bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: His tapestry is beautiful and NOT random  (Read 6089 times)

tamaralv

His tapestry is beautiful and NOT random
« on: December 30, 2010, 02:24:55 AM »

Hi All,

I came across this on my APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) and wanted to share it with you. I hope it's ok that I included a link in order to be able to show you the picture. It's amazing! What I think is really interesting is the "Explaination" that was under the picture  :D

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap101227.html

One Million Galaxies

Credit: 2MASS, T. H. Jarrett, J. Carpenter, & R. Hurt

Explanation: Are the nearest galaxies distributed randomly? A plot of over one million of the brightest "extended sources" detected by the Two Micron All Sky Survey (2MASS) shows that they are NOT. The vast majority of these infrared extended sources are galaxies. Visible above is an incredible tapestry of structure that provides limits on how the universe formed and evolved. Many galaxies are gravitationally bound together to form clusters, which themselves are loosely bound into superclusters, which in turn are sometimes seen to align over even larger scale structures. In contrast, very bright stars inside our own Milky Way Galaxy cause the vertical blue sash.

Psalm 147:4 
He counts the number of the stars;  
He calls them all by name.

Praise God! Love to you all,

Tammy

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
Re: His tapestry is beautiful and NOT random
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 02:47:49 AM »

I wear my sunglasses at night!

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

cjwood

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 03:34:55 AM »

... In contrast, very bright stars inside our own Milky Way Galaxy cause the vertical blue sash.

hi tamara.  the picture on the link is so beautiful.  i found it very interesting how all those galaxies are bound together and our galaxy is like a blue sash, an obi (oriental sash to a robe) if you like, tying all the other galaxies together.  our Father Creator is so Absolutely Awesome!

Praise Him all Creation!

claudia

tamaralv

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »

Hi Claudia! What really caught my eye was in the explaination. Many would have us believe that there is no design and therefore no Designer. We know different though, don't we? NASA doesn't really know what they just admitted! Lol It's a most beautiful design created by the Ultimate Designer :o)

DougE6

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 02:09:50 AM »

What is really interesting is the plan, the seeds of this galactic structure were present in the first millionths of billionths of a second from the creation event, the Big Bang. As the universe has unfolded from that original tiny dot "singularity", racing ever outwards at speeds possibly even greater than the speed of light as you approach the extreme "edges" over the last 15 billion years all the order, the clusters, the super clusters, all this structure, came to be just as it was programmed to be, from the very beginning!

All the atomic elements, all the laws of physics, chemistry, mathematics, all were present in that primordial fireball and conspired together to bring into being through stellar evolution and the interplay of the four fundamental forces of nature everything that is.  It was the greatest display of overwhelming power, design, process, engineering, intelligence, creativity, thought, and purpose that can hardly be comprehended by our minds.

And the most neat thing about it? It all had to be, just as it is, for mankind to arrive on the scene 15 billion years after the event began.  The entire purpose of this grand creation was one...for God to bring mankind into being, and for mankind to come into being without violating any natural law whatsoever.  In that God orchestrated and shepherded this entire cosmos, and it had to be as big as it is, as old as it is, as grand as it is...every galaxy has a purpose, every atom has a purpose, to be part of the plan, the making of mankind so God could make a family, to make the physical home for incredibly complex life called man, so God could begin to make his family.  All those clusters and super clusters, they all effect one another, they control the  rate of expansion, they create long term stabilities and instabilities, depending on where, so that the process to make earth, to make the elements, to create a nice home on a rocky planet on a stable spiral arm with a great view of the cosmos yet protected by from the chaotic center of this galaxy...all that you see in that photo is what was necessary to be so that we can exist.

Science is starting to understand that yes the earth is the center of the universe...it is the point of the whole shebang!

tamaralv

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »

And just think, if we were a mirofraction off, one way or the other, we wouldn't be here! His creation is truly AMAZING, the way everything works together so perfectly! You'll all have to forgive me. I get blown away by the "little" things from time to time.  ;) 

DougE6

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 04:16:53 AM »

Yes, just the smallest microfraction difference and we would not be here.  For example, of the four fundamental forces of the universe, gravity is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (OK 1 million million million million million million) times weaker than the electomagnetic forces between atoms. This is a HUGE number and fantastically smaller force.  Gravity only can come into play when you have huge accretions of matter as it is so weak.  Why is this important? Lets say gravity was only 1 million million million million million times weaker rather than the above. Then the number of atoms to make a star would be 1 billion times less in this imaginary universe. Planet masses, including the earth would also have to be scaled down by a billion. gravity would crush everything, even insects would need incredibly thick legs. Galaxies would form far more quickly, stars would not be widely dispersed causing frequent collisions. heat would leak from stars far more quickly the stars would last a millions times shorter, about 10,000 years. No time whatsoever for the complex evolution God orchestrated.  (just 6 numbers Martin Rees)

Or how about the density of the universe, as from the stucture of the galaxies and dark matter. There is a certain density, called the critical density, which is the density which is just enough to stop the universe from expanding but not enough to cause it to collapse into itself.  The current value is about 30 perecent of critical density.  But if you extrapolate back into time, a 30%  critical density now translates into 99.9999999999999999 percent of critical density one second after the big bang!!!!!!! That is amazing close to the limit of 100% one part in a million billion more and the whole shebang would of collapsed.  If the density at one second would of been say 99.9% of critical at 1 second then the density now would be millions of times less.  The universe would of expanded to fast for galaxies to form, or stars, for that matter.  So even the smallest change in initial conditions would of resulted in a universe full of black holes instead of stars, or a tenuous gas filled universe instead  of stars and planets, A millionth of a millionth difference one way or the other would of doomed the universe from the start. (purose guided universe Haisch)

servias

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »

Its nuts how critical all this is!  In simpler terms I always think,  how much closer can we go towards the sun before we burn up, or farther away before we freeze.  What if a Day was 25 hours or 23 hours?  What if the earth did not tilt for our four seasons?  Crops need the seasons to provide food.  Winter and summer kind of bring a balance of the overall global climate and temperature to keep things in order.  All these things are too particular to just happen.  And like Doug points too many right things had to happen for creation to even occur properly. 
Who am I to complain if my heater is not keeping up!!!  ;D

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 04:00:07 AM »

Who am I to complain if my heater is not keeping up!!! 

hahahahaha, hilarious dantheman!!!

claudia

tamaralv

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 04:06:50 PM »

Has anyone seen the documentary "The Privledged Planet" or read the book? I found it on YouTube several months ago and spent part of yesturday watching it again.  It's worth looking at if you have some extra time and the interest. I thank you guys for your comments! It was Doug's post that drove me to YouTube looking for a way to understand what he'd just written! ;)

DougE6

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 02:47:58 AM »

HiTammy

I have the book and the CD! But then I love this kind of stuff.  Just for the fun of it, I will add the following more info showing how Gods tapestry is beautiful and not random.  I am taking this from another book I have, called "The Fingerprint of God" by Hugh Ross.

This is concerning the sun earth moon system, not the entire cosmos as the other posts.  The following is a list of parameters that all have to fall within a narrow boundary to not disturb a planets capability to support life...

1.  Number of stars in the planetary system
 if more than one then tidal disruptions would disrupt planetary orbits
if less than one insufficient heat produced for life

2.  parent star birth date
if more recent star would not have reached a stable burning phase
if less recent stellar system would not yet contain enough heavy elements

3. parent star age
if older luminosity of star would change too quickly
if younger luminosity of star also would change too quickly

4.  parent star distance from center of galaxy
if farther quantity of heavy elements insufficient to make rocky planets
if closer  stellar density and radiation would be too great

5.  parent star mass
if greater  luminosity would change too quickly star would burn too rapidly
if less tidal forces would disrupt rotational period for a planet of the right distance, uv radiation would be inadequate for plants to make sugars and oxygen

6.  parent star color
if redder photosynthesis would be insufficient
if bluer photosynthesis also insufficient

7.  surface gravity
if stronger atmosphere would retain too much ammonia and methane
if weaker planets atmosphere would lose too much water

8.  planet distance from parent star
if farther planet would be to cool for stable water cycle
if closer planet would be too warm for stable water cycle

9.  axial tilt
if greater surface temperature difference would be too great
if less  surface temp differences also too great

10.  rotation period
if longer  diurnal temp difference too great
if shorter  atmospheric wind velocities too great

11.  gravitational interaction with moon
if greater tidal effects on ocean atmosphere rotational period too severe
if less orbital obliquity changes would cause climatic instabilities

12.  magnetic field
if stronger electromagnetic storms too severe
if weaker inadequate protection from hard stellar radiation

13 thickness of crust
if thicker too much oxygen would be transferred from atmosphere to crust
if thinner volcanic and tectonic activity would be too great

14.  albedo(ratio of reflected light to total amount falling on surface)
if greater runaway ice age would develop
if less runaway green house effect would develop

15.  oxygen to nitrogen ratio in atmosphere
if larger advanced life functions would proceed to quickly
if smaller advanced life functions would proceed to slowly

16.  carbon dioxide and water vapor in atmosphere
if greater  runaway greenhouse effect
if less greenhouse effect insufficient

17.  ozone level in atmosphere
if greater  surface temp would be too low
if lower  surface temp too high too much uv radiation at surface

18.  atmospheere electric discharge rate
if greater too much fire destruction would occur
if less too little nitrogen would be fixed into atmosphere

19.  oxygen quantity in atmosphere
if greater plants and hydrocarbons would burn up too easily
if less advanced animals would have too little to breathe

20.  sesmic activity
if greater too many life forms destroyed
if less nutrients on ocean floor would not be recycled to continents

Just these 20 parameters, not counting many others, safely lead to the conclusion that only a trillionth of a trillionth of a percent of all stars will have a planet capable of sustaining ADVANCED life

I think that makes our earth pretty darn special!!!

grapehound

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 08:54:18 AM »

Thanks for the photo Tammy.
Closest thing I've seen to a Human brain.

tamaralv

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 04:52:53 PM »

Doug,
Thank you for the last post! It really broke things down for me and I've been off on a little adventure discovering God's creation in the beautiful world and Universe surrounding our little miracle planet. I'm amazed at what's right in front of our eyes, yet most people miss it. I feel sad for those who can't see the perfect Creation of our loving Father and look forward to the day when ALL will see. I'll be looking for the book you mentioned and if there are any websites you would recommend those would be appreciated as well.

Grape, I really thought the same thing the first time I saw this picture. Gmta! ;o)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.