bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: did some people existed b4 adam was created?  (Read 22933 times)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: did some people existed b4 adam was created?
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »

oh dear iluv.   i believe our magistrate mods are not smiling

Can't speak for everyone but I'm actually quite amused and smiling.

Craig

mag·is·trate   /ˈmædʒəˌstreɪt, -strɪt/  Show Spelled
[maj-uh-streyt, -strit]  Show IPA

–noun
1. a civil officer charged with the administration of the law.
2. a minor judicial officer, as a justice of the peace or the judge of a police court, having jurisdiction to try minor criminal cases and to conduct preliminary examinations of persons charged with serious crimes.

Magistrate/Moderator - Hum, it seems to fit.  Now I feel really important. ;D

René

One Love

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »

Dear
Just said what's on my mind, can't change that! I have no free will to change that. I've been reading Mr. Smith's work since 2002, I respect his work, I researched & compared Mr. Smith's work and everything else comes out second best to Mr. Smith's work. I don't have to be here as long as some of you to know off topic scriptures being quoted and it's good to wanna be like Mr. Smith or Jesus but could we? by the replies I'm getting, doesn't seem so.

I would like to see people engaging and discussing the topics in question and not quoting scripture which don't fit those topics or be still, don't post!

If I offended any of you, please pray for me.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2011, 03:26:03 PM »

If I offended any of you, please pray for me.

1Luv,

No offense taken, but I will be praying for you.  Just as you posted what was on your heart, so do others that come here. 

René

Marky Mark

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »

Mr. Smith also said that you must be led by the holy spirit to undersatand spirit, how many of us know the holy spirit???

Get on your knees and ask GOD,

be what GOD callled you to be.

understand for yourself

1Luv

Act 7:51  Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Act 7:52  Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

Psa 104:30  Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

Eph 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Joh 4:23 But coming is the hour, and now is, when the true worshipers will be worshiping the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father also is seeking such to be worshiping Him."
Joh 4:24 God is spirit, and those who are worshiping Him must be worshiping in spirit and truth."

Joh 14:26 Now the consoler, the holy spirit, which the Father will be sending in My name, that will be teaching you all, and reminding you of all that I said to you."

Joh 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14  He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word

Peace...Mark

markn902

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »

So he knew that, he knew that when Eve ate it she was going to die.  He longed for that woman so long and now she is going to die.  He loved her so much, he said if she is going to die, I’m going to die with her, and he ate the fruit.  He knew full well he would die, and he said I’m going with her.  I’m not going to let her go alone, you see.  So he was willing to die for that woman.
Hope this helps & doesn't add confusion, maybe I'll comment at a more convenient time regarding the Resurrection aspect of these Hunters/Gathers and probably regret it,  ;), ;D.
[/color][/color][/color]

That is a really beautiful love story!

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2011, 09:46:02 PM »

One of the things to keep in mind is that by our participation on this forum we are constrained not to bring in outside teachings/teachers and not to attempt to teach ourselves.  Ray has never claimed to be the repository of all truth and Ray has changed his opinion on things as God reveals more to him.  The reasons why we stick to talking about Ray has taught is simple and perhaps a reminder of the FAQ's is in order....

THE IMPORTANT STUFF:

This forum and how it is moderated, is different than most all religious based forums on the internet so please read carefully.

If you are considering joining this forum before reading and studying  www.bible-truths.com, please reconsider.
It would be beneficial to all involved if you take the time to familiarize yourself with the teaching of L.Ray Smith first.

This is not the place to decide if you agree with the teaching of L.Ray Smith, but a place you can retreat to when you do.

This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com.

If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere.

THIS FORUM IS NOT TO BE USED TO DEBATE RELIGIOUS TOPICS

Please do not make sport of persons who email Ray. Leave any criticism of the individual to Ray.

No preaching (including preaching via links).
Links are not allowed if a site or article brings its own teaching or preaching.  Links are allowed if a site it just for fun or informational, ie, you tube, google translator, Esword, etc.

No using this forum as a recruiting ground to other forums, by pm's or public posting.

This is the Bible-Truths.com forum.  We've not gathered together to discuss other websites and ministries.  Ray (and the moderators) don't want this website to be a gateway (formally or informally, publicly or privately) to them.

No inappropriate language or profanity allowed.

No name-calling.

This forum is moderated, if you feel you cannot accept the bounds of a limited forum then don’t join.  The moderators do not have the time to explain every decision to you on why a post was deleted, so don’t expect it.

The moderators will generally try to remove posts before banning a member, don’t take it personally.  If you see your posts being removed then perhaps you should review what you are writing to make sure is goes along with the forum rules.  If you are asked to let a subject drop, or a particular subject is off limits then please abide by what the moderators ask.  Don’t necessarily expect a reason for the request, many things go on behind the scenes of the forum and the moderators are doing what they feel is best.

If you have a problem with a moderator, the way the forum is managed, or another user of the forum then address this through private mails.  Publicly airing your grievances could be grounds for banishment, and will get your post deleted.

Learn to use the private mail function.  If you don't know how then ask.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html

Emphasis is mine;

ez2u

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, 11:42:36 PM »

just another part of this Gen1:26

Gen 1:26  And God430 said,559 Let us make6213 man120 in our image,6754 after our likeness:1823 and let them have dominion7287 over the fish1710 of the sea,3220 and over the fowl5775 of the air,8064 and over the cattle,929 and over all3605 the earth,776 and over every3605 creeping thing7431 that creepeth7430 upon5921 the earth.776
 we could look at is  let us make the word make here

H6213
עשׂה
‛âśâh
aw-saw'
A primitive root; to do or make, in the broadest sense and widest application: - accomplish, advance, appoint, apt, be at, become, bear, bestow, bring forth, bruise, be busy, X certainly, have the charge of, commit, deal (with), deck, + displease, do, (ready) dress (-ed), (put in) execute (-ion), exercise, fashion, + feast, [fight-] ing man, + finish, fit, fly, follow, fulfil, furnish, gather, get, go about, govern, grant, great, + hinder, hold ([a feast]), X indeed, + be industrious, + journey, keep, labour, maintain, make, be meet, observe, be occupied, offer, + officer, pare, bring (come) to pass, perform, practise, prepare, procure, provide, put, requite, X sacrifice, serve, set, shew, X sin, spend, X surely, take, X thoroughly, trim, X very, + vex, be [warr-] ior, work (-man), yield, use.

is a coarse  let us be making man

Oatmeal

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 01:06:27 AM »

So he knew that, he knew that when Eve ate it she was going to die.  He longed for that woman so long and now she is going to die.  He loved her so much, he said if she is going to die, I’m going to die with her, and he ate the fruit.  He knew full well he would die, and he said I’m going with her.  I’m not going to let her go alone, you see.  So he was willing to die for that woman.

That is a really beautiful love story!

Was Adam's carnal nature capable of true unselfish love?

Was it unselfish love Adam displayed, or love for himself?  Beautiful? love story?  He was willing to die for that woman?  His willingness to die served only himself, didn't it, if it was because he didn't want to miss her?  How would his death in this way profit her?  If it didn’t profit her, how was it love?  If he loved her at least as much or more than he loved himself, why didn't he ask God if he could take her place (die instead of her) instead of simply joining her in death?  And perhaps he could have asked God to make another partner for her.  What a selfish man.  Thinking only of himself, I think.  What does it matter what I think?  Does Scripture agree (in the flesh there is no good thing, etc)?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:25:58 AM by Oatmeal »
From Micah 7:9:  By the grace and call of Yahweh I will bear the trials of the narrow way, because I have no love, until He fully shows me my sin and I am judged by Him.  He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall see His righteousness.

Oatmeal

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2011, 01:29:01 AM »

Please extend to me your kindness and patience.

Did no one see my question?

When I quoted Matthew 19:4-6 and Mark 10:6-9 in an earlier post I was asking: What is the significance of the fact that, in regard to man at the beginning, and a man and his wife being no more twain but one flesh, and not to be separated in divorce, Jesus quoted from Genesis chapter one and Genesis chapter two in one seamless quote?  Doesn’t this show that there was only one creation of mankind?  Am I being too simple?  Possibly.  Please make me more complicated by a well-informed reply.  This subject area does seem to be rather speculative though.

In the first (assuming there were two) creation of man, man was made in the image of God; and they were created male and female (Genesis 1:27).  If I have understood correctly, Jesus said, because of the creation of male and female, in the beginning, for this cause, shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.  A "one flesh" statement appears in Genesis chapter two.  The reason given was because woman was taken out of man, which still equals a creation of male and female, (but in more detail?).

If there were two creations of man, did the same rules apply to both creations?  It appears that the husband-wife one flesh bonding applied to the first creation, as well as to the second.

If the same rules applied to both creations, did no one in the first creation of man, a significant creation made in the image of God, start dying until after Adam sinned?

The main question(s): What is the significance of the fact that, in regard to man at the beginning, and a man and his wife being no more twain but one flesh, and not to be separated in divorce, Jesus quoted from Genesis chapter one and Genesis chapter two in one seamless quote?  How does this affect the argument that there were two creations of man, or does it not affect it?  How does it not affect it?

Thanks
From Micah 7:9:  By the grace and call of Yahweh I will bear the trials of the narrow way, because I have no love, until He fully shows me my sin and I am judged by Him.  He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall see His righteousness.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2011, 02:45:26 AM »

I guess that I didn't know that their is an 'inner circle' around here Mark with perhaps the exception of those fortunate few that live near Ray and can actually fellowship with him from time to time.  The thing is though that we all had to ask to be admitted for membership to the forum and as part of that we agree to abide by the ground rules.  One of the nice benefits of that is that there is very little rancor on this forum and one of the big reasons is that the moderators don't allow us to get too far off of what Ray has taught.  On many Christian type forums there is constant bickering and backbiting over everything from A-Z and that doesn't happen around here.  I'm not a mod (wouldn't want to be) and I simply copied from the FAQ's that we all agree to before we ever become members here.

God bless!!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2011, 02:56:05 AM »

This thread is making my head spin now.  Hate to think what it's doing to guests.  We're over 50 posts and covering at least 4 topics.  The OP was answered as best as it can be on page 1.  I'm going to lock this one down now.  

Oatmeal, it's a tricky web-forum operation to seperate out your question into a new thread, and I'm not sure I can do it without messing things up.  Have some patience or repost it in a new thread, please.  The other issues have run their course.  If not, please start a new thread.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.