bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Easy Like a Sunday Morning"  (Read 4582 times)

Felix

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
"Easy Like a Sunday Morning"
« on: January 10, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »

Hi Everyone

It's been a few months now since I completely stopped going to church. Do you remember the song by Lionel Richie where he sang "easy like a sunday morning"? I used to think what is that because sunday
morning was a work day for me. I had many church duties like teaching children's sunday school, driving
the church bus, etc. Looking back, some of the worst fights with my wife were on sunday morning.
Now, sunday really is nice, easy, and peaceful.

Where do I go from here? Church was a place where I could express my faith, although much of that
was the wrong kind of faith. I want to be holy. Only God can make me holy. I'm the kind of person who
wants to do something, but what can I do since only God can do it for me.

Felix

Roy Coates

Re: "Easy Like a Sunday Morning"
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »

Felix if you looking for a suggestion I would offer this one: Study/Meditate on the things of God. Use that sunday morning church time you now have free to teach your self, wife and kids(if any) the Truths of God. Humbly suggested, Roy

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 03:52:02 PM »

Hi Felix,

Yeah I remember when I stopped going to church as well. It had become a life long habit and you really feel like something is missing for quite some time. But now I realize everyday is in His serves, studying the Scripture, learning to live right and applying it. He has lessons for us at every turn. And you will get used to things as time goes by.

Here are a couple of emails where Ray answered this type of question.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4814.msg37171.html#msg37171 ---

Dear Nate: I get asked this a lot, but there is no easy formula for me to give you. You know that you should obey God. This is the primary thing we must all do. But for me to tell you how to live your life on a daily basis, I'm afraid I can't do.  If you don't know whether you should continue living in the Babylonian Church system, what good would it be for me to tell you that God says, "COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE...." (Rev. 18:4)?  If you try to convert your family, friends, and relatives to your new-found truths, they will think you crazy or may even turn on you.  So leave them alone. The way you conduct your life will speak volumes about what you believe, however, clever arguments will convince no one.  Of the tens of thousands of detractors who have tried to contradict my teachings, which I then answered and proved them wrong with the Scriptures, how many do you suppose said: "Oh, okay, now I see it.  I'm sorry. I was deceived. I see now that you do teach the truth"?  Would you believe 2 or 3? That's right--2 or 3 out of tens of thousands.

You will face ever-changing challenges in your life--every few seconds, minutes, and hours of every day. You will have to decide how to handle these situations, one at a time. Learn the Truth and then live by the Truth.  Did Jesus teach His apostles how to react to every situation that would confront them after He was gone?  No, no He didn't.  Life is indeed a challenge, and in the final analysis it all comes down to YOU AND GOD.  I am at the same place that you are, Nate.  No one tells me how to solve all my problems. I just obey God and rely on Him to see me through.  Many people want to be teachers after learning a few of the basic truths of God. This is generally a mistake, as it takes more to be a teacher than a desire to teach.  I might desire to be a great singer, or a great speller--the reality is both are totally out of the question.  I am what I am by the grace of God. I realize that most think it is rather scary to try and live a righteous life not knowing exactly what to do and how to do it.  Your darn right it's scary.  Life is scary.  But knowing that there is a loving God Who is carrying out a righteous and wise purpose on this earth is a giant aid to our infirmities.

There is no better way to assuage our own inadequacies than to help others with theirs.  I remember when I was going to college back in California, we took a weekend camping trip to the San Bernadino Mountains. One day we climbed this mountain. A couple of chaperone's brought their children. At one place high up the mountain we followed a trail that was precariously close to a cliff with a long drop. I was getting a little nervous. However, close to me was one of the children (a girl of maybe 8 or 9 years), and she was beginning to have a panic attack.  I took her by the hand and put her on the inside and assured her that we would not fall.  My fear left me immediately, and the little girl did just fine also.  I never forgot that experience.  Help and love others, and your life will begin to take on meaning.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4577.msg35182.html#msg35182 ---

Dear Scott:

I don't know what you mean by "to do something?"  Just living, is "doing something."  Overcoming is DOING A LOT OF SOMETHING.  But if you mean does God have a work for you in the ministry of spreading the Gospel, I can't answer that.  There are thousands who would wish to "do something" in this life for or in God's Gospel Ministry, but they wouldn't think of giving a penny to aid those who are already "doing something."  Ask God to show you what it is that He wants of you. I assure you that your life will be lead accordingly as God has predestined.

God be with you,

Ray

Felix

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:31:13 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I'm enjoying a nice sunday morning right now, thinking about God and enjoying
His love and grace.

John: Thank you for reminding me to worship in Spirit and Truth. This is much better than watching one
of those church dramas. You called it the comedy hour. I call it amateur playhouse.

Roy: This free time is great for really studing and meditating on Gods word. My kids are grown up now,
but I can talk to them about spiritual things better now than I ever could before.

Kat: Yes, I have felt like something is missing, but I'm getting used to it and it's wonderful. I have not
felt even one bit of guilt. This is surprising because going to church was my religion. Thank you for the
e-mails from Ray.

Love and peace to all of you,
Felix
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.