bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer cloth  (Read 5339 times)

phillip78

prayer cloth
« on: December 23, 2010, 01:14:49 AM »

daywalker

Re: prayer cloth
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 02:18:44 PM »

That's pretty funny, man  ;D

phillip78

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 06:20:24 AM »

So you were able to go to the link? I wasn't sure if the link worked or not.

Yea, that fits modern day Christianity to a "T"

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 04:36:08 PM »

So you were able to go to the link? I wasn't sure if the link worked or not.

Yea, that fits modern day Christianity to a "T"

Lol, yep...

I had to copy/paste the link into the browser, but then it worked

firefly77

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »

Priceless!!! ;D
Can you believe that I belonged to the TBN family years ago? Once a person has sent them money, they are like a leech, firmly attached to you. I can move from state to state and leave no forwarding address; they have a way of catching up with me eventually >:(.

daywalker

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »

Priceless!!! ;D
Can you believe that I belonged to the TBN family years ago? Once a person has sent them money, they are like a leech, firmly attached to you. I can move from state to state and leave no forwarding address; they have a way of catching up with me eventually >:(.

Hahaha... Same thing happened to me after I sent $$ (one time) to the Crystal Cathedral ministry located in Orange County, Ca. They have a Sunday morning show I used to watch when I lived in San Marcos (North San Diego County). I later moved back to OC, then back out to San Diego to a city named Ramona. About 6 months later I received a letter from them, basically saying, 'hey, we noticed you haven't given us money lately. If you want to send us money, we'll give you a little trinket.' I read it, laughed out loud, ripped it up and threw it away...

Christopher  8)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 06:56:28 PM »

Then these 'ministries' will quite often sell their mailing lists to others because if you give to one of them the pleas start to come out of the woodwork.  The dummies must of never have figured out that people on their mailing lists might start to give to the competition.  About 10 years ago I gave some dollars to the local Christian radio station and have never given since then.  I still get invites to contribute with their share-a-thons as well as other requests for money.  I was giving monthly to one group to support overseas missionaries and when my year was finished (after I had read Ray's tithing papers) I quit giving to them and instead started to help fund a more worthy internet organization and those folks were not happy with me.  I told them I didn't want any more of their materials but I still get it all like clockwork just towards the first of the month. (I guess they figure we have money at the start of the month.  LOL)  I hate thinking like this but I wonder when I see the tv commercials for I think it's the 'International Child Care Fund' (Used to be called Christian Child Care Fund) and you see this rotund gentleman with a white beard walking amongst the slum kids with sad faces and I notice that this guy is very well fed obviously and I can't help wonder how much in the way of resources actually goes to these kids and not into the coffers of the people running the place.

phillip78

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 11:22:06 AM »

I was wondering the same thing Arion. :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.