bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for our Families  (Read 3206 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayer for our Families
« on: December 23, 2010, 08:25:28 PM »

Probably some of you, like me, are going to be with family in the next few days. And you may have had a hard year with family who God is letting wander in their wilderness. And you want this time together to be a time where you can pour out the love and joy and kindness of our Lord.  I would like to join you in prayer for your family time as I request your prayers for my family, and our willingness to be poured out in any way God sees fit.
 I'm praying all of us travel safe and God lights our way.

lauriellen

Re: Prayer for our Families
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 12:36:44 AM »

A beautiful thought & gesture. Thanks for thinking of us & prayers & blessings to you.
lauriellen

lostANDfound

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 01:31:02 AM »

i find this time of year harder every year.  the more my eyes are opened, the less appealing i find all the tinsel.  so much holding of the tongue when i feel like preaching about consumerism, paganism, etc.  i'd love to add my prayer to yours.  for overflowing love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control.  for us all! 

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 02:45:33 AM »

Yes, lostAndfound, those are the gifts that will last, that will not burn up but live on. Sometimes, kindness is displayed in something thoughtful to do and to give, joy in the good news of the gospel that we share, peace in the hope of a redeemed world, patience as we wait for others to have open eyes, goodness in meeting the needs of those in want, gentleness in our speech, self control in  the ability to bridle our tongue and put our faith to work for our loving Savior. The world gives tinsel. I have had my share of tinsel and I understand how easy it is for us (for me) to throw tinsel and pretty up a dead tree in our living room; like dressing up an empty gospel, an empty life and pronouncing them good. But our war is not with the season or the lights or the decorations. It is with the powers of this world. Thanks be to God it is no war at all, for all is in His hands. We are just to remain faithful in our love for Him and others.
 Take heart, for He has overcome all the nonsense and can make even the foolish things of this world bow down.
 Have a really lovely day, because He made it and we get to REJOICE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.