bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praising God  (Read 8455 times)

markn902

Praising God
« on: January 21, 2011, 11:21:15 PM »

Hi everyone I just got finished reading through the Psalms and Proverbs by doing a few each day and now that I am done I am wondering.. Psalms mentions "praising"  The Lord..in song..in assembl..just general praising. Anyway in light of many people taking the word "saved" for granted or not understanding the full implications of what that word means I am wondering if I am doing that to this word. To be honest I kinda just read over it. I mean yeah I thank God deeply for all of the things in my life and especially the knowledge he has given me and my family. But do I praise him? IDK

I guess I was wanting to hear what that word means to you and how you "praise" God. I know in Babylchurch they kinda refer to the singing and dancing they do and well since I gave up the church I don't do that anymore ( I never really liked it to begin with) So there are no right or wrong answers here just feedback. Maybe one of our learned members will give us a run down on the Hebrew word and what it means :)

Thanks everyone

Mark

Roy Coates

Re: Praising God
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:08:18 AM »

I inspire to Praise the Lord in all I do and think, I am not there yet. Obedience and Worship come to mind when I hear the word praise.

Foxx

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 01:52:54 PM »

Psalms were songs written by David for the most part I believe and he used song to praise God. He even went dancing through the streets naked praising Him. Now while I doubt that is a good idea to try dancing naked outside, it does seem to show there is nothing inherently wrong with praising God through song. The problem I have started finding with many songs is that many are based on the typical Christian doctrine of eternal torment or ETERNAL/EVERLASTING life. Although with that said there are many whose lyrics are scripturally sound even though they may not even realize it.  I find it funny how these song writers/ churches sing about how loving, merciful, and Jesus is the Savior of the world but when you dare to ask if them if they really believe that then they don't.  They say "well you're taking that out of context" NO...I'm putting it IN context!

But I digress, as long as you find songs that are scripturally sound I wouldn't think there is any problem with singing praise and worship. My main problem is now I find a lot of the songs I used to love so gross to listen to because they just have un-scriptural  heresy throughout them.

SeekingHim

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 12:15:54 PM »

One evening, after listening and singing along to some "musical psalms," I felt like I just had to have MORE! I walked outdoors and stared up in the sky and just raised my arms (not my normal "thing") and felt like I was hugging and being hugged by God. I had tears of JOY, because we can't "out hug" God.

I write letters to God in which I am in utter awe of HIM. I realize I am but a grain of dust in the vast universe, but yet, this GREAT GOD of ours, loves me. How can that be? I think this is also, praise.

Pat

GaryK

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »

Hmmmm..mine is a usually a short praising mixed with a bit of mystery to keep us both on our toes and not be too predictable.....but I'm consistent, I do it every morning.   I walk out, look through the dark to see if any horses are standing in the road as opposed to the pasture, listen for my dog to bark to know what direction he's coming from, realize that I'm still living in a nightmare, ask God if perhaps he meant for 'plan B' and his people got it wrong with instituting 'plan A'., hear nothing in return from him, tell him I still don't understand a square inch of 'plan A' but my friends tell me he understands what he's doing and there is, in fact, a plan.  I take him for his word, reluctantly, tell him that, and go about my business.   Actually, this is repeated several times throughout the day, every day.

No, really.   

gk

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 06:32:52 AM »

How do I praise and worship God?

I breathe. Yes. I breathe.

Breathing is my praise and my worship of God that is done unconditionally. Anything I can think, feel or say, falls short.

God makes me breathe. He makes me live. He makes His Praise and Worship Pleasing in His Sight. It is all Him.

How do I praise and worship God?

I breathe. Nothing I can do, think or say is worthy enough to give God the praise He merits or the worship He deserves.
I breathe and I live and that is to the merit of God and to His Glory.

My being is God’s praise. My life is God’s work. God makes me to be His Praise and His Pleasure. My being is His Honor and Glory. His breath is my breath, which is breathing His Life into my flesh, that is His earthen Vessel of His Spirit, of His Glory and Praise, Worship and Life, in me.

The question how do you praise is not a question. It is a catch, to make think anyone can do anything, or something to praise God. We can do nothing,  as everything that is done, is of God. Without God, nothing can be done.

Everyone and everything that has ever existed, that presently exists and will ever exist, is to the Praise and Worship of God.

All the flaws, errors, mistakes and also all the perfections, blessings and rewards, are to the Praise of God and His Glory, in His making Power and Love.

There is no How, to how to praise God, just Wow,...~

Blessings
Arc

grapehound

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 08:15:15 AM »

Arc,
Thank you for those words.

That 'attitude of gratitude' is praise indeed.
God loves a cheerful giver and a thankful heart.

As it is written:

"But godliness with contentment is great gain"! (1 Tim 6:6 )

Amen; to the praise of His Glory.

Grape
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:18:02 AM by grapehound »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 09:22:18 AM »

Blessings Grape ~  Amen, to the Praise of His Glory, True! It is settled.

Arc

One Love

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 09:25:23 AM »

Hey Arc
Once again, you're a blessing. What indept insight you posses.
Thank you for that wonderful post, just gives me hope to go on praising him.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »

Breathing Him is His Love in motion 1Luv. May you keep breathing, all the days of your life..... :)

Blessings
Arc

markn902

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 05:26:37 PM »

I agree well said

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 12:38:46 AM »

Love one another, learn what that really means.

george.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »

My main problem is now I find a lot of the songs I used to love so gross to listen to because they just have un-scriptural  heresy throughout them.

Ha, Honestly in all those old megachurches songs, I don't find any appeal neither. Even if they don't tell heresy (as many of them try to avoid theological matters and stay on simple safe repetitions), and even if they just sing verses.
How come? Because for the way these songs are delivered.

We no longer care about the sources. What is the point of sing verses with our mouths and do the opposite with our actions? Really. Highly persuasive emotional states can be builded on with musical notes an rythms. And Christians confuse this hard emotions with God presence.

''Only those who possess the Name of Jesus Christ truly "know" what the name is and all that it represents. Not all who speak of the Name, have the name "written" within them. Men’s lips are often far far from their heart. ''  L.Ray Smith

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 02:28:54 PM »

Very well stated Moises.

markn902

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 02:47:52 PM »

A word about Arcturus post on this issue

What you wrote was beautiful poetry and I believe in your describing how you cannot of your own will praise God you in fact wrote a Psalm. I think it worthy to note that in your effort to humble yourself in written words you wound up praising God in a beautiful poem.

just worth noting   :)

grapehound

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »

Beautiful analysis, Mark.

walt123

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 01:41:26 AM »

Hello to all.

One way of Praising God to me is listening to opera.
I never got into main stream christian music.
Here is one i like the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTBml4oOZ8

English Translation of "Nessun Dorma"

Nobody shall sleep!...
Nobody shall sleep!
Even you, o Princess,
in your cold room,
watch the stars,
that tremble with love and with hope.
But my secret is hidden within me,
my name no one shall know...
No!...No!...
On your mouth I will tell it when the light shines.
And my kiss will dissolve the silence that makes you mine!...
(No one will know his name and we must, alas, die.)
Vanish, o night!
Set, stars! Set, stars!
At dawn, I will

Walt.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 04:46:53 AM »

Wow! walt123 ~ that is rivitingly beautiful, captivatingly heavenly.

The Kingdom speaks in Psalms, Parables and recollections of Him. Yor message brings assurence, encouragements and Love of Him.

markn902 and grapehound ~ brethren of the Kingdom of God, may your thoughts ever rise to His council and keep ever in your hearts His Language of Love. 

Arc

walt123

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 11:13:15 PM »

Hello,John

Thank you ,the music does take you to another realm.  ;D

Walt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.