bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could yall please say a prayer for me?  (Read 7050 times)

TRUTH281

Could yall please say a prayer for me?
« on: January 12, 2011, 03:04:06 AM »

Hey everyone. I'm kind of at a low point because the fact is I'm not obeying the first command: "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment (Mark 12:30).

I also haven't been reading the Scriptures and subconsciously my excuse is because I've been in College and have a semester left for a 2 year degree. It makes me think of Rays audio on "Repentance." He was talking about how if God has predestinated you to overcome then it is something that he WILL DO, and the flesh of sin is no barrier for him. I play Golf and watch youtube more than reading his Word. But I know "my heart is in his hands as rivers of water and he can turn it wherever he wants" (Pro 21:1). All of my friends are atheist too, and that's not helping. Thats why I started the "Does anyone live in Texas" topic because I wish I had at least 3 friends who were like minded.

I just ask that you would say one prayer for me. Of course I know that God is working all things together for good in my life (Rom 8:28) and after the counsel of his own will (Eph 1:11), but the fact that God is Sovereign and in control of all things shouldn't stop us from praying for each other and Ray.

I pray that God would bless each person who prays for me in the way he chooses!

Thanks,

Jake

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Could yall please say a prayer for me?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 04:29:43 AM »

...I wish I had at least 3 friends who were like minded...

jake, you have way more than 3 friends who are like minded with you on this forum, but, we all don't live in baytown.  that is a fact for almost every member on this forum.  i believe that is also part of our desert time where we can draw closer to God the Father, and Jesus our Elder Brother.  and it is part of our being the salt of the earth, as ray mentioned one time, we are like salt in that we are sprinkled out a few of us here, others there, etc.  but, maybe, one day the texan forum members could meet up somewhere.  that would be cool.  8).  i pray for your mental, physical, and spiritual strength as you finish your college days.

claudia

grapehound

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 09:06:46 AM »

Amen Claudia.
Take courage Jake, you have been called out to a place from which you cannot return.
Give Him glory.

Grape x

margo

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 10:06:32 AM »

Hi Jake,

1Cor9:24, "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.  And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things.  Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown: but we an incorruptible.  I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Blessings in NM,
Margo

iris

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 10:40:06 AM »

Hi Jake,

Prayers going up for you. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Iris

walt123

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:31:07 PM »

Hi Jake.

Hang in there little brother.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:

All your friends are here at bt forum.

Walt.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »

Hi Jake

I know you to have extraordinary tenacity and a sharp astutely analytical mind. You have the propensity to focus with the power of lazer atomic-like ability. Oh yes I know it!

God is in control of everything, and of you, and you are not ordinary!

God is making you for His Plan and Purpose, and all is good. Give Him the thanks for His work in you.

Blessings
Arc

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »

Quote from: TRUTH281
I wish I had at least 3 friends who were like minded.

I just ask that you would say one prayer for me. Of course I know that God is working all things together for good in my life (Rom 8:28) and after the counsel of his own will (Eph 1:11), but the fact that God is Sovereign and in control of all things shouldn't stop us from praying for each other and Ray.

I pray that God would bless each person who prays for me in the way he chooses!

Thanks,

Jake

Jake, even Ray states that he misses "regular fellowship with like minded believers in a congregational setting."
We all do; nevertheless, we can communicate via computer. We're all in the perfect locations at this time and we have all the "like minded friends" we're supposed to have!

As far as having "at least 3 friends who were like minded", I know your talking about physical fellowship. This is what Ray states regarding that;
"Our TRUE FELLOWSHIP is with God the Father and His Son, our Saviour, Jesus Christ. And this is INSTANT fellowship--day and night. Trust me when I say that spiritual fellowship is far more profitable that physical fellowship. It is, in fact, HOW WE WORSHIP GOD!"

God Bless fellow Texan!
Patrick

TRUTH281

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 12:44:53 AM »

...I wish I had at least 3 friends who were like minded...

jake, you have way more than 3 friends who are like minded with you on this forum, but, we all don't live in baytown.  that is a fact for almost every member on this forum.  i believe that is also part of our desert time where we can draw closer to God the Father, and Jesus our Elder Brother.  and it is part of our being the salt of the earth, as ray mentioned one time, we are like salt in that we are sprinkled out a few of us here, others there, etc.  but, maybe, one day the texan forum members could meet up somewhere.  that would be cool.  8).  i pray for your mental, physical, and spiritual strength as you finish your college days.

claudia
Thanks alot Claudia for your prayers for me! That verse in Mark (The first commandment) means so much when I wake up and present the day off to God and Christ. I'll wake up and say, "God I can only love and serve you will my heart, mind, soul, and strength if YOU give me the power to do so by your spirit", etc.. It feels great to bring the first commandment before God to begin the day off and to pray to Christ that he would help me to watch for his return.

TRUTH281

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 12:48:20 AM »

Hi Jake,

Prayers going up for you. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Iris
Thanks for the prayers for sure! God is surely with me in all things!

santikos

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »

Hey everyone. I'm kind of at a low point because the fact is I'm not obeying the first command: "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment (Mark 12:30).

Dont feel Bad brother, i do not, nor will i ever, while in this carnal flesh, be able to follow that commandment wholly. God knows i try, but thank God that i cant because it gives me a reason to try again. And if i did do it, i might become self rightous. God knows that too. How Great the God we live for.

grapehound

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 09:34:31 PM »

Jake,

" Thou shalt" means "You will"

God will make sure of it.  See it as His promise.

When I was in Babylon, I would catch myself singing words in the assembly like
" I'll always love you Lord.....", and " I will stand........" etc, etc.

Then my adversary would say, " Who d'ya think you're kidding? You're just a lump of carnal crud."
Then I'd be in tears for hours.  Striving and aching, chasing my tail.
One day I realised I was declaring a fact.
I had it all back to front.

I will do all these things because He wills it, not me.
I will stand.  I will love. Because He says I will.
If I think I'm Falling, it's His will.
If I think I'm winning, It's His will.

We can do nothing of ourselves.

The 'Master' decides if His servant stands.
No one else; not the servant or any other that judges him.

By your Master you will stand.
You will be exactly what He requires.
He'll make sure of it.

Peace be yours Jake.

Grape x

santikos

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »

Grape, thanks for the encouraging words. i never seen it that way. " i will", wow i need to realize that i can love him like that. that is what he wants. sometimes i am too hard on myself. but i know now that i can love him like that. thanks alot for you insight.

TRUTH281

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 12:34:33 AM »

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I'm doing better now, but God did convice me for not reading his word for a while. I just look forward to the day I'm not obligated to study for College which includes the weekends and every waking moment. I want to spend whole days reading about whatever. Genesis one studies, Ray's articles, and other articles.

grapehound

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 04:19:50 AM »

'Bible-Truths' eh, Santi?

God Bless

G. Driggs

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »

I also haven't been reading the Scriptures and subconsciously my excuse is because I've been in College and have a semester left for a 2 year degree.

You know I get most of my "daily bread" just by coming to BT and reading all the posts. There is a lot here to digest, from excerpts of Ray's papers, to others helping others with Scripture to people giving definitions to words I never knew about, or even someone saying "hang in there" and all the prayers going out to one another.

Peace,

G.Driggs
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:06:22 AM by G. Driggs »

grapehound

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 11:18:57 AM »

Words of a Truth, George.

"Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity."

Amen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.