bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parable of the Unforgiving Servant  (Read 11459 times)

Foxx

Re: Parable of the Unforgiving Servant
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »

Very well explained, Kat! I really enjoyed reading your contribution to this thread. I love reading more and more things like this.

I really would like to be able to find a version of the Bible that has all the words correctly translated, that is to say, at least the most important ones. Sheol, Aion, Torture, Torment,  and removing the section of 1 John: 7. I've looked around online but basically its picking one or the other in most cases. One may correctly translated something but then teach the same awful doctrine as the rest.

judith collier

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 04:16:46 AM »

Linny, what you wrote in one sentence struck me. I never saw jealousy of the prodigal son returning before as a reason for some church memebers continuing to believe in eternal punishment. I mean the comparison was revealing to me. I guess I never thought about it much and just figured they believed in the big hell scene because of their biblical interpretations. You showed me a motive that fuels that belief. Jealousy!
thanks, judy

Foxx

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 12:15:13 PM »

Hey Judy,

Yes, it most def seems like a part of Christian doctrine to condemn others when we are not supposed to. Judge not lest ye be judged...that type of thing. But the whole of Christian society does feel that they are entitled to the rewards of heaven for living a "good" life and believing in Jesus. They don't want the sinners, the Hitlers, the Stalins, the mormons, the jews, the terrorists, the branch dividians, etc to "get into heaven" because now they aren't "special" any longer, how disgusting and selfish.

The prodigal son tells the son who remained loyal that he will receive all that his father has but the sinning son was still welcomed back later...and you're right, the loyal son was mad about it. I don't think people truly get the meaning of this parable.

God Bless!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.