bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW CAN WE LOVE "IN SPIRIT"?  (Read 7062 times)

newborn

HOW CAN WE LOVE "IN SPIRIT"?
« on: January 06, 2011, 06:37:26 PM »

This may be a "childish" question for many.

But I'm just wondering....

1. If in Heaven, there's is absolutely no physical (which I believe)
How can we show each other LOVE?

2. I mean, in the kingdom of God, how can righteousness abide
without some form of physical manifestation?

3. If it's all spiritual, do we see each other in Heaven?

I don't doubt Ray's explanation on this site. I've read it ALL a couple of
times over. I JUST WANT THE THOUGHTS OF MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS
HERE ABOUT WHAT WOULD HEAVEN BE LIKE?

I know it will be the "GRANDEST OF ALL", no comparison.

EVEN PAUL WAS "HUMBLED BY GOD" WHEN HE WAS LIFTED UP TO HEAVEN...

I AM JUST SOOO EXCITED TO BE THERE AND SEE HOW IT FEELS TO BE ABLE
TO SEE GOD FACE TO FACE...AND LIVE FOREVER WITH HIM.

I want to have the reward, THIS IS MY ULTIMATE DREAM. ;-)

Kat

Re: HOW CAN WE LOVE "IN SPIRIT"?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »

Hi newborn,

This is something that has peaked my interest for a long time. To me the spiritual has to do with how we feel, what's in our heart, our attitude. We of course use these feelings in our physical manifestations now, but too often the carnal draws us towards the negative character traits, instead of the positive. When we enter the kingdom the physical will be gone and the carnal along with it and we will be united/one with God. I can see how we could very well show positive feelings (love, joy, kindness) to each other when we are spirit.

I am beginning to see how this physical is so limited and temporary. When God is all in all the spiritual will only be limited by God having removed the evil from it. How great will that be!! So it's hard to imagine, but I think there will be endless or ever expanding opportunities to experience. Just think with all the different personalities in the individual people that will be operating in the family of God, there are limitless possibilities.

Imagine how thrilling it will be to share things with another brother or sister. It would be an act of love to visit and share these things. If we are an Elect we may want to share an experience we had with those still in physical form with another Elect. What about those experiences we will be involved with concerning the wonders God has yet to show us? I don't think we will all be doing the same thing at the same time, so we might seek out someone to visit with and share with them some of the wonders we may have participated in. Just think if you ever got around to speaking to all the different humans about there experiences, well then everyone will continue to have more experiences that you could share with them anew, over and over and over again.

My my it just makes you so eager to see God put all things under His feet  :D

Rev 22:20  He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly."
    Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:25:26 PM by Kat »

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 08:25:34 PM »

Hi newborn,

I don't think that's a "childish" question. Don't we all have thoughts about how it's going to be? I used to think about these things before, but now for a while I haven't focused very much on them. We must hope for it and look forward to it, but the rest is up to God. He will surprise us again I believe.  ;D

Here are my thoughts on your questions:

1. There will be plenty of opportunity to share love and laughter and joy. Love will remain forever, for God is LOVE. I believe that what we feel and experience in this life, how it is now, is nothing compared to how we will enjoy our new life in the future. And that includes LOVE. But imagine this, even the (some times great) SUFFERINGS we experience now are nothing compared with the GLORY and JOY we will have then.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Rom 8:18)

2. It's going to be a body (superior to what we have now) there. But I don't think righteousness has anything to do with physical manifestation of a body. But bodies, yes there will be bodies.

It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body; there is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body; (1Cor 15:44)

3. I can't imagine that we will not have some kind of vision, or not be able to see anyone. That would be a bit lonely, don't you think? Are we going to move around in darkness ? I don't think so. The details are not touched upon in the Scriptures. After all, the most important thing is our hope and trust in what God has promised to do. Like Ray has said; we will not be in some frozen Han Solo state. There will be work to do, there will be challenges, there will be progress, never ending. And there will be joy, peace, love, all we are longing for and dreaming about. The ultimate dream, yes it certainly is.

God already made a physical universe, and it's absolutely incredible. Imagine how it will be when God creates again! Don't you think it will be even more amazing ?

And he that sat on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. (Rev 21:5)

Sure, we don't see how it will be now, but we already have our hands full understanding and dealing with this life. There's a time for everything, and that time will come when it's time for that.

But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. (Rom 8:25)

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

DougE6

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »

2Co 5:4  For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened--not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

Rom 8:23  And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

2Co 5:2  For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling,

As time goes on, the more  and more I can relate to the inward groaning, eagerly awaiting our redemption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.  Sometimes I feel it so strongly I think I am going to "fly away" right then and there  :) I think about it every day.

Heb 11:16  But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.

Eph 1:11  In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,
Eph 1:12  so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.
Eph 1:13  In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Eph 1:14  who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

We have an inheritance.  How amazing. Thank you Lord.  Truly as Erik said (and this is hard to keep in mind in this veil of tears)  Rom 8:18  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. I must keep that in mind.

I will remain in my caterpillar state as long as God has ordained, but I want to be the butterfly...and I think  in every way the butterfly far exceeds the caterpillar, and has a LOT BETTER VIEW, too of everything.  And butterflies are much more aware than caterpillars ever will be. And I truly think that is a small physical example of the completeness and beauty and higher level of the change that awaits us.

Co 15:51  Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53  For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.

Doug

olasupo jacobs

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 01:53:30 AM »

I will summarize all our longing, expectation, wondering and concern about heaven by the scripture below. i strongly believe that until we get there that is  when we are there ...till then keep hoping and let His spirit work through you
1Co 2:9  However, as the scripture says, "What no one ever saw or heard, what no one ever thought could happen, is the very thing God prepared for those who love him."
Hope that is seen is no more hope.....stay blessed

newborn

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 05:47:35 AM »

Thanks for all your thoughts...

It came to my interest because I am a person who wants to do everything
WITH PURPOSE.

If we want to achieve something, say like have a dream car, dream house,
travel around the world. WE WILL NOT STRIVE TO GO THRU THE HARDSHIPS
AND WORK, IF WE DON'T DESIRE TO "END RESULT".

That's what I'm doing right now, I AM LOOKING FOR THE REWARD AT THE
END, so I will be motivated always and FORGET ALL THE HARDSHIPS THAT
I AM EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW.

This is a tough life, a tough test...

This is the greatest challenge of our lives, THE GREATEST DISCIPLINE.

I've excelled academically... I want to be the best.
I've excelled athletically, in sports.
I've excelled in my career....

All this require discipline and a lot of patience and training...
It's hard... BUT..

BUT... MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, THE GREATEST CHALLENGE FOR
ME AND US (IN MY OPINION) IS THE TEST GOD IS GIVING US.

I've find it relatively easier to accomplish anything physical and in this
world.

But the "spiritual discipline" THIS IS THE GREATEST CHALLENGE.

I HAVE NEVER FOUGHT THE MOST CHALLENGING TEST IN MY LIFE.

It's so tough, it's feels like this is the only battle I almost CAN'T WIN.

It's not like studying...you can rest..
It's not like sports...you don't do it everyday...
It's not like your career... it's only 8 hrs. a day...

IT'S AS LONG AS YOU'RE AWAKE, ALIVE... YOU HAVE TO KEEP FIGHTING.
THERE IS NO RESTING, EVERYWHERE YOU GO, THERE IS A CHALLENGE.

It's the toughest challenge ever!

This I know I can't do by myself...

Only God can help me overcome this world...

I am still hopeful, I am looking forward to HIS PROMISE.

Thank you all for your LOVE!
Thanking God for the support I am having here ;-)

GODBLESS US ALL!

dave

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »

Hi newborn,

This is something that has peaked my interest for a long time. To me the spiritual has to do with how we feel, what's in our heart, our attitude. We of course use these feelings in our physical manifestations now, but too often the carnal draws us towards the negative character traits, instead of the positive. When we enter the kingdom the physical will be gone and the carnal along with it and we will be united/one with God. I can see how we could very well show positive feelings (love, joy, kindness) to each other when we are spirit.

I am beginning to see how this physical is so limited and temporary. When God is all in all the spiritual will only be limited by God having removed the evil from it. How great will that be!! So it's hard to imagine, but I think there will be endless or ever expanding opportunities to experience. Just think with all the different personalities in the individual people that will be operating in the family of God, there are limitless possibilities.

Imagine how thrilling it will be to share things with another brother or sister. It would be an act of love to visit and share these things. If we are an Elect we may want to share an experience we had with those still in physical form with another Elect. What about those experiences we will be involved with concerning the wonders God has yet to show us? I don't think we will all be doing the same thing at the same time, so we might seek out someone to visit with and share with them some of the wonders we may have participated in. Just think if you ever got around to speaking to all the different humans about there experiences, well then everyone will continue to have more experiences that you could share with them anew, over and over and over again.

My my it just makes you so eager to see God put all things under His feet  :D

Rev 22:20  He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly."
    Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

mercy, peace and love
Kat

EXCITING is the WORD! :)

Kat

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »

Hi Newborn,

I certainly know what you are saying and totally agree.

Hi John,

1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
v. 51  Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--
v. 52  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1John 3:2  Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

John 4:24  God is Spirit...

John 3:5  Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
v. 6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

2Co 5:1  For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
v. 2  For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling,

1Pe 1:4  to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

Mat 25:34  Then the King will say to those on His right hand, "Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Php 3:20  For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

What it appears to me is that those in the first resurrection will join Christ in heaven and as spirit beings that will be their home from then on. The way I am understanding this is those that are spirit can not be seen by physical humans, unless they manifest to them in a human form. I think of Jesus Christ after His resurrection and how He was not 'living' on earth, but appeared to the disciples in human form from time to time. So this is how I would think it would be for those changed to spirit in the first resurrection. So it just seems to me that the Elect would be as Christ was then, with their home in heaven with God. But they would return to earth as much as need be. But I don't think they will even always 'appear,' but sometimes would just speak without appearing.

Isa 30:20  And Jehovah gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction; yet your teachers shall not be removed into a corner any more, but your eyes shall see your teachers.
v. 21  And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left.

Anyway that is just some of the things that I have picked up form the Scripture and thought I would share with you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

DougE6

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »

Just for the science fiction or geeks among us, have you ever watched the original star trek series, the episode called “Errand of Mercy”  The parallels to the role of the future role of the Overcomers on Earth that Kat just described is truly eerie.  If you have 40 minutes to kill, have a watch.  You wont see the point I am saying till the end, but I think it is a fun watch and worth it, it is interesting, the parallel.  Just a little side note, for fun.

Here are all 5 parts links from you tube of the original show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXGK9F3Qvx8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm2JtEwLoxI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FYjl_KAvKU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOS7BJwLlL4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5fBtd2EnCw&feature=related

newborn

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 06:45:48 PM »

Thanks Kat... :-)

Just want to share my favorite verses.. ;-)

"If you remain in Me, and My words in you, you shall ask whatever you want, and it will be given unto you.."

"Seek thee first thy Kingdom of God (spiritual), and all these things (physical) shall be added unto you"

"Perfect Love drives away fear,
 for fear has to do with punishment.
 He who fears does not know Perfect Love"

Grace be with us all

--remo

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »

Just for the science fiction or geeks among us, have you ever watched the original star trek series, the episode called “Errand of Mercy”  The parallels to the role of the future role of the Overcomers on Earth that Kat just described is truly eerie.  If you have 40 minutes to kill, have a watch.  You wont see the point I am saying till the end, but I think it is a fun watch and worth it, it is interesting, the parallel.  Just a little side note, for fun.

Here are all 5 parts links from you tube of the original show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXGK9F3Qvx8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm2JtEwLoxI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FYjl_KAvKU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOS7BJwLlL4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5fBtd2EnCw&feature=related

Great episode Doug!
I'm a sci-fi geek!

Ray actually described God as spiritual(invisible) energy
From Lake of Fire series 5 http://bible-truths.com/lake5.html
Let me share a practice that I have seen applied to the explanation of Scriptures. It is a common practice to compare physical things with physical things in an endeavor to prove that the thing in question is indeed physical and literal. Ironically, those who practice such things believe that they have accomplished a spiritual undertaking. God, on the other hand, tells us that even all the physical things in creation are signs of His spiritual divinity (Rom. 1:20). Contrary to human logic, physical things are not made out of solid matter. God says they are made out of things [‘things’ not out of nothing] which "do not appear"—invisible things, things of God. God is invisible and therefore "visible things" are made out of the invisible Creator God (Heb. 11:2). Scientists know this for a fact. Physical, tangible, material substances can be reduced down to atomic and subatomic invisible energy—SPIRITUAL ENERGY, if you will!

Interesting...
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.