bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blessed are those who mourn  (Read 6250 times)

mongoose

Blessed are those who mourn
« on: July 06, 2006, 03:28:39 PM »

Ok.  Another question that perhaps has already been answered (or that the answer is obvious to most other people).  I have been wondering about the "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted" scripture.  What are these people mourning for?  I have seen a lot of different explanations for this passage (usually to support whatever the author believed).  My question is this....if all is part of God's plan then are we allowed to mourn for the things that happen around us?  Is it ok to be sad about how things are in the world since it is the way it is supposed to be now or is that like being sad about God's plan?  The things that happen in the world sometimes break my heart and make me very sad.  Is that what this verse refers to or is it wrong to feel that way?

hillsbororiver

Re: Blessed are those who mourn
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 04:37:45 PM »

There may be another more specific answer to this, but at some point all of us, chosen, called and unbelievers will come to the place where there is actual bitter mourning. Whether that place is in this age or the Lake of Fire is up to Him, but this feeling of sadness for what goes on in the world as well as remorse for the things done in the flesh and our lack of power to overcome on our own will eventually humble us, crush us into the fine powder that can be reconstituted through His Spirit into a new creation in Him.

Once we experience this and His Spirit begins it's work in us we start to feel the joy that can only be had when we walk with Him, once this age is past and we are with Him and even like Him the pure joy is incomprehensible to the imagination.

He will wipe away every tear and replace it with His peace, joy, wisdom & love. What a glorious thing to look forward to.

Once we begin to feel for others as we feel for ourselves and our families then we can be sure it is His work in us.

I hope this helps,

Joe

rocky

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 05:57:29 PM »

Thinking about the verses re: it's the sick that need a dr.  seems to apply here.  mourning over our sickness, inability to heal ourself, and dependence upon the Doctor to heal us.  Many don't see their sickness, they are blind to their blindess. 

orion77

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 10:27:05 PM »

Mourning, wow, what an absolute must, that takes place in believers.  We can do nothing in ourselves and there is noone who does good, no not one.  We all go the way of self and this world into which we were born.  We get caught up into and are carried away into these delusions.

It's no wonder why we must be born again.  Before we are born again, something must die.  There is no way around those words, no escaping it.  That death, when we are crucified with Christ is just like this:

(2Ch 24:20)  And the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, and he stood before the people and said to them, So says God, Why do you transgress the commandments of Jehovah, and do not prosper? Because you have forsaken Jehovah, He has forsaken you.

We are no different than these people and this brings about serious mourning, albeit for our own good.

(Isa 49:13)  Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; break out into singing, O mountains. For Jehovah has comforted His people and will have pity on His afflicted.

(Isa 49:14)  But Zion said, Jehovah has forsaken me, and, My Lord has forgotten me.

(Isa 49:15)  Can a woman forget her suckling child, from pitying the son of her womb? Yes, these may forget, yet I will surely not forget you.

(Isa 49:16)  Behold, I have carved you on the palms of My hands; your walls are always before Me.

(Isa 62:4)  You no longer shall be called Forsaken; nor shall your land any longer be called Desolate. But you shall be called, My Delight is in Her; and your land, Married. For Jehovah delights in you, and your land is married.

Here comes the good part, why we are no longer forsaken.  It is because we trust in the Rock of our Salvation:

(Mat 27:46)  And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani; that is, "My God, My God, why did You forsake Me?" Psa. 22:1

An innocent One has paid the penalty for our sins.  The ones who see no sin, or the ones who can't see there is nothing we can do, who do not mourn, but it is the ones who have been healed by this Innocent One, who now see, hence the true mourning.  All of God serves a purpose.

God bless,

Gary

Chris R

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 12:07:29 AM »

Hi,

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.  And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.  [Rom 8:22-23]

I know groan and mourn are not the same thing, but perhaps there is a similarity in the overall message in the above verses, ..

Peace

Chris R

chrissiela

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 09:47:05 AM »

Hi,

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.  And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.  [Rom 8:22-23]

I know groan and mourn are not the same thing, but perhaps there is a similarity in the overall message in the above verses, ..

Peace

Chris R

I think that absolutely has something to do with it as it also relates to what Christ said here:

Mat 9:15  And Jesus said unto them,
Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.[/list]

I think that we 'mourn' His absence while we 'look' (God willing) for His appearing.

So then:

Mat 5:4 
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Joh 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[/list]

Chrissie

jerry

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 02:02:54 PM »

the way I understand this it could mean those who mourn are those who have come to the realization that they are a sinner and need to repent and do so and their comfort comes from knowing they are forgiven and being blessed with eternal life will be a comfort..............Jerry

prarrydog

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »

Peace

Chris R

This is the first thing I thought of too Chris. 

DaleRay

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 04:34:40 AM »

Is it ok to be sad about how things are in the world since it is the way it is supposed to be now or is that like being sad about God's plan?

[Jhn 11:35] Jesus wept.

Seems as though it was ok for our Lord.

danagonzalez

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 10:44:10 PM »

I agree with DaleRay. After all who gave us these feelings. I believe that the verse "blessed are those who mourn" means any mourning and that God  gives us His approval. LOVE DANA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.