bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......!!!!!!  (Read 6906 times)

GaryK

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......!!!!!!
« on: December 13, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »

It was SO COLD!!!!!!!!

hitchhikers were holding up pictures of thumbs!

roosters were rushing into Kentucky Fried Chicken and begging to use the pressure cooker!

pickpockets were sticking their hands in strangers' pockets just to keep them warm!

the squirrels in the park were throwing themselves at an electric fence!

the dogs were wearing cats!

Starbucks was serving coffee on a stick!

the rats were bribing the alley cats for a snuggle

words froze in the air. If you wanted to hear what someone said, you had to grab a handful of sentences and take them in by the fire!

the politicians had their hands in their OWN pockets!

I actually enjoyed it when someone spilled scalding hot coffee on my lap!

the muggers were phoning in sick!

we had to kick a hole in the air just to get outside!

mcmiller

Re: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 12:17:11 PM »

Are you kidding?

This is still T-shirt weather here in Minnesota, the temperature has to drop another 20-30° before we might put on a long sleeved shirt.

I drove back to Minneapolis from the north shore of Lake Superior in a snow storm on Saturday and there we two guys surfing just north of Duluth in Lake Superior (no lie). 

Surf's up!!!!

Mark

longhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 11:50:23 PM »

You know how when it get's reaeeaaallll cold down here in the south, and we southerners go outside and do the old " See your breath " test.  If you can see your breath, you now it must be winter.  Well, this morning I tried a new experiment.  After 2 real bad cups of coffee, peanut butter flavored grenola bar, leftover cheese dooodles, and one of those small packets of candy corn treats left over from halloween,  I decided to put the " Air " test to use.  Trust me, when hot air leaves your body and mixes with sub-freezing temps..... smoke will be produced.  Not sure it's really smoke, I'll leave that to the smarter ones on this forum.  I must admit , as strange as my life has been up to this point, that's the first time I can remember seeing smoke emitted from the rear.   Please don't try this at home.  Or, if you must.... don't let your neighbor see you.  Life is great.  Oh well, let's see what tomorrow brings.

Longhorn

moxicarose

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 12:47:15 AM »

Haha! I got a good giggle out of all that!  Longhorn, I have never heard anyone call it smoke before, so that gave me an added chuckle...When I was a kid I used to pretend I was smoking since it does look like that. (What a dork I was!) I knew it wasn't smoke, though...maybe that means I am also a geek. :P Either way it comes out, it's essentially steam, and not smoke. It's actually kind of interesting, since the reason it happens is because the temperature of the air leaving your body suddenly drops and so it allows condensation to form in the normally invisible vapor...

Anyway, over here in Oregon it's incredibly soggy...but not that cold. At least for December!

moxicarose

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 02:35:48 AM »

Moxicarose,

I was in the U. S. Air Force with a man named Fred Butler who was from Grant's Pass Oregon.
He worked in the timber industry topping trees before they were felled by other men.
At one time I was going to move to Oregon with him and we both thought about joining
the San Francisco Police department. That was while S. F. was still straight as far as I knew.
But then I returned to Indiana, met my wife in 1961 and settled down to rear a family.

Indianabob

moxicarose

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 03:35:09 AM »

Hi, Indianabob! :)

Both of my parents were in the U.S. Air Force in Missouri. :) They moved around a lot when I was really little, (North Dakota, Florida, Flagstaff, Arizona) and then they were both honorably discharged before I really remembered all the different places we lived. My earliest memories are in Phoenix, AZ...and then we moved to the Seattle area in Washington state when I was five. Then when I was 11 years old, my family moved to a little town in Oregon called Vernonia. It's a logging town..:D I knew lots of folks that had similar (hazardous) jobs to your friend you told me about. I left Vernonia when I was 18 to live at the Oregon Coast... I have visited several places in the Pacific Northwest, but I've only lived in areas within an hour or two of Portland for some reason. :P I met my husband in Portland, and we have moved all over the Portland Metro area in our 11 years of marriage.

Grants Pass is a four or five hour drive south from us...I live in one of many suburbs of Portland, but I would love to move somewhere more rural.  Urban life doesn't really suit me anymore..:P

I was a little confused about something you said in your post, and maybe I read it wrong, so I will just ask :)...You said you considered moving to Oregon with your friend, and that you both considered joining the S.F.P.D. Were you both thinking of then relocating to California? San Francisco is about 400 miles south of Grants Pass, although Grants Pass is only about 60 miles from the Northern border of California...:P

I've actually never been to California...my little sister moved there, though. :)

moxicarose

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 06:40:04 AM »

The other night, whilst we lay softly, warmly, comfortably and soundly asleep, God opened up, what seemed to be a ethereal sound vortex above our home. He sent a terrific and sudden, totally unexpected, mega clap of resounding, reverberating thunder, into our bedroom!  It was as if my heart was the target! The astonishing loud presence of rumbling, low and rich, decibel super-sound, matched with the draped shadows of blessed peace in our room, and seemed to resonate past any physical boundaries!  God Himself had opened the dimensions of the earth realm with a command of deep, electric waking! Right over our house, through the roof, through my resting mind, and straight into my heart, God didn’t miss to astound and absolutely thrill me again!

Well, that’s in other words :D  ~ we’re in our rainy season here in South Africa! It rained hard and heavy in the early hours of this morning too! 

Act 14:17  yet He has not left Himself without a witness by doing good, by giving you rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, and by filling you with food and joyful hearts."

Act 17:26  From one man he made every nation of humanity to live all over the earth, fixing the seasons of the year and the boundaries they live in,

Blessings brothers and sisters 
Arc

Linny

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 10:45:30 AM »

Arc, what a beautiful description. All I can say is...
IT'S 7 DEGREES HERE!  :o :o :o

GaryK

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 11:50:42 AM »

You know how when it get's reaeeaaallll cold down here in the south, and we southerners go outside and do the old " See your breath " test.  If you can see your breath, you now it must be winter.   Well, this morning I tried a new experiment.  After 2 real bad cups of coffee, peanut butter flavored grenola bar, leftover cheese dooodles, and one of those small packets of candy corn treats left over from halloween,  I decided to put the " Air " test to use.  Trust me, when hot air leaves your body and mixes with sub-freezing temps..... smoke will be produced.  Not sure it's really smoke, I'll leave that to the smarter ones on this forum.  I must admit , as strange as my life has been up to this point, that's the first time I can remember seeing smoke emitted from the rear.   Please don't try this at home.  Or, if you must.... don't let your neighbor see you.  Life is great.  Oh well, let's see what tomorrow brings.

Longhorn

Longhorn, you should move up in the world and purchase a thermometer.   It's this stick looking thing with a red column in it that moves up and down when a temperature change is detected.   Generally one tries to nail this magnificient tool to a post near a window (good for reading INSIDE the house).   It's a cool gadget that really does away with the southern breath test.    But don't try purchasing one of the fine items in Minnesota, should you move there, as they don't use the thermometer.   In Minnesota they apparently go by the 'test the winter water and ice' method.  For further interesting explanation consult mcmiller........ ;D.     

And that helps explain why Minnesotians re-hired Favre.   Brain-freeze.

Or, you can use the 'who let the dog out!!!!!??..' method, like me this morning at 3:30am.............13 degrees......and Cisco decides it's time for his good master to take him for a brisk walk.     May he rest in peace.   (jk)

gk

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 12:56:30 PM »

Arc, what a beautiful description. All I can say is...
IT'S 7 DEGREES HERE!  :o :o :o

Glad you appreciated it Linny!

Stay warm!

Blessings
Arc

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 09:18:55 PM »

Hi again Jessi,

re: your confusion about my history in S. F.
Both Fred and I were in the Air Force Police and at the time we were discharged the City of San Francisco was soliciting applicants from all over the United States for their Police Force. They had the reputation of being one of the best and were offering better training and salary than other large cities. So since Fred and I were ex military police we thought that we would apply. Plus Fred had told me how great it would be to live along the West Coast of America and I thought it would be a good plan to have a friend I could trust if I moved into a new life in California.

If you have been watching the weather news recently, you can understand why California seemed attractive. I love Indiana and I love snow, for about a week at a time. (smile)

But things change and I have later discovered that God had a life all planned out for me even then.

WARM regards, Indiana Bob Breyfogle

by the way I did get to the S. F. Bay area about forty years later for a brief visit. Didn't see Fred Butler though.

Hi, Indianabob! :)

Both of my parents were in the U.S. Air Force in Missouri. :) They moved around a lot when I was really little, (North Dakota, Florida, Flagstaff, Arizona) and then they were both honorably discharged before I really remembered all the different places we lived. My earliest memories are in Phoenix, AZ...and then we moved to the Seattle area in Washington state when I was five. Then when I was 11 years old, my family moved to a little town in Oregon called Vernonia. It's a logging town..:D I knew lots of folks that had similar (hazardous) jobs to your friend you told me about. I left Vernonia when I was 18 to live at the Oregon Coast... I have visited several places in the Pacific Northwest, but I've only lived in areas within an hour or two of Portland for some reason. :P I met my husband in Portland, and we have moved all over the Portland Metro area in our 11 years of marriage.

Grants Pass is a four or five hour drive south from us...I live in one of many suburbs of Portland, but I would love to move somewhere more rural.  Urban life doesn't really suit me anymore..:P

I was a little confused about something you said in your post, and maybe I read it wrong, so I will just ask :)...You said you considered moving to Oregon with your friend, and that you both considered joining the S.F.P.D. Were you both thinking of then relocating to California? San Francisco is about 400 miles south of Grants Pass, although Grants Pass is only about 60 miles from the Northern border of California...:P

I've actually never been to California...my little sister moved there, though. :)

moxicarose

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.