bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeking  (Read 4332 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Seeking
« on: July 06, 2006, 10:17:23 AM »

I come from a very religious Christian background.  My family went to church through most of my childhood, and most of the churches were southern baptist.  There was a time in my life where I was so involved in church activities that I was spending 3 to 4 days with my church.  I don't regret it one bit.  But now sadly I have fallen away some.  I am 29 years old and have only heard the doctrine of hell and brimstone and few will make it to heaven.  A couple of years ago my very open-minded knowledge-seeking cousin told me that he didn't believe in hell anymore.  I was astonished!  What?  I had never heard a friend or family member of mine ever question the traditional beliefs that are so deeply ingrained in our small southern town.  I disagreed with him respectfully.  But I told him that I was willing to listen to what he had to say about it.  He has touched on it some but really didn't go to indepth with it much.  ; So I happened apon your website and I was blown away.  It is in my heart that I need to seek the truth whatever it is.. and I am giving your theories careful attention.  I'm not willing to jump into any theories too quickly as I am seeking truth and with my open-mind I hope that God will reveal to me what I should believe.  I must say though you are very knowledgeable and convincing.  I will spend a lot of time going over what you have to say.  And I admire your courage.  It can't be easy to go against the establishment like this.  If my baptist preacher brother knew that I was even considering this he would be bothered by it.  But it's in the search for Truth.  Isn't that what it's all about?  Also if I might add... I'm very disappointed by the Hateful words that have been spoken to you from angry emailers.  Supposed Reverends and the like shouldn't be that way.  Shame on them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.