bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: There's this ONE thing....  (Read 10065 times)

karenmarie

Re: There's this ONE thing....
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 11:43:18 AM »

Mark, same for me! I was rethinking this thread after I posted earlier, and decided that maybe, actually, the MAIN thing I learned at Bible Truths was that God is Supreme, author of good and evil both, and that everything, EVERYTHING, is ordained by Him. Yes, that was taught to me in church, (weelll, God as creator of evil has always been skipped over in the bible readings), but

at the same time, so much "power" was given over to Satan, and in my mind, and I think in most minds, we see our reality as an epic battle between good and evil, between God and the forces of darkness, with God eventually winning, of course, but it will be a grim fight until the end...

This kept a running dread in me, underneath at all times, that I had to pray for protection, and fight evil, and be on the alert always. The devil might get me or mine if I wasn't vigilant in prayer or tithing or doing church work or...
And then the subtle manipulations to make sure my loved ones got saved. Oy

Now I see. I see that God is in total control, always has been, always will be, He is the author and finisher. The good and the bad are part of His plan. I can really rest in that assurance!!!

Karen

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 03:15:29 AM »

I can't nail it down to one thing. Sure there was something that started it all but it has been one thing after another since the beginning. It's what it was, what it is and what it will be. I suppose that that could be all together the one thing.
Stacey

emkayfey

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 09:52:16 AM »

Indeed, there's this ONE thing.
I was searching for scriptures online to encourage my congregation to tithe, one thing led to the other (you know what it's like when searching/researching online) I found myself at Amazon, and then at Bible truths website. The rest they say, is history.

The next Sunday, I started teaching some of these truths in the church, but the headquarters would have none of it (I wrote to them to respond to the trinity and Tithe contradictions - they failed to address the content of my letter),  eventually my assistant pastor left and I eventually packed it all up.  -One family from the church now believe these with me, but still always wanting to be taught.

As a pastor then, there are questions I could not answer and there are answers I have given and just afterwards ask myself more questions afterwards. But it's all making sense now.

I have sent up to 50 of Ray's writeups to friends/relatives/church members - all Christians. NOT ONE PERSON HAS RESPONDED WITH REASONED SCRIPTURES, I mean, NOT ONE!

I was glad to meet Ray at the 2009 conference, and even see his Study, it just added flesh to it all.  I am grateful.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:20:45 AM by emkayfey »

emkayfey

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 05:37:20 AM »

Nice hearing from you, Glad your son is getting it.

It is not really suprising to me again that they fail to respond scripturally, afterall, I wrote to John Hagee himself pointing his attention to Rays writing (I shared this with the forum then) and I only got a one liner response of how BUSY (doing what?!) he is.  but I still keep sending Ray's writing to my friends, family and others anyway. When it's God's time, they will get the message.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.