bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray was right on the resurrection  (Read 4127 times)

Joe in Arkansas

Ray was right on the resurrection
« on: January 21, 2011, 10:22:42 PM »

Under the topic heading "then cometh the end", I said that I believed the bodily resurrection of the Elect was a reoccurring event upon the death of each of God's Elect.  I said that I believed the bodily resurrection was immediate upon death.  My main support I used to come to this understanding was Matt 24:30-31.  I said that since this event in Matt 24:30-31 is said to occur before that 1st century generation passed away, then the resurrection of the Elect must be a reoccurring event (is, was and will be) in order to comply with Christ's statement.  Today, I wanted to let everyone know that I no longer understand Matt 24:30-31 to be a supporting scripture for my previous beliefs on the reoccurring nature of the resurrection.  I am happy to be able to say that I again agree with Ray that the bodily resurrection of the Elect (1st resurrection) is a one time event that is obviously still yet future.  

The reason I came to this conclusion was because I came to see that I was mixing physical with spiritual in my understanding of Matt 24.  I believe that all of Matt 24 should be understood as spiritual & "within" each of God's Elect.  I believe that understanding Matt 24 in this manner is why Christ was able to say that this generation (the one He was speaking to) will not pass away before all these things be fulfilled.  Those events are fulfilled "within" for each of God's Elect before they physically die.  But when I came to verses 30 & 31, I switched my understanding to the natural (outward) instead of continuing in the spiritual.  I apologize for my lack of consistency which lead me to my false conclusion.  

Sincerely,
Jody Edwards

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:50:30 PM by Joe in Arkansas »

markn902

Re: Ray was right on the resurrection
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 11:24:28 PM »

Hey thats how we learn..If something is true.. the truer it gets.. I personally think that everytime people try to apply our concept of linear time to scripture it always causes strife. I believe Our Lord is above and beyond time as we understand it. We will one day though !  :)

Roy Coates

Re: Ray was right on the resurrection
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 12:04:30 AM »

Thanks for sharing Jody ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.