bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another "hope" topic  (Read 3876 times)

G. Driggs

Another "hope" topic
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:28:35 AM »

Hope or a lack of it has been impressed on my heart and mind lately. I guess I need confirmation that it is God's intention that those He might be calling and choosing to lose hope at some time or another? This is where im finding myself lately. I guess I'm looking for some sort of a pattern that tell me or at least hint  that this is part of the normal process of getting saved. Undoubtably all will eventually be saved through the Great white throne judgment and the lake of fire, but I would rather avoid that route if at all possible. Problem is the GWT and the lake of fire is where I'm probably headed.

I find it kinda crazy that Babylon is so darn sure that they are saved already. I use to think like that too. It seems everything taught in Babylon is almost always the opposite of what Christ teaches. Is their false sense of hope any different?

Anyone else go through periods of hopelessness?

Was not sure where to post this so I put it in the off topics.

Thanks for listening.

G.Driggs

lostANDfound

Re: Another "hope" topic
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »

the more i "judge" myself the more i realize i'm really not good enough to be called a daughter of God.  but the more i meditate on how big God really is, the more i realize that He is able to change even me.  we have the very best Teacher!  when i'm low on hope it helps to remember that. 
looking forward to reading everyone elses responses on this topic.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:06:35 AM »

This is certainly one of those areas where the rubber meets the road in our lives.  When we look at the world and the conditions of the world especially through the lens of the scriptures it sure doesn't seem like there is much hope in the here and now.  Things are bad....and they are going to get worse, much worse.  However, we know the rest of the story.  This earth is not our home and we are just passing through.  I take it one day at a time and I make it a practice to be thankful for what I already have.  There are a lot of people much worse off than I am.  And as Ray has said when we look behind us quite often we can see how God has been guiding us all the time even though in the middle of a trial He can seem like he is no where to be found.  No matter how bad it gets He is with us even if we don't perceive it.  The scriptures say it and we have to believe it even if everything in the physical seems to deny it.

I guess I need confirmation that it is God's intention that those He might be calling and choosing to lose hope at some time or another?

I think of David and his musing in the Psalms when he felt without hope and of course who can forget Job who suffered far more than probably any of us will suffer?  Since God is sovereign even our loss of hope at times is His doing and part of His plan and he has a bigger purpose behind it.  We just have to believe it and trust because of how he has dealt with us in the past.  Since God never changes how he feels towards us never changes either.

grapehound

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »

Hi George.
This struck a chord in my heart. It's a question that surfaces time after time.

Amidst the chaos of Babylon, there was a dear soul I used to confide in.
One day I expressed the idea that I wasn't 'good' enough.
What she said has stuck in my mind for several years.

Whenever I'm in that place, (which is often), I hear her words:

"Your right. You'll never be good enough. Nobody will ever be good enough.
That's why Jesus took our place."

Hope this gives you a little of the comfort it gives me.

Love in gratitude,

Grape x

G. Driggs

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 09:06:50 AM »

Thanks all.

G.Driggs

Roy Coates

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »

You are not alone George, I too often wonder about Gods plan for me, wife and kids. You are God's workmanship and He will do exactly what He wants and what is best for you. You do your best and pray pray pray.

lauriellen

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 07:09:24 PM »

George,
i too become so discouraged at times that i really seriously contemplate giving up...sometimes it just seems so overwhelming....so much to learn...so much i don't know...so many trials....so much overcoming to do....i just know i can't do it....i get so tired....
BUT i remind myself that God is in control, He is able, and its ALL up to Him...
my life, my childrens, my grandson, my husband....we are all in His hands....there is nothing i can do to change what must be.....wether we are in the first ressurection or the second, we are still His children & still in His loving care....He will do according to His plan and it will ALL work out for the good. He loves all of us no matter what. Surrendering to His will is very freeing and removes the burden of performance axiety. =)
lauriellen

Stacey

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 08:30:24 PM »

Hi G.Driggs,

I guess I need confirmation that it is God's intention that those He might be calling and choosing to lose hope at some time or another?

Don't have a good answer for you but I can relate to your experiencing a lack of hope sort of. Wish I could say I've been there and done that but I can't because I am there and it ain't done yet.  :)

Problem is the GWT and the lake of fire is where I'm probably headed.

You won't be alone if you do end up there, I'll be right there with ya!

Unless, it ain't God's will  :)

Stacey

eggi

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »

Dear all,

My thoughts on this subject.

I can recommend a medicine that worked at least for me when I struggled with these feelings of loosing hope: Read Romans chapter 8.
And follow Paul's and Peter's prescriptions:

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

2Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacks these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and has forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Why the rather, brothers, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if you do these things, you shall never fall: for thus shall be richly supplied unto you the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Why I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though you know them, and be established in the present truth.

We don't know how our lives will be, but we know that God is doing all according to His perfect plan. We can rest in His peace. We are working, but He makes the building.

1 Corinthians 3:9
For we are laborers together with God: you are God's husbandry, you are God's building.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.