bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God "changed His Mind" with Moses?  (Read 4802 times)

GlenKlein

God "changed His Mind" with Moses?
« on: July 06, 2006, 04:25:40 PM »

Hello All!

I seem to recall Ray covering this in one of his papers, but now I can't find it... can someone help?

Exo 32:14  And Jehovah was moved to pity concerning the evil which He had spoken to do to His people.

Thanks!

Glen

jerreye

Re: God "changed His Mind" with Moses?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 05:36:44 PM »

Hi Glen,

If you recall back in Genesis, God asked Adam, "Adam, where art thou?". Should we assume from this that God really did not know where Adam was?

Likewise, when God "repented" for even creating men (at the time of Noaha's flood), do we really think He LITERALLY repented, seeing that the scriptures state that "God is NOT a man that He should repent"?

All of these events, including the one you posted are all for man's benefit. God asked Adam, "where art thou", so that Adam would answer Him. God does not repent in it's literal sense...He only seemingly "repents", relative to OUR perspective, mostly to show us human's a specific point.

God bless,
Jeremy

GlenKlein

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 05:41:55 PM »

Thank you Jeremy!

That's what I was looking for... do you remember which paper that was in?  Or maybe I read a similar answer in an email reply?

Glen

rocky

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 05:54:09 PM »

Thank you Jeremy!

That's what I was looking for... do you remember which paper that was in?  Or maybe I read a similar answer in an email reply?

Glen

in the letter to james kennedy, number 3, a little more than half way down is  a section on relative and absolute, similar to the question u are asking. 

GlenKlein

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »

That's it!!  Thank you Rocky... I always forget to look in those letters!   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.