bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: generations of Christ  (Read 5346 times)

sparkyman481

generations of Christ
« on: July 06, 2006, 12:14:55 AM »

hello all,

has anyone done any studies on the generations on Jesus in matthew and luke.
why do they not match.

Lightseeker

Re: generations of Christ
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 01:05:30 AM »

Sparky,

Here's my take.  Luke is the geneology of the son of man (after the flesh).  And Matthew is the geneology of the son of God (after the spirit).  Luke is the lineage through Mary (since His physical father wasn't Joseph), and that lineage physically goes back to the first Adam.   Matthew is the lineage of 'promise' through Joseph and that's why it starts with 'the promise' to Abraham for a Messiah.

Hope that helps.

knuckle

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 08:28:52 AM »

Hi all------------

I agree Lightseeker,Matthew's geneology is about a promise.If you count the number of names,one will find that the promise is still being fulfilled.

much love-------------knuckle

Lightseeker

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 06:05:27 PM »

Knuckle,

If you count the number of names,one will find that the promise is still being fulfilled.

You've peaked my interest here Knuckle.  Elaborate a little for me.

knuckle

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 08:58:03 PM »

Hi all---------------

As every one here on the BT forum  knows,the bible is inerrant,the perfect Word of God.There are no mistakes to be found within it's pages,so when we come across statements that seem to be inaccurate,that stick out,you can believe that there is a reason and significance that was planned by the book's inspirer---God.The same is true for any mathematics and accounting in the text.With that in mind lets look at something...........

Matt 1:17 "So all the generations from Abraham to David are FOURTEEN generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are FOURTEEN
generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon into CHRIST are FOURTEEN generations."

Now if you take out your bible and read the names you will find that something is amiss.We should end up with 42 generations with Christ being the 42nd name on the list.But He isn't.Christ is infact number 41.There is one generation missing.So who is number 42?Who is THIS generation?Who are Christ's decendents and bare His name?Listen Up CHRISTains I am talking about you.

Isaiah 53;8-10 "He was taken from prison and from judgment: and WHO SHALL DECLARE HIS GENERATION? for He was cut off out of the land of the living: for the
transgression of my people was He stricken. And He made His grave with the wicked, and with the rich in His death; because He had done no violence, neither
was any deceit in His mouth. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him, He hath put Him to grief, when thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin, HE SHALL
SEE HIS SEED, HE SHALL PROLONG HIS DAYS, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand."

Psalm22:30-31 ''A seed shall serve Him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for A GENERATION. They shall come, and shall DECLARE HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS unto a people
that shall be born, that He hath done this."

I Peter 2:9 . . . "BUT YE ARE A CHOSEN GENERATION, a royal
priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

Now here is the icing on the cake-----Rev.11:15----"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of OUR LORD AND OF HIS CHRIST; and He shall reign forever and ever."

Now if Jesus is LORD then WHO is His Christ?-------Psalms 2--"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord,
and against His anointed (Christ), saying, Let us break THEIR bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh; the
Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my HOLY HILL
OF ZION. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, THOU ART MY SON: this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the
heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. THOU SHALT BREAK THEM WITH A ROD OF IRON: THOU SHALT
DASH THEM IN PIECES LIKE A POTTER'S VESSEL."

The annointed,the overcomer,the few,the chosen,the body  OF CHRIST----this is the 42nd generation 

Much love--------------knuckle

Lightseeker

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 11:29:40 PM »

KNUCKLE,

I do remember studying something along those lines before.  I think they explained it differently but don't really remember.

As every one here on the BT forum  knows,the bible is inerrant,the perfect Word of God.There are no mistakes to be found within it's pages,so when we come across statements that seem to be inaccurate,that stick out,you can believe that there is a reason and significance that was planned by the book's inspirer---God.

This is a bit off the thread but which "inerrant bible" are you talking about?  I think Ray has said something like 'none of them is right' and I agree.  There are plenty of mistakes to be found and some have not yet been found IMO.  You make a statement at the end of the quote which is all important I think.  You say, "the book's inspirer---God."   God did inspire it but He didn't write it...men inspired by Him did.  Then, men who weren't inspired...or sometimes not Spirit baptized (just theologically smart with fancy degrees) then recopied and retranslated and reinterpreted the handed down written copies...wrong.  And it's been downhill from there.

Even Jeremiah told the people, who were believing they had a flawless written law, that they were deceived.

[RSV,NAS] JER 8:8  "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. 
[NIV] JER 8:8  "'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely
[YLT] JER 8:8  How do ye say, We {are} wise, And the law of Jehovah {is} with us? Surely, lo, falsely it hath wrought, The false pen of scribes. 
[KJV] JER 8:8  How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain. 

There were many denominations of Jews (thousands of yrs. ago) having differing doctrinal beliefs and their scribes would translate the original and tweak it so it better fit their doctrinal slants.  Just like today,but instead of Baptists and Pentecostals ect they had the Masoretics the Deuteronomists and the Yawehists ect.  As you look at the above translations, of the same verse, you can plainly see that they're all saying basically the same thing:

>:( The scribes twisted the law as it was written, and copied it into a lie.   ???
So the bible itself settles the issue of "inerrancy" for me.  I hope that doesn't offend you Knuckle, but I do hope this gives you something to ponder for a bit.  For me I trust in one thing only...and when Mary pulled the covers on the crib to show the Word of God to the wisemen...she didn't say, "LOOK...A BOOK!"  My trust is in the babe and not the book.   ;D

orion77

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 11:35:59 PM »

Hi all---------------

As every one here on the BT forum  knows,the bible is inerrant,the perfect Word of God.There are no mistakes to be found within it's pages,so when we come across statements that seem to be inaccurate,that stick out,you can believe that there is a reason and significance that was planned by the book's inspirer---God.The same is true for any mathematics and accounting in the text.With that in mind lets look at something...........

Matt 1:17 "So all the generations from Abraham to David are FOURTEEN generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are FOURTEEN
generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon into CHRIST are FOURTEEN generations."

Now if you take out your bible and read the names you will find that something is amiss.We should end up with 42 generations with Christ being the 42nd name on the list.But He isn't.Christ is infact number 41.There is one generation missing.So who is number 42?Who is THIS generation?Who are Christ's decendents and bare His name?Listen Up CHRISTains I am talking about you.

Isaiah 53;8-10 "He was taken from prison and from judgment: and WHO SHALL DECLARE HIS GENERATION? for He was cut off out of the land of the living: for the
transgression of my people was He stricken. And He made His grave with the wicked, and with the rich in His death; because He had done no violence, neither
was any deceit in His mouth. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him, He hath put Him to grief, when thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin, HE SHALL
SEE HIS SEED, HE SHALL PROLONG HIS DAYS, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand."

Psalm22:30-31 ''A seed shall serve Him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for A GENERATION. They shall come, and shall DECLARE HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS unto a people
that shall be born, that He hath done this."

I Peter 2:9 . . . "BUT YE ARE A CHOSEN GENERATION, a royal
priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

Now here is the icing on the cake-----Rev.11:15----"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of OUR LORD AND OF HIS CHRIST; and He shall reign forever and ever."

Now if Jesus is LORD then WHO is His Christ?-------Psalms 2--"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord,
and against His anointed (Christ), saying, Let us break THEIR bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh; the
Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my HOLY HILL
OF ZION. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, THOU ART MY SON: this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the
heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. THOU SHALT BREAK THEM WITH A ROD OF IRON: THOU SHALT
DASH THEM IN PIECES LIKE A POTTER'S VESSEL."

The annointed,the overcomer,the few,the chosen,the body  OF CHRIST----this is the 42nd generation 

Much love--------------knuckle

Great post, knuckle.

Very much appreciated, always good to learn.  Thank you.

God bless,

Gary

chrissiela

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 01:33:14 AM »

Very good post knuckle!  ;D

If memory serves me correctly, Ray used to have an article on his website entitled "42nd Generation". I believe it was written by Bill Britton and if (again) I recall corectly, it was quite good. I think it was part of a larger collection/article, but I am not sure of that. Your post reminded me of it though.

Blessings,
Chrissie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.