bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shepherds  (Read 6027 times)

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
shepherds
« on: December 18, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »

I know i've read this here before but can't find it now thanks for any help on where it is in Isaiah.

Terry

Isaiah tells us that it is the "shepherds" that have LEAD GOD'S SHEEP ASTRAY. They will bear the greater accountability for their sins.

Let me know if you still have questions. God be with you always.

Sincerely,

Ray

Terry

mharrell08

Re: shepherds
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 10:28:30 AM »

I know i've read this here before but can't find it now thanks for any help on where it is in Isaiah.

Terry

Isa 56:10-11  His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

And also, Jeremiah has even more to say regarding the shepherds who lead people astray (Jer 10:21, 23:1, 50:6, etc.)

grapehound

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 10:46:03 AM »

Thank you Marques, that's a 'peach' of a scripture.

Every blessing

Grape

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »

One more additional, this excerpt from Ray's latest paper (http://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html):

SHEPHERDS OF ISRAEL

"My people hath been lost sheep: their SHEPHERDS have caused them to go astray, they have turned them" (Jer. 50:6)

"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! says the LORD. Therefore thus says the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, says the LORD" (Jer. 23:1-2)

Are the prophet's words of condemnation, ancient history only? The Shepherds of God's Church (the ministers & pastors) have always lead the flock astray.

"Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them... Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?" (Ezek. 34:2)

"As I live, says the Lord GOD, surely because My flock became a prey, and My flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did My shepherds search for my flock, but the SHEPHERDS fed themselves, and fed not my flock; Thus says the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require My flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them" (Ezek. 34:8-10)

This is not just ancient history of Israel, but this is also prophecy for us today and the future. There is only one major difference between the shepherds of the past and the shepherds over the Church today, that is, it has gotten worse.

"Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter" (Isaiah 56:11)

That sounds like the ministers and clerics of the "Prosperity Gospel" in today's mega churches, doesn't it?

"Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes ye principal [Heb: 'illustrious leaders'] of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel. And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal [illustrious leaders] of the flock to escape" (Jer. 25:34-35).

Can one even imagine what it would be like to be a spiritual Shepherd over one of God's congregations, and have Him speak like this to YOU!? Of course, most of the modern "Shepherds" of God's sheep don't even know that these Scriptures are condemning them. Modern ministers of the Church think that all these Scriptures are nothing but ancient history and do not apply to them at all.

Marques

grapehound

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 11:01:46 PM »

Thanks Marques

Terry

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 11:16:17 AM »

Thanks Marques,after a family reunion of about six weeks or so my aunt who is about 70 have been talking about scriptures and when i told her how God has opened my eyes and called me out of the church and what it teaches shes even more sure i'm going to hell,i must say i was eagar to debate her at first to let my light shine so to speak( as Ray would say bad mistake palface) this has gone nowhere.No matter what i show her she can't see it,everything she believes is centered around hell and torment,of course this is not new to me now but on the other hand i'm so blessed because my wife Brenda also sees and believes as i do now and the funny thing is as i read Rays material and Jesus reveiled him self to me i would share with her(my wife) and we are basking in the wonderment of it all,well anyway Marques i was only going to say thanks for the info don't know how i got on all this but i know its of God as it seems its all i can think of 24/7 anymore,God bless you and everyone at BT and their family and may God reveil himself evermore to his called out ones that we may be the salt and the light.
God Bless
Terry
Terry

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »

Terry,

Here is your answer from Jesus Christ Himself.

Luk 15: 3-7 (CLV)
3 Now He told them this parable, saying, 4 What man of you, having a hundred sheep, and losing one of them, is not leaving the ninety-nine in the wilderness and is going after the lost one, till he may be finding it?
5 And finding it, he is placing it on his shoulders, rejoicing."

6 And, coming into the house, he is calling together the friends and the neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice together with me that I found my sheep that was lost!'" 7 I am saying to you that thus there will be joy in heaven over one sinner repenting, more than over the ninety-nine just persons who have no need of repentance."

george.

AK4

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »

I have a brother who just became a deacon at a baptist church and it troubles me badly that he is one of these shepards.  Ive tried to have some studies with him and i have even given him some copies of Rays writings but when i ask him if he read any of it he says "no i just threw em away".  :'(

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 01:33:21 PM »

Thanks Marques,after a family reunion of about six weeks or so my aunt who is about 70 have been talking about scriptures and when i told her how God has opened my eyes and called me out of the church and what it teaches shes even more sure i'm going to hell,i must say i was eagar to debate her at first to let my light shine so to speak( as Ray would say bad mistake palface) this has gone nowhere.No matter what i show her she can't see it,everything she believes is centered around hell and torment,of course this is not new to me now but on the other hand i'm so blessed because my wife Brenda also sees and believes as i do now and the funny thing is as i read Rays material and Jesus reveiled him self to me i would share with her(my wife) and we are basking in the wonderment of it all,well anyway Marques i was only going to say thanks for the info don't know how i got on all this but i know its of God as it seems its all i can think of 24/7 anymore,God bless you and everyone at BT and their family and may God reveil himself evermore to his called out ones that we may be the salt and the light.
God Bless
Terry

I'm with you there, brother. My mind races daily on Scriptures now.. In fact, it seems like every morning I wake up I've been given a new subject or thought to ponder on throughout the day.

Terry

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 09:01:39 AM »

Thanks George as always its about the many and the few i must say that i'm in awe in that the Lord has opened my eyes that i might see these spiritual truths.i feel some what like Paul not that i'm a great Apostle as he was but the greatest sinner.i'm the oldest of four children the other three always lived good lives,my brother a preacher,my two sisters always seemed to have good moral standard,but as long as i can remember i have always loved bar rooms and believe me everything that goes with it and yet it's me that God has called to see his wonderful truths,and i say this with as much humbleness as i know how,i think i use to feel proud at first(Prideful) but not anymore i just long for my loved ones to know these truths that we can sit and talk about these wonderful treasures.While i don't care for bar rooms anymore and a lot that go's with it(notice i didn't say all that goes with it) as i still have much to over come i'll be 58 next month and i don't know how i could live long enough to over come all the sins in my life but as i understand it that's up to God not me.
-----------------------------------
Hudson

i here you Hudson ain't it great my brain feels like that little pac-man game where the little man goes around eating the enemy i like to think that when we meditate on scriptures that spritural man is going throughout my mind destroying that sinful nature.

----------------
I know i don't post much and the reason is i feel i'm not ready, for now i feel more comfotable just reading,in the past when i'd post even the next day i could see the carnal in my post i hate carnal,so you guys keep on in the Lord and know though i don't say it much and have never met any here physically i Love you ALL by the Spirit of God.

Blessing
Terry
Terry

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 01:16:17 PM »

Good morning Terry,

It's great to hear from you and a little more of your history and your progress with God.

I'm 75 and have 4 children and a wife who understands more than she admits to and who has been a real blessing to me in many ways. It was she who patiently opened my eyes to see the unfairness of the tithing system we endured in WCG and who stood by me even when I was allowing my ego to lead me by the nose. She has truly been my chief counselor and I am blessed to have been joined to her 50 years ago...

Please let us hear from you again and thanks for sharing.

Indianabob
Plymouth, IN
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.