bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admonition  (Read 4317 times)

love_magnified

Admonition
« on: July 06, 2006, 02:50:32 PM »

Brother Ray, How are we to wittness against Babylon? Am I to wait to share these truths until asked or in keeping with Ez. and Rev. after eating the book ,share them. I have already learned those whose eyes havent been opened dont want to hear anything contrary to what they have been taught.Which is part of what I get out of Ez. 2-3 [hardhearted].Regarding Ez.3:25-26, Is this saying if God isnt ready for me to share the truth,He will cause my tongue to cleave to the roof of my mouth and be dumb?I think I have experienced this once or twice already. I know when someone is interested in the truth,it is such a blessing to share,but when I first came upon your site last Dec.,my pastor wasnt very interested and I couldnt remember scriptures or get what was in my heart and head to come out of my mouth . If you can find time I would really appreciate some help on this .

God bless,
    John

Dear John:
As Paul instructed in I Cor. 12, not ALL are teachers, apostles, etc.

If God has called you to teach, then that door will open. If he hasn't, there is no way you will be able to open it.  Many have told me of your experience of "falling on their face" when trying to convert their minister or christian friends.

First, I don't believe many could ever teach what is on my site already in less that a few years. I don't wish to discourage you, however, I don't know how to encourage you in this matter either.  If teaching the truths of God is a desire that IS OF GOD, then God will show you the way. I can't.  I didn't write my critique of John Hagee's and James Kennedy's sermons because I wanted to take the truth and take the gospel to the world. I merely wrote them first, with nothing else in mind but to send them, and maybe share them with a few friends. And the rest is history.
God be with you,
Ray

James 3:1
Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged by God with greater strictness. We all make many mistakes, but those who control their tongues can also control themselves in every other way.

love_magnified

Re: Admonition
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 04:56:37 PM »

Yeah me too. I have a tongue of gehenna fire that gets me in trouble and convicts me big time. Be quick to listen and slow to speak. Words to live by.

Lightseeker

Re: Admonition
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 03:00:05 AM »

JAM 3:1  My brethren, be not many masters/teachers, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Is verse 1 saying that the condemnation is going to come from GOD?  I don't think so.  As a matter of fact verse two seems to confirm what LOVE originally quoted. 

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

We imperfect brethren who teach 'the truth' will not be condemmed by God but by man...'offended religious man' at that.  Otherwise it would seem to mean we have to become perfect before becoming teachers....I don't know anyone quallified...do you?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.