bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: all flesh  (Read 3955 times)

dave

all flesh
« on: January 01, 2011, 03:44:58 AM »

God said in Gen 6:19  And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
And then in Gen 6:20  Of the fowl after its kind, and of the cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every sort they come in unto thee, to keep alive.

And we know by reading that Gen 7:13  In this self-same day went in Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, sons of Noah, and Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them, unto the ark;
Gen 7:14  they, and every living creature after its kind, and every beast after its kind, and every creeping thing that is creeping on the earth after its kind, and every fowl after its kind, every bird--every wing.
Gen 7:15  And they come in unto Noah, unto the ark, two by two of all the flesh in which is a living spirit;
Gen 7:16  and they that are coming in, male and female of all flesh, have come in as God hath commanded him, and Jehovah doth close it for him.

My wondering is did Noah, since he was to take clean and unclean, was a human being, male and female other than Noah, his wife, Shem, Ham, and Japheth and their wives allowed into the ark?
It reads in  Gen 6:19  and of all that liveth, of all flesh, two of every sort thou dost bring in unto the ark, to keep alive with thee; male and female are they.

I realize it is a strange question, but reading  Gen 9:1  And God blesseth Noah, and his sons, and saith to them, `Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth;
Where did the tainting of the man begin if we read it was Noah and his wife, his sons and their wives?

dave

Re: all flesh
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 03:46:04 AM »

1Pe 3:20  who sometime disbelieved, when once the long-suffering of God did wait, in days of Noah--an ark being preparing--in which few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water;
It is interesting to note that "saved"in this verse is G1295
diasōzō
From G1223 and G4982; to save thoroughly, that is, (by implication or analogy) to cure, preserve, rescue, etc.: - bring safe, escape (safe), heal, make perfectly whole, save.
When 99% of the time G4982 is used. G4982
sōzō
From a primary word σῶς sōs̄ (contraction for the obsolete σάος saos, "safe"); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

I dont know, I heard a guy on TV say "all flesh" speaking of Noah and I was shaken. Why? Well all those other persons, human beings, souls that did not/would not hear Noah were all flesh as well as the fowl and the living creeping creatures, is that not so?

dave

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »

Let me rephrase I "heard" a guy on TV I was not listening.

I asking and wondering asking if there was 2 other human beings in the ark apart from Noah, his wife and their sons, sons' wives?
The writer says of "all flesh" so there two unclean  male and female of human beings taken aboard other than Noah, his wife and their sons, sons' wives?

And yes I know that the flood was local

Kat

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »

Hi Micah7:9,

It seems like to me that verse 14 limits who the "all" was in verse 15.

Gen 7:13  On the very same day Noah and Noah's sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark--
v. 14  they (Noah and his family) and every beast after its kind, all cattle after their kind, every creeping thing that creeps on the earth after its kind, and every bird after its kind, every bird of every sort.

So these things that are underlined are what was on the Ark and is what the "they" in verse 15 is referring to.

v. 15  And they went into the ark to Noah, two by two, of all flesh (That has just been mentioned in verse 14) in which is the breath of life.
v. 16  So those (That has just been mentioned in verse 14) that entered, male and female of all flesh (That has just mentioned in verse 14), went in as God had commanded him; and the LORD shut him in.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

dave

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »

I agree, I just thought at the time that the "all flesh" was quite curious so I brought it up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.