bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Luke 7:22  (Read 3876 times)

jingle52

Luke 7:22
« on: December 28, 2010, 08:18:37 AM »

While I was reading  Luke 7:22 the following analogy popped into my mind and I  apologise beforehand if its nonsense or a misunderstanding on my part, I will not be offended if corrected, this is just how I saw this verse.  :-\

22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached

a) how that the blind see:  when we by God’s grace are given ears to hear
b) the lame walk: after been given the grace for understanding His Word, we are able to start our walk on the path of righteousness, repenting and changing our lives for the better
c) the lepers are cleansed: all those are now been cleansed (or in the process of being cleansed) of their old beliefs taught in their previous churches
d) the deaf hear: all those who are now able to hear the True Word of God the New Testament/Gospel
e) dead are raised: all those who are In Christ are given life at the first resurrection
f) to the poor the gospel is preached: all God’s saints and elect will teach those of the second resurrection when all the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Glory of the Lord (Hab12:14)and then

Rev.21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain 8)

God's Blessings

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Luke 7:22
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 11:27:40 AM »

Hi jingle52

You are "seeing" that the Scriptures have meaning in Spiritual terms applicable to inward understanding, as Christ dawns in your heart.

Thank you for sharing.

Blessings
Arc

grapehound

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 06:42:04 PM »

Works for me!

jingle52

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 06:44:33 AM »

Thanks Arc and Grape for the encouraging words!!!
May you and the members of this Forum, the Mods and our Teacher Ray and his family have a Peaceful and Blessed New Year In Christ Our Lord and Saviour!

grapehound

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 07:46:54 AM »

Thanks Jingle, you too!

x
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.