithe ten percent of their salaries, that God will curse them with a curse?

The only two times in the New Testament that Jesus mentions tithing is in condemnation of the Pharisees. At the time of Jesus’ ministry there was a temple and there was a Levitic Priesthood, hence tithing was still in effect for the Jews. Hear now the only words ever recorded of Jesus mentioning tithes:

"But WOE [deep distress, misery, grief, misfortune, calamity, sorrow, dismay] unto you Pharisees! For ye tithe mint and rue and all
manner of herbs [some had farms; some had gardens], and pass over JUDGMENT and the LOVE OF GOD: THESE OUGHT YE
TO HAVE DONE, AND NOT TO LEAVE THE OTHER UNDONE" (Luke 11:42).
And just what kind of a blessing did Jesus pronounce on these Pharisees for their "tithe of the mint and herbs"? No blessing, just
a startling "WOE" "And the Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God… I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that
I possess" (Luke 18:12).

And just what kind of a blessing did Jesus pronounced on this Pharisee for his "tithe"?
No blessing, no justification, just a promise that people like him will be "abased" (Ver. 14).
What does being an utter hypocrite and passing over "Judgment and the Love of God" have to do with "tithing?" That’s the whole point. These gross sins
have virtually nothing to do with tithing! Tithing to Jesus was so absolutely insignificant to the gross sins of failing to properly Judge the widows and orphans
and fatherless and poor, and to not show any Love of God toward them. Tithing was the smallest most inconsequential thing Christ could think of to show the
utter hypocrisy of this Pharisees. They were very meticulous about tithing (a law of virtually no spiritual consequence what so ever), and yet… and YET they
would do the tithe thing and neglect judgment, love and mercy.

Now please don’t all write me at once telling me that I have missed the whole point of these two sets of Scripture by not realizing that it was their very gross
sins that will bring "woes’ and "abasements" on them, and not that they are being condemned for what they did do correctly, namely "tithe." That is quite true.
However, it appears that most have missed the very reason why Jesus gives two examples of two Pharisees, who were gross sinners deserving the worst
possible chastisements, and then says that they were both tithe-payers. Christ’s attention to the fact that they were both meticulous tithe-payers, proved the
hypocrisy of these two Pharisees. They would pay strict attention to very miner details of a law, and yet totally abandon a very reason and purpose for the
whole existence of the law—LOVE, MERCY, JUDGMENT.

The Law of Moses regarding tithing produce from the land was still in effect during Christ’s ministry, and therefore, all of the nation of Israel who had land
were to tithe from their land and give it to the Priests and Levites, strangers, fatherless, widows, poor, and even consume some of it themselves at God’s
annual festivals. However, this system with its laws and temple were all part of the original church of God in the wilderness. Jesus, however, did
not tithe. Likewise, His apostles, did not tithe. Furthermore, neither Jesus, nor His Apostles, nor Paul, ever taught new Christian converts to the newly
established Church of Christ, to tithe to this new church!  Here then is the bottom line: Neither, Jesus nor His apostles tithed themselves or taught
tithing to others. And within a generation God pronounced to the entire world by the total destruction of both the nation of Judah, and their city of
Jerusalem with its temple, that the church established in the wilderness, was now superseded by the Church of Christ. The nation of Israel was gone,
the temple was gone, the priests were gone, the Levites were gone, and concerning the very Law of Moses containing
the law of tithing, we read this:

"In that he says, A NEW covenant, He has made the first OLD. Now that which DECAYS and waxes OLD is ready to VANISH AWAY" (Heb. 8:13).

But the Church today doesn’t want the New Covenant to replace the Old. They want to put the New Wine (of the New Covenant), in the Old Bottles (of the Old
Covenant). And they want to put the New Cloth (of the New Covenant), on the Old Cloth (of the Old Covenant). And what did Jesus tell us would be the
result of such an unharmonious and unequal yoking?

"And no man puts new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled and the bottles shall perish."

However, in two thousand years, the church is still trying put the Old and the New together as One, and the results are always disastrous.
Just why is it that they like the Old covenant better than the New? Here’s the answer from the lips of our Master Himself: "No man also
having drunk old wine [lived by the Old Covenant] straightway desires new [the spiritual New Covenant]: for he says, The old is better"
(Luke 5:39). But not only is the Church blinded by the new wine, they are also intoxicated from the old wine to the point that they have no idea
what it’s purpose was in the first place. Jesus said, "You blind guides, which STRAIN OUT A GNAT [are attentive to TINY insignificant
things like paying tithes on mint and pepper pods], and SWALLOW A CAMEL [totally neglect the weightier matters of the law which are of
HUGE consequence, like judgment, faith, mercy, and the love of God]" (Matt. 23:24).

How many millions of sermons are geared toward "straining out gnats" on Sunday morning, so that the Pastors can "swallow camels" all week long?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.