bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help on the resurrections  (Read 6309 times)

Joe in Arkansas

Need help on the resurrections
« on: January 25, 2011, 01:45:41 PM »

Hi everyone,
As some of you know, I am studying the resurrections and trying to come to a truthful understanding of them.  I have a few questions and some apparent conflicts that I am trying to overcome.  The first one I would like to address is in Rev 11 and Rev 20.  

Rev 11:11-12 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Rev 11:14-15 The second woe is past; [and], behold, the third woe cometh quickly.  And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

It appears to me that in the resurrection of the Elect just occurred within the 6th trumpet (2nd woe).  Then the 7th trumpet sounds and the 3rd woe begins.

Rev 11:18  And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Who are the people who receive the rewards at this judgment?  Is that the Elect who were resurrected and who have reigned with Christ as described in the previous verses of chapter 11?  The conflict I see is that the Elect have already been judged in their physical lives and they have already received their rewards when they met Christ in the air.  Can this still be the Elect?  

This same sequence of events parallels exactly with Rev 20.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:6-7 Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Just as in Rev 11, the Elect have been raised and have reigned with Christ.  After this, all the remaining dead are raised to judgment.

Rev 20:11-12 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

This description of the judgment also shows a group of people who are apparently acceptable to Christ.  This group is shown by the "small and great, stand before God".  This matches with the group of "small and great" in Rev 11:18 who receive the rewards.  "Standing before God" is also one of the ways that scripture shows that a person is acceptable to God.    

Prov 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

However, "standing" is not always a positive statement throughout scripture.  But in this case, since it matches with the "small and great" in Rev 11:18, it seems appropriate here.

Who is this group that is acceptable to God at the judgment?  Can it be the Old Testament "remnant"?  Scripture does have this to say about them:

Dan 12:1-2 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt.

Dan 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end [be]: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him (Abraham) for righteousness.

But scripture also says this about them:

Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Does Heb 11:40 mean that they will be excluded from entering the Kingdom of Heaven before we make them perfect?  Does this mean that Abraham, even though his faith has imputed righteousness upon him, will still be cast into the Lake of Fire with all the lost?  In John, Christ says to the Pharisees that the Devil was their father and not Abraham who they were claiming.  Does it seem fitting that Abraham would still be cast into the Lake of Fire with those same Pharisees?  

I have looked and looked for an acceptable answer to these questions in Ray's teachings and have looked back through a great number of threads on the forum, but I cannot find anything that makes the apparent conflicts disappear?  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Jody Edwards
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:49:54 PM by Joe in Arkansas »

mharrell08

Re: Need help on the resurrections
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 02:55:24 PM »

Hi everyone,
As some of you know, I am studying the resurrections and trying to come to a truthful understanding of them.  I have a few questions and some apparent conflicts that I am trying to overcome.  The first one I would like to address is in Rev 11 and Rev 20.  

Rev 11:11-12 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Rev 11:14-15 The second woe is past; [and], behold, the third woe cometh quickly.  And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

It appears to me that in the resurrection of the Elect just occurred within the 6th trumpet (2nd woe).  Then the 7th trumpet sounds and the 3rd woe begins.

Rev 11:18  And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Who are the people who receive the rewards at this judgment?  Is that the Elect who were resurrected and who have reigned with Christ as described in the previous verses of chapter 11?  The conflict I see is that the Elect have already been judged in their physical lives and they have already received their rewards when they met Christ in the air.  Can this still be the Elect?

Revelation 11 does not say the Elect are resurrected. It speaks of the 2 witnesses that God endows to prophecy [Rev 11:3 CLV].

This same sequence of events parallels exactly with Rev 20.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:6-7 Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Just as in Rev 11, the Elect have been raised and have reigned with Christ.  After this, all the remaining dead are raised to judgment.

While the word 'resurrection' is used, the two prophecies are not parallel. Rev 20 does not mention the 2 witnesses.

Rev 20:11-12 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

This description of the judgment also shows a group of people who are apparently acceptable to Christ.  This group is shown by the "small and great, stand before God".  This matches with the group of "small and great" in Rev 11:18 who receive the rewards.  "Standing before God" is also one of the ways that scripture shows that a person is acceptable to God.

No one mentioned 'standing' in Revelation 20 is acceptable to God...that is why they are in the Great White Throne Judgment.

Prov 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

However, "standing" is not always a positive statement throughout scripture.  But in this case, since it matches with the "small and great" in Rev 11:18, it seems appropriate here.

Who is this group that is acceptable to God at the judgment?  Can it be the Old Testament "remnant"?  Scripture does have this to say about them:

Dan 12:1-2 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt.

Dan 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end [be]: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him (Abraham) for righteousness.

But scripture also says this about them:

Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Does Heb 11:40 mean that they will be excluded from entering the Kingdom of Heaven before we make them perfect?  Does this mean that Abraham, even though his faith has imputed righteousness upon him, will still be cast into the Lake of Fire with all the lost?  In John, Christ says to the Pharisees that the Devil was their father and not Abraham who they were claiming.  Does it seem fitting that Abraham would still be cast into the Lake of Fire with those same Pharisees?  

I have looked and looked for an acceptable answer to these questions in Ray's teachings and have looked back through a great number of threads on the forum, but I cannot find anything that makes the apparent conflicts disappear?  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Jody Edwards

Being 'cast into the Lake of Fire' is simply a metaphor for judgment. Abraham, David, & all other OT saints have to be spiritually judged and purged of all carnality, as does all mankind. All the OT saints 'died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them' (Heb 11:13).

Hope this helps,

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 03:33:12 PM »

Well that pretty much nails it! :D

Next! ;D

Joe in Arkansas

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »

Dear Marques,

You commented:
Revelation 11 does not say the Elect are resurrected. It speaks of the 2 witnesses that God endows to prophecy [Rev 11:3 CLV].

My understanding of the two witnesses is that they "symbolize" the Elect.  Christ's ministry on earth last 3 1/2 years.  Christ completes that ministry through his Elect who are said to witness for 3 1/2 years (1260 days).  That makes 7 years of testimony which is the number of completion.  Also, they lay dead in the street for 3 1/2 "days" which confirms Ray's understanding that the Elect are not resurrected until the full testimony of Christ has finished.  I understand 3 1/2 to symbolize the church age.  It is show as 1260 days, 3 1/2 days and also as 42 months. 

You commented:
While the word 'resurrection' is used, the two prophecies are not parallel. Rev 20 does not mention the 2 witnesses.

I believe that Rev 20:4 is referring to the two witnesses since they symbolized all the Elect throughout the church age.  It is the Elect who have been raised & have reigned with Christ in verse 4.  To me, this is an exact match with Rev 11.

You commented:
No one mentioned 'standing' in Revelation 20 is acceptable to God...that is why they are in the Great White Throne Judgment.

I do not know of any scripture that says that ALL who are judged at the "White Throne Judgment" are found unacceptable.  If a person's faith is imputed as righteousness, does that not mean that they have been made acceptable?  Obviously, the Old Testament "remnant" have not been made "perfect" yet but they have been imputed to be "righteous" which is another name for being "just".   According to Daniel, he believed that he would be resurrected in a resurrection that contains both the just and the unjust.  Is this not the resurrection that is described in Rev 11 and Rev 20? 

Daniel is specifically told that "thy people will be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book".  Daniel's "people" are the Old Testament remnant.  "Thy people" are certainly not the Elect of the church age.  Doesn't it say that some of "thy people" will be delivered and found written "in the book"?   Isn't that referring to the book that was opened in Rev 20:12?  Since some will be found written in the book, doesn't that mean that some will be found acceptable to Christ and will enter the Kingdom of Heaven and will not be cast into the Lake of Fire?  Isn't that what faith does for us and for them?

You commented:
Being 'cast into the Lake of Fire' is simply a metaphor for judgment. Abraham, David, & all other OT saints have to be spiritually judged and purged of all carnality, as does all mankind. All the OT saints 'died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them' (Heb 11:13).

As you stated above, the Old Testament "remnant" do have to be judged and purged of their carnal nature.  However, I do not know of any scripture that says that cannot happen while they are in the Kingdom of Heaven.  Are not God's Elect considered in the Kingdom of Heaven during their physical lives?  Isn't that when they are being judged to purge their carnality?   Why can't that be the case with the Old Testament remnant?  It is only your assumption that the Old Testament "remnant" has to be judged in "wrath" and be cast into the Lake of Fire to be "made perfect".  The Elect were not judged in wrath and they were likewise imputed to be righteous during the time of their judgment.

Rom 4:23-24 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him (Abraham); But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Plus, scripture says that wrath is for the wicked and not for the righteous. 

Prov 11:23 The desire of the righteous [is] only good: [but] the expectation of the wicked [is] wrath.

Prov 11:4 Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.

Also, wrath is reserved for those under the law: 

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

There is no law for those who walk by faith.  That is why Abraham was imputed to be righteous. 

I can't read Romans chapter 4 and believe that the "remnant" will be judged in wrath and will be cast into the Lake of Fire. 

Rom 4:13-14 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, [was] not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

If they are cast into the Lake of Fire, I believe that their faith will have been made void and the promise made of none effect.   But those who live by the law will be judged in wrath and cast into the Lake of Fire because the law doesn't make anyone righteous.  That is why Christ told the Pharisees that they are of their father the devil instead of them having Abraham as their father.

Sincerely,
Jody Edwards

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 06:07:02 PM »

Dear Marques,

You commented:

My understanding of the two witnesses is that they "symbolize" the Elect.  Christ's ministry on earth last 3 1/2 years.  Christ completes that ministry through his Elect who are said to witness for 3 1/2 years (1260 days).  That makes 7 years of testimony which is the number of completion.  Also, they lay dead in the street for 3 1/2 "days" which confirms Ray's understanding that the Elect are not resurrected until the full testimony of Christ has finished.  I understand 3 1/2 to symbolize the church age.  It is show as 1260 days, 3 1/2 days and also as 42 months.

Too many assumptions Joe. Where is it said that Christ ministry was 3 1/2 years? What scriptures state that Christ completes His ministry in 3 1/2 years? Where does Ray say that the Elect are not resurrected until the full testimony of Christ has finished? The FULL testimony of Christ contains everyone being saved. How are all saved if the Elect are not even resurrected yet because Christ ministry is not completed?

Where does it say the church age is 3 1/2 years?  

You commented:

I believe that Rev 20:4 is referring to the two witnesses since they symbolized all the Elect throughout the church age.  It is the Elect who have been raised & have reigned with Christ in verse 4.  To me, this is an exact match with Rev 11.

How is it an exact match with Rev 11? You say the Elect are symbolized as the 2 witnesses, but the Beast overcomes them AFTER God endows them with power. Jesus said His Elect will not be deceived [Matt 24:24, Mark 13:22].

You commented:

I do not know of any scripture that says that ALL who are judged at the "White Throne Judgment" are found unacceptable.  If a person's faith is imputed as righteousness, does that not mean that they have been made acceptable?  Obviously, the Old Testament "remnant" have not been made "perfect" yet but they have been imputed to be "righteous" which is another name for being "just".

John 1:17  For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Grace and truth did not come to the OT saints. Grace is God's divine influence upon the heart, having the mind of Christ, dying to self, etc. These came by the Jesus, starting at Pentecost, not in the OT. The OT saints looked for the promises 'afar off' but did not receive them [Heb 11:13 & 39]. By faith the OT saints obtained a good testimony [Heb 11:3], but not the spirit of Christ to die to the flesh.

According to Daniel, he believed that he would be resurrected in a resurrection that contains both the just and the unjust.  Is this not the resurrection that is described in Rev 11 and Rev 20?  

Daniel is specifically told that "thy people will be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book".  Daniel's "people" are the Old Testament remnant.  "Thy people" are certainly not the Elect of the church age.

Doesn't it say that some of "thy people" will be delivered and found written "in the book"?   Isn't that referring to the book that was opened in Rev 20:12?  Since some will be found written in the book, doesn't that mean that some will be found acceptable to Christ and will enter the Kingdom of Heaven and will not be cast into the Lake of Fire?  Isn't that what faith does for us and for them?

Rom 8:14-17  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

Gal 3:28-29  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

We are 'thy people' as the promise is fulfilled spiritually, not by genealogy. These things were NOT revealed to them of times past:

Eph 3:1-6  For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel

You commented:

As you stated above, the Old Testament "remnant" do have to be judged and purged of their carnal nature.  However, I do not know of any scripture that says that cannot happen while they are in the Kingdom of Heaven.

1 Cor 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption

Are not God's Elect considered in the Kingdom of Heaven during their physical lives?  Isn't that when they are being judged to purge their carnality?   Why can't that be the case with the Old Testament remnant?  It is only your assumption that the Old Testament "remnant" has to be judged in "wrath" and be cast into the Lake of Fire to be "made perfect".  The Elect were not judged in wrath and they were likewise imputed to be righteous during the time of their judgment.

Only Christ knows those who are His, we do not. Christ said He goes TO PREPARE a place for us [John 14:2-3], not that we have that place now. We are all carnal sinners who are not worthy of the Kingdom until we are judged and purged. We are NOT YET what we shall be:

1 John 3:2  ...now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Rom 4:23-24 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him (Abraham); But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Plus, scripture says that wrath is for the wicked and not for the righteous.  

Prov 11:23 The desire of the righteous [is] only good: [but] the expectation of the wicked [is] wrath.

Prov 11:4 Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.

Also, wrath is reserved for those under the law:  

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

There is no law for those who walk by faith.  That is why Abraham was imputed to be righteous.  

I can't read Romans chapter 4 and believe that the "remnant" will be judged in wrath and will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Rom 4:16  Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace...

It's faith ACCORDING to grace, they go together. Here is a great study about grace & faith: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5417.0.html

We all have to overcome the beast, including Abraham & other OT saints. That is the purpose of the Lake of Fire. WE go through the same Lake of Fire as well:

Excerpt from Lake of Fire Part 16-E (http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D5.htm):

All these five "fires" are the same one fire, and this fire is the "Consuming Fire" of God that JUDGES BOTH US AND THE WORLD. And it is clearly stated that "The lake of fire IS the second death" (Rev. 20:14 & 21:8). The lake of fire is JUDGMENT, and the lake of fire is the second death. Therefore: the SECOND death IS GOD'S JUDGEMENTS UPON BOTH THE WICKED AND THE ELECT!

Rom 4:13-14 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, [was] not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

If they are cast into the Lake of Fire, I believe that their faith will have been made void and the promise made of none effect.   But those who live by the law will be judged in wrath and cast into the Lake of Fire because the law doesn't make anyone righteous.  That is why Christ told the Pharisees that they are of their father the devil instead of them having Abraham as their father.

Sincerely,
Jody Edwards

Jody, I hope these comments answer your question. You may want to spend some time re-reading the LOF series, especially the latter installments regarding the Lake of Fire and its purpose.

I am going to go on the side of caution to lock this thread. It's not about having the last word but staying in line with the purpose of the forum. This thread is going away from Ray teachings and into personal interpretation. Hope you understand and please feel free to PM myself or another moderator with any questions, comments, concerns.

Marques
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:59:01 PM by mharrell08 »

Kat

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »

Hi John,

1Co 3:13  each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
v. 14  If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
v. 15  If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Every person will have to give account for all the works they have done in this life. So "if anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward" for any good that is found in them.

The Lake of fire is for teaching righteousness (Isa 26:9), so any good character traits a person has from this life will remain. But character traits that a person has that are not good/righteous will be burned out. That is the purpose of the Lake of fire, to purge people of wrong behavior by teaching them.

Daniel is specifically told that "thy people will be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book".  Daniel's "people" are the Old Testament remnant.  "Thy people" are certainly not the Elect of the church age.  Doesn't it say that some of "thy people" will be delivered and found written "in the book"?   Isn't that referring to the book that was opened in Rev 20:12?  Since some will be found written in the book, doesn't that mean that some will be found acceptable to Christ and will enter the Kingdom of Heaven and will not be cast into the Lake of Fire?  Isn't that what faith does for us and for them?

http://bible-truths.com/bible.htm ---------------------------

Just what is the "the book of life?" The King James (and others) makes it sound like the "book of life" is a literal book that is in the possession of the Lamb (Jesus Christ). Hence people believe that Jesus carries a literal book that has literal pages in it, on which are written literal names of the saved saints. Here is how the book of life is presented in the King James Bible:

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb…" (Rev. 13:08).

Why is this book called "the book of life?" Most would answer: because of the names that are WRITTEN inside who are promised LIFE. Maybe then it should have been called "the book of NAMES." Whether we emphasize "the book of life," or "the book of life," both are wrong. Something is missing? What? The same thing that was missing in Rom. 8:28, only this time it is CHRIST Who is missing. Put back the missing word, and we have a WHOLE NEW SCRIPTURAL TRUTH:

From King James Version:

"…whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb…"

From the Concordant Greek Text (Page 713):

"OF-WHOM NOT HAS-been-WRITTEN THE NAME OF-him IN THE SCROLLet OF-THE LIFE OF-THE LAMBkin"

From the Emphatic Diaglott Interlinear (Page 8843):

"…of which not has been written the name in the scroll of THE life of the Lamb…"

This book is a whole lot more than the "book of life." Rather this book is: "the book of THE LIFE OF THE LAMB!" WOW!

What a Truth we lose when we "take away" the definite article "the" from this verse of God’s Book. Why oh why would God have to write our names "IN A BOOK?" How absurd! Do we think that God has a POOR MEMORY and FORGETS things if He doesn’t WRITE THEM DOWN?

No, our names must be written in "THE LIFE OF THE LAMB" or our lives are not worth anything. Here is how Jesus Christ is our "Book of Life:"

"For the law of the Spirit of LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS has made me free from the law of sin and death" (Rom. 8:2).

Our lives must be written in "The BOOK of the LIFE of the LAMB." It is "The Book of THE LIFE of THE Lamb." The book is the LAMB’S LIFE. The Lamb IS THE BOOK—JESUS CHRIST IS THE BOOK! When we "take away" from God’s "Book" we take away FROM JESUS CHRIST. We diminish "THE LIFE of the Lamb" down to a mere physical "book"—a book of paper when translators, "take away from the words of the BOOK of this prophecy" (Rev. 22:19).
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As you stated above, the Old Testament "remnant" do have to be judged and purged of their carnal nature.  However, I do not know of any scripture that says that cannot happen while they are in the Kingdom of Heaven.  Are not God's Elect considered in the Kingdom of Heaven during their physical lives?  Isn't that when they are being judged to purge their carnality?   Why can't that be the case with the Old Testament remnant?

Because anybody can only enter the kingdom to reign with Christ through the door - Jesus Christ, which is only being offer at this time.

John 10:7  Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
v. 8  All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

The first resurrection happens only once at His return, those that do not have Christ indwelling at that time will not enter, not even John the Baptist.

Luke 7:28  For I say to you, among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:23:34 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 16 queries.