bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: join me in prayer for my daughter  (Read 5236 times)

ARTSEA

join me in prayer for my daughter
« on: January 11, 2011, 08:43:32 PM »

I have come to this forum many times for fellowship. I should have introduced myself but have put it off. I have been studying bible truths for 6 or 7 years. I now am so overwhelmed with one of my daughters and just need the support of others. She is an addict who has been clean for about 8 years. We have just found out that she is using again for this past year. She has 4 children ages 2-12 and her husband with similar problems has just left. I have prayed and sought the Lord over this with so many tears. I am trying not to let fear rob me but it has to be the hardest and scariest path to be on for a parent and grandparent. My husband and I have each other to fellowship with but thats it. We don't really know anyone locally that we can talk to about this. There is so much at risk with my daughter and grandchildren. My heart is breaking and I just pray that some of you that read this will ask the Lord to remind you to pray for all of us. I am seeking Him for a word that will accomplish what He desires in her life. Please help us however the Lord leads.

Kat

Re: join me in prayer for my daughter
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »

Hi Artsea,

Welcome to the forum. i will certainly lift your family and your daughter's family up to the Father in prayer.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lauriellen

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 09:40:39 PM »

Dear Artsea,
praying for you & your family comfort, peace & His will be done.
lauriellen

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:36:08 AM »

Prayers going out from Longhorn ranch.

Longhorn

TRUTH281

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 03:24:36 AM »

I have come to this forum many times for fellowship. I should have introduced myself but have put it off. I have been studying bible truths for 6 or 7 years. I now am so overwhelmed with one of my daughters and just need the support of others. She is an addict who has been clean for about 8 years. We have just found out that she is using again for this past year. She has 4 children ages 2-12 and her husband with similar problems has just left. I have prayed and sought the Lord over this with so many tears. I am trying not to let fear rob me but it has to be the hardest and scariest path to be on for a parent and grandparent. My husband and I have each other to fellowship with but thats it. We don't really know anyone locally that we can talk to about this. There is so much at risk with my daughter and grandchildren. My heart is breaking and I just pray that some of you that read this will ask the Lord to remind you to pray for all of us. I am seeking Him for a word that will accomplish what He desires in her life. Please help us however the Lord leads.
Hello there. I'm 21 and live in Baytown, Tx. My brother was addicted to pain pills, cocaine, and other drugs for a very long time, so I know what its like to have someone you love into those things. He also doesn't have much of a desire to study the Scriptures. I had peace knowing that our hearts are in his hand as rivers of water, and he can turn our hearts wherever he wills (Pro 21:1). That includes my brother and your daughter. God can turn your daughter's heart any time he wishes, but  you should have faith that God knows what he is doing and that your daighter is not resisting Gods plan (Rom 9:19). Its hard for a parent to accept that truth. My mom just cannot believe that God would plan such a thing for my brother. Its God's plan for millions to take drugs, live a certain way, die, and stand before an omnipotent God.....Christ. I've taken drugs plenty of times and now God has me where he has me. Its Gods plan for us all to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil somewhat differently. But its Gods plan for many to experience evil, liquor, darkness, impure fellowship, etc., in this age before they learn righteousness after death (Isa 26:9). I don't mean for any of this to be directed towards your daughter. I pray that God would give you a peace and joy knowing that he knows exactly what he is doing. Don't ever think that mabey there is a little bit of free will within your daughter. Her heart is in his hands.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 04:40:39 AM »

dear artsea,
i too will lift you, your husband, daughter, grandchildren, and your son-in-law in prayer.  i too am very familiar with the pull of the flesh which leads to drug use.  many of the forum members have experienced this evil, either personally, or with a loved one.  i have also watched in the past, as my own daughter suffered with the addiction to alcohol.  but, she has indeed learned from her own experience.  your daughter will too, in His timing.  patience is a very, very, very hard spiritual characteristic to mold.  as i have gotten older however, it seems to be getting easier most of the time  ;).  anyway, i just wanted to let you know we are here for you 24/7.

stand strong in the faith He has given you artsea.
claudia
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:37:52 PM by cjwood »

iris

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »

Hi Artsea,

Welcome to the forum!
You and your family will be in my prayers.

Iris

Nan

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 11:43:18 AM »

I will add you and your family to my prayers.

walt123

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 01:11:31 PM »

Hi Artsea

I was looking for words to comfort you,  but Claudia said it well.

dear artsea,
i too will lift you, your husband, daughter, grandchildren, and your son-in-law in prayer.  i too am very familiar with the pull of the flesh which leads to drug use.  many of the forum members have experienced this evil, either personally, or with a loved one.  i have also watched in the past, as my own daughter suffered with the addiction to alcohol.  but, she has indeed learned from her own experience.  your daughter will too, in His timing.  patience is a very, very, very hard spiritual characteristic to mold.  as i have gotten older however, it seems to be getting easier most of the time  .  anyway, i just wanted to let you know you do indeed have more than 3 friends here

Having Two  sisters,with alcohol addiction for years,and watching helplessly ,and all the words I thought
where being heard, fell on deaf ears.
But One day out of no were,they both stopped and never had touch it  again ,and are not tempted , even at
parties or get togethers.

GOD does Knows, when it has ran its course , when it is time to stop.

Matthew 11:29 (New Living Translation)
29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Walt.

grapehound

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »

Amen, Walt.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 01:17:07 PM »

My heart is breaking and I just pray that some of you that read this will ask the Lord to remind you to pray for all of us. I am seeking Him for a word that will accomplish what He desires in her life. Please help us however the Lord leads.

Welcome to the forum, ARTSEA.  

As Claudia stated, it is an exercise in patience and faith that will help you overcome this trial.  When I am feeling the pain and weight of the woes in my life, I have found comfort and peace by remembering the words of our Lord and Saviour when He was praying in Gethsemane:

Matt. 26:39 - "...My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will."

We are in capable hands.  No matter what is happening in our lives, God is in control.

I hope and pray this will help you too.

René
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:36:02 PM by Rene »

ARTSEA

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 03:43:53 AM »

I cannot think of words to express how much we appreciate your encouragement and prayers for my daughter and family. You all are precious and so appreciated! Many things said have settled our hearts and encouraged us. We hope we are in the beginning stages of a turn around, but the whole family (my son, youngest daughter and son n law) are so weary and wounded. We are taking it day by day trying to keep our eyes opened and trying to keep hope from being battered by doubt and fear. We needed to be reminded that this is part of Gods plan and timing. I am reminding myself of all the things that are so right in our lives. I am so grateful for so much and now all of you are added to my grateful list. I will stay in touch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 23 queries.